• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everybody's Golf |OT| We'll miss you Hot Shots Golf

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Lead all the way, then a bloody +7 on the 8th hole at alpine forest. Stupid steep slopes, every shot going into the water.

Poppyseed

Pro tip: If you're about to tee off and wish you'd moved your person to a different location, you can press L3 to move your character elsewhere.

hort22

at work now so cant check but does anywhere in the data section tell how many total holes i've played? also does it show FIR and GIR and perfect impact for each course and or total anywhere or just my last 100 holes averaged out?

RodzTF

at work now so cant check but does anywhere in the data section tell how many total holes i've played? also does it show FIR and GIR and perfect impact for each course and or total anywhere or just my last 100 holes averaged out?

Data > Stats

I'm currently sitting at 720 holes with 37.9% perfect impact

Auctopus

What on earth possessed the developed to have auto-impact on the last VS from Rank 1?

She keeps getting perfect shots whereas my guy unsurprisingly shanks every shot. This is the opposite of fun.

Edit: STOP SHANKING

mrklaw

MrArseFace
What on earth possessed the developed to have auto-impact on the last VS from Rank 1?

She keeps getting perfect shots whereas my guy unsurprisingly shanks every shot. This is the opposite of fun.

Strange I had almost no issues. She plays badly anyway so you should still be able to win.

There is a match later where you have to take each shit within 15 seconds or get a penalty stroke. That was a bit annoying.

RodzTF

It's really bizarre as that modifier never appears again. Why have it at all when it's down to total chance?

Ulong

Does the special club type you pick at the start effect every club or just the woods (which have their colour changed when you pick special clubs)

Also what does the beginner ball really do? It says it makes impact easier but it feels the same speed and the success zones are the same too.

RiverKwai

Lead all the way, then a bloody +7 on the 8th hole at alpine forest. Stupid steep slopes, every shot going into the water.

I do this all the time too. If I hit a drive into the water, or out of bounds... there's a 75% chance my next shot gets shanked. Third shot is like 50%. Next thing I know, I finish the whole +9. I guess I get shook. :)

Have to say the VS AI players don't seem to scale very well all of them were super easy up to and past that English guy in the oldie world golf outfit
and then I got the muscle guy whose skill is power and he started hitting eagles, and even a hole in one, so my first VS match loss was him, at rank 6.

Auctopus

Strange I had almost no issues. She plays badly anyway so you should still be able to win.

There is a match later where you have to take each shit within 15 seconds or get a penalty stroke. That was a bit annoying.

It's really bizarre as that modifier never appears again. Why have it at all when it's down to total chance?

jfc I did that by the skin of my teeth on the last hole.

It just be RNG because that felt borderline broken. 90% shots I took were shanked and she just hit perfect shots. What an awful idea for a VS.

Sweating more than Orphan of Kos.

Rflagg

Yeah this shit stressed me the fuck out. I still ended up winning by a called match, but still hated it.

I still really enjoy this game, but find that I need to take breaks sooner do to some of the course and slightly out of the pink zone b.s. that goes on post rank 4.

Can someone elaborate on the post-game gems and microtransactions? The whole just seems... Slimy. And I don't want it to be. I want to love this game.

hort22

Data > Stats

I'm currently sitting at 720 holes with 37.9% perfect impact

ah thanks
351 holes
42.1% although that is still only last 100 hole average I guess.
kind of miss the old games where individual courses had their own stats...this one just has score and point records.

Can someone elaborate on the post-game gems and microtransactions? The whole just seems... Slimy. And I don't want it to be. I want to love this game.

It's really not that bad. You can pick up 1-3 on each 9hole course everyday and you win them for doing the special rank tournaments.

Heel

Okay yeah, now I understand what all this Secret VS. Revenge weirdness is all about at Rank 7.

I was going to lose to one after they knocked in a hole-in-one, so closed the app. Came back and they're still listed as "Today's Special Rank Revenge" but they're not on the stage to challenge.

