• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everybody's Golf |OT| We'll miss you Hot Shots Golf

DrDamn

Not sure what the point of both DLC stages being easy lvl.1 difficulty. Do we really need three different flat open courses? Hope any further DLC is more challenging.

I think, like the game itself, we'll see quite a lot of expansion and change over time. 2 DLC courses at launch (one a pre-order bonus) says to me there will be a good number released. I think the point of them being quite easy is to give newcomers and group/local MP some more variety to play. You need more courses which most can play rather than a load of tougher courses at the start.

Ekid

What kind of sorcery is this?
DI9pSz0WsAIg2jO.jpg

I think, like the game itself, we'll see quite a lot of expansion and change over time. 2 DLC courses at launch (one a pre-order bonus) says to me there will be a good number released. I think the point of them being quite easy is to give newcomers and group/local MP some more variety to play. You need more courses which most can play rather than a load of tougher courses at the start.

Based on Japanese blog posts and stuff, sounds like only 3 more courses planned. Maybe more will be in the works if they continue to sell well.

ElNino

Press square on the tournament menu to activate "Serious mode" which gets you more money and experience. This was a lifesaver when I figured it out.
Really? I didn't know about this. Does this make the field better, so that I'm not crushing everyone by 5+ strokes? If so... I need to do this if it gives better payouts.

Snoopycat

Banned
I put this on serious mode and was on top for most of the game then I don't know what happened, my timing collapsed and I got a double bogey. Managed to claw my way to 3rd, but I have to start looking into backspins and all the other different clubs I got. So far I've just been using the club you get at the start of the game. It's probably time to change up.

dkeane

What the hell do I need to do to open more courses?
Played all weekend and... nothing. Thinking about dropping this game. Loved the last one.

Samus4145

Hit Rank 4 and truely HATE the beach resort. Don't know if I have it in me to play more single-player of this.

Also, anyone else have issues with the Open Course? Every time I try to connect the game just hangs on the same screen

RodzTF

Played all weekend and... nothing. Thinking about dropping this game. Loved the last one.

Seriously.

I'm only rank 2 and haven't put more than 4-5 hours in but jesus christ it's just the same course over and over and over.

Are you playing the tournaments on Serious Mode? You get more XP so you'll unlock new courses quicker.

I don't understand the complaints about playing the same course over and over again. It did not take me 5 hours to open the second course. 3 tops.

I guess it just depends on how many tournaments you're winning. I think I won every single one first try through Rank 6.

hampig

Are you playing the tournaments on Serious Mode? You get more XP so you'll unlock new courses quicker.

I don't understand the complaints about playing the same course over and over again. It did not take me 5 hours to open the second course. 3 tops.

I think I got the second course, but if I did, it's honestly so similar that I didn't really notice.

That being said, I don't mind. This is sort of my mindless relaxation game, and it fills that spot perfectly.

ElNino

I guess it just depends on how many tournaments you're winning. I think I won every single one first try through Rank 6.
I didn't know about Serious Mode... I'll need to try that as I'm crushing every event I enter and I still only have the first course.

Sh0k

Everytime you rank up you unlock a new course. You have to play aand defeat 3 vs characters to rank up. Selecting serious mode helps a lot, makes the game a little bit more challenging and you get more XP per game.

I thought it didnt take that long to get the other courses, especially if you do 18 holes serious round, or you just run through the 9 holes pretty fast. Only way it takes long is if youre not getting 1st place then you get less exp.

I still go back to the first course to play because, screw the OB and Water Hazards in the Alpine and Beach course, lol. Miss a perfect impact on some moments and the ball goes directly towards the water, or you hit the dumb bridge and get stuck with a +7. Someone in an online round I played got a +11 on one hole lol.

I wish the game let me play single player games with the random rules (+1 rough, +1 if 15 second etc)

Heel

Daily VS only give you one shot? My opponent gone after I lose...

Yeah, I messed up vs the go-kart guy :(

Anyone have days when a revenge vs doesn't appear? Today mine just says "?".

That´s a bug, you should have the revenge right away.

Any idea if anything can be done to them them appear?

After reading about this, I'm just going to quit out if things start going poorly.

Lettuce

So where do you find gem, ive have round about Eagle city course many a time but never found one.

And what the point of collecting characters, what do they do?

ukas

So where do you find gem, ive have round about Eagle city course many a time but never found one.

They'll be centered around one hole specifically. Once you find a coin or anything else run around the outskirts of the hole and you should find some.

When you hit a certain amount of people it will increase stats on certain clubs.

