• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everybody's Golf |OT| We'll miss you Hot Shots Golf

Heel

There is a Recycle Club set option.

21366781_10159260019075402_694487769942844505_o.jpg

I'm not gonna touch that till i'm 100% sure what he's gonna do with the clubs, i'm not a man of faith.

Oh, interesting. So I guess the alternative is "purchase club set" and level up a second set of custom clubs with different Effect stats?

I'd probably be more tempted to save up 100 more gems and try the recycle mechanic.

Thanks for the pic.

Heel

What's the point of fishing, really? Other than for fun.

It seems to be a good way to earn coins, but the coin economy seems kind of broken in this game. You are not hurting for coins unless you really want to copy characters that have clothing, etc. that you don't currently have.

Maybe there's hidden VS. characters or something if complete enough of the fishing encyclopedia? Just a guess.

moozoom

i just finally found the power item in the home area for getting to rank 6. phew. i've taken screenshot if anyone needs exact location.

I'm interested ! This is still eluding me and I could swear I've looked everywhere (obviously not but..)

Online mode is super instable - the framerate is destroying my poor eyeballs ! And I'm usually not complaining about that - I'm the kind of person who can't see frame skipping and such. Guess they didn't anticipate the number of online players, or the servers are acting up.

Karish

I was really looking forward to this, but this game just doesn't feel right tethered to my TV. I loved Hot Shots Vita. I hope they will make a Mario Golf game for switch soon.

Go left of the tourney desk. Far left of the 3 park entrances. Drive around on each course til you find coins. 2 gems should be there. Rinse and repeat all day every day.

I dont see any gems there. And i still havent found one on a course. WTH am i doing wrong?

Do i need to be a certian rank for them to show up?

Heel

I dont see any gems there. And i still havent found one on a course. WTH am i doing wrong?

Do i need to be a certian rank for them to show up?

No, you just have to find them. They're on every 9-hole course and refresh daily.

They're on the 6th hole on the Out of Eagle City in open course today.

Heel

i just finally found the power item in the home area for getting to rank 6. phew. i've taken screenshot if anyone needs exact location.

I'm interested ! This is still eluding me and I could swear I've looked everywhere (obviously not but..)

Online mode is super instable - the framerate is destroying my poor eyeballs ! And I'm usually not complaining about that - I'm the kind of person who can't see frame skipping and such. Guess they didn't anticipate the number of online players, or the servers are acting up.

I've spent at least a half hour combing the place for it, where'd you find it?

This one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao7bkyTRDMI

Spacedeck

Neo Member
Full list of Secret VS challenges are below:

50 Birdies
100 Birdies
20 Eagles
150 Birdies
80 Tournaments
120 Tournaments
50 Eagles
5 Albatrosses
1 Condor
3 Condor

I picked this up over the weekend. Bought it digitally since it's the kind of game I'll keep coming back to. Sure, I could've saved $8 buying the physical version but the truth is I would have double-dipped in a future PSN sale for $10 anyway so why not go ahead and pay the full $40 to have it now and not have put a disc in.

So far I have to say I really like the game a lot. I can see the progression issues you guys are referring to but the actual golfing is fun and graphics are serviceable. I've tried both the 60fps and 4K modes, and I think the 4K mode is the way to go, since a lot of the animations seem to be keyed to 30 fps anyway so they look incongruous in 60fps. HDR looks OK in this game but I think it could've been implemented better. This is one of those HDR games where I have to really crank up the gamma to avoid a somewhat "dim" view, even with backlight on 20. The game plays very fast and smooth, and it's very easy to pop-in, play a 9-hole round, and then play something else. I haven't experienced any of the odd PI issues some of you have reported. My shots tend to where I aim them provided I hit the ball properly. I'm applying topspin and backspin as well.

My only real complaints are the 30fps animations and I don't like the sound of people hitting next to me while I'm taking my swing. It messes with me sometimes. I understand why this occurs in the online mode but they even have the NPCs doing it in the SP tournaments. Oh, and I guess I'll go ahead and complain about the course progression. I'm not tired of the starting course yet but I'm sure I will be.

So for the DLC courses, can I play them after purchase or is there still some unlocking mechanism?

Miker

Asking again regarding super spin - what's this I hear about tapping a direction on the dpad to apply spin instead of just holding? Is it better? Is it only applicable if I get a perfect impact? Am I supposed to tap up/down/left/right on the dpad *and* hit X at the same time?

Steroyd

Asking again regarding super spin - what's this I hear about tapping a direction on the dpad to apply spin instead of just holding? Is it better? Is it only applicable if I get a perfect impact? Am I supposed to tap up/down/left/right on the dpad *and* hit X at the same time?

Yeah it's ultra spin.

After rank... 5? You gain the ability to use ultra spin, tap in one direction and X during the power gauge then tap in the opposite and tap X with a PI, and your spin should be purple instead of blue.

Haven't seen anyone saying they found one at Rank 7. Apparently there's no tool tip saying there's one to find, either.

Yeah, the message doesn't seem to appear anymore now, I have 7x powermode for 9H?
Feel like the game can be a bit buggy sometimes, it also said something about a phone at the beach area, not in my game though lol.