Hopefully it sorts itself out?

Heel

Nabbed this from a Japanese player on Open Course.

ontBRpml.jpg

Too bad you're not allowed to edit them after copying.

Get'sMad

I know this has always been a niche series but I do wonder how well it's doing outside of Japan

like 95% of the people I see online are Japanese players.

I love this game but it's annoying how long it's taking to level up. I'm dominating every tournament and boss and the progression still feels too slow.

Is there anyway to do a 1v1 online game with someone?

Here's a demo of the perfect impact issue. Let me copy/paste my video description:

Here's a demonstration of the Perfect Impact issue some players are having with Everybody's Golf on the PS4. Aplogies for the terrible colours, I recorded in HDR by mistake but still want to show this issue despite the poor quality.

Here, you can see that I aim to the left of the pin to account for the wind. I get a perfect impact which should send the ball on a target line directly where I aimed before the wind catches it.

Instead, it heads directly at the flag (or perhaps a little right of it) and then the wind takes it further right.

The reason? Check out the club in the bottom left hand corner of the UI which appears at impact and then when the ball is finishing rolling. You can see the red dot on the clubface showing that my avatar did not hit the ball anywhere near the sweet spot, and in fact hit it in a spot where you expect exactly what happened to happen - for it to go shooting off to the right.

This is evidence that this isn't a placebo effect - it's actually happening due to an RNG system. For a 7-iron the difference in landing spots isn't huge, but could be the difference between a birdie or par. For a Driver or 3-wood, this could send a shot into the woods or even out of bounds. For a lot of people this is really spoiling the game.
Okay so I'm not crazy. This is driving me up a wall.

I love this game but it's annoying how long it's taking to level up. I'm dominating every tournament and boss and the progression still feels too slow.

Have you got serious mode (square on the tournament selection screen) on?
I missed that for the first couple of ranks, and while it's still grindy it cuts it down a chunk.

N° 2048

FRom Redit user randomacct924

"For now, there is a pattern to what holes get the gems/coins/items on the open courses. All you need to do is go to Eagle OUT and find it there. Once you know that you can figure out where it will be on each other course. With this you should get enough gems for a full set of custom clubs in 4 days just from the free ones not even including any you get from playing tournaments. The reason is there are 2 gems icons on each hole that has items and there is a chance the the icon will give 2 gems
If you just add 10 holes to where it is on the Eagle OUT that is where it will be on the IN. If you add 2 holes that is where it will be on the next (Alpine) OUT. You then add 10 to that OUT to get the Alpine in.
For example today on Eagle OUT the items are on hole 6. That means on Eagle IN they are on hole 16. (6+10)
For Alpine OUT you the add 2 to hole 6 and the items are on hole 8. Add 10 to the 8 to get 18 for the Alpine IN.
For the Beach OUT you add 2 to the 8 from Alpine and get 1. OK this I will explain. If you add 2 to 8 you obviously get 10 but since there is only 9 holes on OUT it rolls over to 1. Add 10 to Beach OUT and the items are on hole 11 for Beach IN.
Going from there the items on the rest are Vortex OUT - 3 Vortex IN- 13
Imperial OUT - 5 Imperial IN - 15
Green OUT -7 Green IN - 17
I don't have Balata yet to verify but I would get they are on Balata OUT - 9 Balata IN - 10 (9+10 is 19 but again rolls over to 10 since 18 is max hole)"

Can someone make a website or, probably easier, an Excel file/Google Doc that calculates the locations? This would be super helpful for when I eventually get the game!

Have you got serious mode (square on the tournament selection screen) on?
I missed that for the first couple of ranks, and while it's still grindy it cuts it down a chunk.
With serious mode, I didn't really feel much of a grind at all. I might hit the grind now (just hit rank 6) as I saw the xp is a bit more to get a versus match than the previous ranks.

FRom Redit user randomacct924
What the heck, how did that person find that out? lol

Top Bottom