From what I can tell all items spawn around a certain hole on every course in online mode. So run or drive around until you start seeing coins pop out of the ground. At the top of the screen there will be a message that looks like "items found hole 5' or something, that tells you to go around the edge of hole 5 (just for example) and you should find many more items including gems. I believe they reappear the next day, but on a different hole.

ukas

From what I can tell all items spawn around a certain hole on every course in online mode. So run or drive around until you start seeing coins pop out of the ground. At the top of the screen there will be a message that looks like "items found hole 5' or something, that tells you to go around the edge of hole 5 (just for example) and you should find many more items including gems. I believe they reappear the next day, but on a different hole.

That text also changes to All once you've collected everything.

N° 2048

Hit Rank 3, finally cart and new course. However the girl said something changed in my Home area, can't spot it. Someone let me know what it is?

Lettuce

Oh is it online only they appear as i dont have PSN

mrklaw

MrArseFace
So far for me, if i choose serious mode and play the highest tier matches and win, I'm getting half the XP towards a Vs player for a 9 hole course, or all the XP for the next Vs player with an 18 hole course

Maybe that changes on later ranks but that hasn't been too bad for me so far

njs15

Just played a revenge vs. match where the CPU had three long hole outs and a hole-in-one on tornado cups.

Feels bad

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So is the PI stuff as game breaking as some people were making it out to be?

The videos I've seen and the explanations I've read make it sound like there's still a hair of RNG associated with PI.

Also, how bad is the P2W stuff? I want to pick this game up because I love golf games, but I don't want to feel like my skill will play zero role in my success...

TFGB

Yeah, I messed up vs the go-kart guy :(

Anyone have days when a revenge vs doesn't appear? Today mine just says "?".
Mine is also blank with just a "?". I've tried playing offline tournies and online tournies, fishing etc. and no joy.

The VS match glitches are becoming a bit of a pain.

njs15

So is the PI stuff as game breaking as some people were making it out to be?.

No. It might cost you a stroke a round on the tough courses.

Also the P2W stuff really isn't that bad. It's there as a shortcut, sure, but if you planned on fully completing or platting the game then you'll have the best clubs by the end anyway.

If it helps anyone, here's some gem locations from today.

Eagle out - 7
Eagle in - 17

Alpina out - 9
Alpina in - 10

Green out - 8
Green in - 18

Heel

So for the "Ultra Spin" variant of spin shots, you can hold the d-pad buttons for the power portion of the swing, but you have to tap the d-pad buttons and the confirm button (X, usually) at the same time for the impact.

You may need to unlock the ability to use this by completing Rank 5, not sure. That's when I was told about it.

When you execute it correctly, it makes a different confirm tone and there will be a purple dot on the meter below your club, instead of a blue dot for a "Super Spin" shot, or red dot for a regular spin shot.

Seems to spin back about twice as far on a backspin, with a purple trail instead of blue. Neat.

So is the PI stuff as game breaking as some people were making it out to be?

The videos I've seen and the explanations I've read make it sound like there's still a hair of RNG associated with PI.

Also, how bad is the P2W stuff? I want to pick this game up because I love golf games, but I don't want to feel like my skill will play zero role in my success...
It's probably never going to affect you unless you are really pushing your clubs. Even then, I can't say it's been an issue for me. If you're holding a ruler up to your tv, like some here seem to be doing, and are treating the game like a math test instead of a round of golf, you might notice some inconsistency. It isn't even close to game breaking, especially considering you will almost always be one-putting and how common chip ins are

RS4-

Hit Rank 3, finally cart and new course. However the girl said something changed in my Home area, can't spot it. Someone let me know what it is?

There's a girl wearing red, I think a cheerleader outfit, she's in the area that has the shop/tournament/vs stand. She's just a caddie.

Heel

Nice shot!

...Is it possible to turn the music off in this game? Because that was pretty bad :eek:

Haha, I'm pretty sure that song only plays for the replay system. You unlock the ability to record any hole at Rank 6 if you take a quiz.

EDIT: Yep, there's a music slider that turns it off for gameplay and replays.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
No. It might cost you a stroke a round on the tough courses.

Also the P2W stuff really isn't that bad. It's there as a shortcut, sure, but if you planned on fully completing or platting the game then you'll have the best clubs by the end anyway.

If it helps anyone, here's some gem locations from today.

Eagle out - 7
Eagle in - 17

Alpina out - 9
Alpina in - 10

Green out - 8
Green in - 18

Oh damn, you can collect things from all the courses? I was only checking the bonus course..

Heel

Has anyone found a reason to deviate from the standard ball yet? I don't care for any of the other variations

The balls for improved shots from the sand or rough have no drawbacks, as far as I can tell. Just have to pick which you're more likely to run into on that particular course.

The balls for improved shots from the sand or rough have no drawbacks, as far as I can tell. Just have to pick which you're more likely to run into on that particular course.
I never tried them. How do you switch between them once you're out on the course?

Top Bottom