Took my first steps online, open course is awesome, bit laggy or frame issues though but really cool. If they throw in tournaments like before we have a winner here.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

It's a stronger spin. You just tap it at the same time as impact. I'm pretty sure you need perfect impact.

Spacedeck

Neo Member
it also said something about a phone at the beach area, not in my game though lol..

Not sure how far you are but this guy appears after maxing out a stat for your custom club. Then this guy can upgrade it once more to make 11 upgrades.

All this is pretty much finished game though.

RodzTF

Got the Full House trophy for obtaining all 720 members of the gallery. That was a grind!

Nice. Now I've reached special rank I'm going back to lower ranks for some chill-out rounds to get all the gallery members.

I'm guessing the quickest way is to just pay coins to shuffle participants to ones you don't have yet? No other tricks to it?

Miker

Yeah it's ultra spin.

After rank... 5? You gain the ability to use ultra spin, tap in one direction and X during the power gauge then tap in the opposite and tap X with a PI, and your spin should be purple instead of blue.

It's a stronger spin. You just tap it at the same time as impact. I'm pretty sure you need perfect impact.

Thanks. I guess I haven't even unlocked it yet. Then again, the game has made zero mention of how to put *any* sort of spin on the ball so far.

Spacedeck

Neo Member
Nice. Now I've reached special rank I'm going back to lower ranks for some chill-out rounds to get all the gallery members.

I'm guessing the quickest way is to just pay coins to shuffle participants to ones you don't have yet? No other tricks to it?

I used coins but I found a bug too. I was finding if I shuffled too fast the coin sound becomes looped and the only way to end it is by closing the game down.

Not sure how far you are but this guy appears after maxing out a stat for your custom club. Then this guy can upgrade it once more to make 11 upgrades.

All this is pretty much finished game though.

Ah I see, I've just started to level up my custom clubs.
Getting gems doesn't seem to be problematic but do we know how the repair system works already? That's like the last freemium trap they could spit out.

TFGB

I used coins to shuffle the members Rodz. It's when you get to the last 10-20 members that you only get a few per round which makes it grindy.

Most of the rounds were fine playing just 9 holes but some of the Special Rank matches I had to opt to play 18 holes if there was a choice, as 9 holes sometimes wasn't enough to get 3 shots clear of the higher ranked opponents.

I did find it annoying that many times on the first hole there were players hitting 5 under on a par 5 that required drives of about 500+ yards lol. How does that work?! *confused*

RodzTF

I used coins to shuffle the members Rodz. It's when you get to the last 10-20 members that you only get a few per round which makes it grindy.

Most of the rounds were fine playing just 9 holes but some of the Special Rank matches I had to opt to play 18 holes if there was a choice, as 9 holes sometimes wasn't enough to get 3 shots clear of the higher ranked opponents.

I did find it annoying that many times on the first hole there were players hitting 5 under on a par 5 that required drives of about 500+ yards lol. How does that work?! *confused*

Yea I have around 5 left for Rank 1 but having to shuffle a lot to just get one or two peeps I don't have

In relation to AI scores, you sure they're not a few holes ahead of you when you start? You could finish the first hole and AI may be on another hole or finished

All official I assume right? Should be pretty doable on the first course with some trial and error.

It seems the condor is only attainable on that Alpina hole via water skip at the moment. Haven't seen any other attempts

TFGB

In relation to AI scores, you sure they're not a few holes ahead of you when you start? You could finish the first hole and AI may be on another hole or finished

I didn't think about that. I thought we all teed off at the same time?

Griss

There's no doubt that the club levels are unbalanced. Distance in golf is pretty much the most important thing once you can hit in any way straight. The longest hitters on the PGA tour win way, way more than the shorter ones. The old adage 'hit for show, putt for dough' isn't exactly true - the long hitters are the ones who win, and the one who putts best that week is the one who'll win. Only very technical courses change that.

In EG, the benefit of spending 1 level for 4 yards of distance absolutely dwarfs the benefit you could get from putting that point in control, spin or backdoor. To the point that there's no reason for those other club levels to even exist. They should have made the distance bonus 2 yards per level. That would have helped the balance, but also and maybe more importantly helped the courses from being ludicrously overpowered by players who can hit par 5s in one damn shot.

Also, I recorded footage of Balata CC front and back 9 and the front 9 is processing now. I'll post the link when it's done. I had to do it twice because I had no idea that being HDR makes the video recording totally screwed up. What I learned was that if you turn the HDR off the game looks like ass.

hort22

I used coins but I found a bug too. I was finding if I shuffled too fast the coin sound becomes looped and the only way to end it is by closing the game down.

how do you use coins to shuffle the gallery people? I'm only in rank 5...does it come into play later or am I missing something simple?

RodzTF

how do you use coins to shuffle the gallery people? I'm only in rank 5...does it come into play later or am I missing something simple?

Press triangle on tournament select screen

Have to clear the rank before you can do it (beat all corresponding rank VS characters)

TFGB

Lol the same thing happened to me. Then I was imagining the noise was still going when I restarted the game....either that or I had ringing in my friggin' ears!

Top Bottom