• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everybody's Golf |OT| We'll miss you Hot Shots Golf

sphinx

the piano man
how can I stop my character from dancing (like swinging from one side to the other with the rhythm)? It's so annoying,

RodzTF

ah thanks
351 holes
42.1% although that is still only last 100 hole average I guess.
kind of miss the old games where individual courses had their own stats...this one just has score and point records.

They do, just scroll along to course stats/info on the same page

how can I stop my character from dancing (like swinging from one side to the other with the rhythm)? It's so annoying,

Don't choose "comedian" as your character

RodzTF

I mean when it goes idle or when I am talking to other NPCs, instead of just standing it moves the rhythm, I don't mean after a hole.

but will try and see if it fixes it

Yeah it's because he's a comedian. Set to anything else like breezy and it won't do it

Ostinatto

Wait isn't that the point though? You recycle, upgrade and end up with a better club in theory

Don't know man, my club is 0/10 now.

--

21414681_10159269094390402_4863125674630713046_o.jpg

Sorry, but I disagree... The whole thing that make Minna interesting to me is the risk/reward balance. Using a stronger club mean a narrower sweat spot, but I expect the penalty linked to how far you are from the aim (it can perfectly be random, but the variance should be proportional to (distance to sweet spot / width of sweet spot))

I really think you shouldn't get a penalty for a perfect impact. Never. That's a deal breaker to me because it would simply kill the fun, and I've played far too many hundreds of hours in various Minna no Golf...

If you play casually, it's fine, but if you play to improve your score, you should be responsible for errors, not under the threat of RNG.

Edit: just to be clear, I don't care if you can't advance fast and there's grinding involved. All Minna no Golf are grind-fest. The only think that annoys me is how the game is enjoyable in the (very) long run. As far as I can tell, it isn't.

Me too. I think this Everybody's Golf is great if you play casually or don't care about your score versus other people or even the best that you can achieve, but there's always been an element of grinding involved in levelling up players or clubs that makes getting into a game and being at your best a time-consuming endeavour for the wrong reasons, and it seems like it's even worse here.

Levelling up clubs and your character and having all kinds of experience metres isn't really a good thing. Past a certain point they stop being designed to help the player learn at the right rate and instead are there to make the player keep playing long past learning anything new.

TFGB

I'm just waiting for the Alpina In course to have a Normal Hole on the Open Course so I can start going for the Condor. My 1W is hitting 382 Yards, so the length is there, just need the luck now! :/

R0G8HUy.jpg

Ostinatto

I'm just waiting for the Alpina In course to have a Normal Hole on the Open Course so I can start going for the Condor. My 1W is hitting 382 Yards, so the length is there, just need the luck now! :/

R0G8HUy.jpg

Can you do it without jumping over that house?

TFGB

Can you do it without jumping over that house?

I had a couple of quick practices lowering the power and using sidespin and it could get on the green without hitting the house or needing to bounce on the water. If I used full power it would overshoot and end up getting about a 430 yard drive lol.

I'm not going to attempt it now until the hole is Official, as knowing my luck I'll get a Condor while it's bloody unofficial! XD

Pro tip: If you're about to tee off and wish you'd moved your person to a different location, you can press L3 to move your character elsewhere.

You can do this at any time. If you see a prize/coin in the bushes along the fairway while on a shot, press L3 and run over to grab it.

Glas

It's been 15 minutes and im stuck in the Select open course screen after confirmation.

What's going on?

Can't enter Kanaloa Beach Golf In

hort22

They do, just scroll along to course stats/info on the same page

yah sorry i meant more in depth stuff like the older games would show fairways and greens in reg and also putts from certain distances for each course and that sort of thing...this game just shows my best score and total points for that round

njs15

Ok so I only have to hold up and down? Not click them at the exact right moment?

Just hold them to get super backspin.

Click at the exact right moment for "ultra" backspin, which is a little stronger.

You can do that with the other spins as well. I usually only go for ultra (topspin) off the tee for extra roll.

Gandalf

The RNG associated with each swing is really frustrating. I'll still play this for a long time as I platinumed the Vita one and plan to the same with this. My god it's annoying me though.

Is it still like that with high level characters and custom clubs?

Denzel

The RNG associated with each swing is really frustrating. I'll still play this for a long time as I platinumed the Vita one and plan to the same with this. My god it's annoying me though.

with wedges that have maxed/high control it happens rarely, irons with high control it happens quite frequently and with drivers it's almost every other swing

surrogate

I've come to the conclusion that there is a significant bug in the way the game is implementing the stats for local multiplayer. It is adding the stat improvements acquired during single player to the predefined stat levels of local multiplayer. On a new save, the distance for a 1W (Standard/Standard) is 280 yds on the High preset, which is exactly the same as what you get in single player with a fully leveled 1W (Std/Std). On my main save, the distance for a 1W (Std/Std) is now 380 yds on the High preset, an additional 100 yds over what a fully leveled 1W is in single player. In other words, any club that is level 25 power in your single player progress is equivalent to level 50 when playing LMP on the high preset.

Standard clubs/balls High preset - main save

ASctgpv.jpg

Standard clubs/balls High preset - new save

3EXiZHW.jpg

RodzTF

Kudos on platting the Vita game!

As a lover of plats I'll push myself for the PS4 one as I enjoy the game and series so much

Looks like it could be a lean platinum achievement rate due to the needing of 5 albatrosses and 3 condors (all official) but I'm sure they'll be achievable eventually

Haven't even got an ace yet..

Heel

So the leveling for custom clubs is a random stat boost?

I ended up with a level 11 driver that's rated at 352 yards, 362 with power. That's with all levels on power.

What's everyone else's looking like?

Heel

I've come to the conclusion that there is a significant bug in the way the game is implementing the stats for local multiplayer. It is adding the stat improvements acquired during single player to the predefined stat levels of local multiplayer. On a new save, the distance for a 1W (Standard/Standard) is 280 yds on the High preset, which is exactly the same as what you get in single player with a fully leveled 1W (Std/Std). On my main save, the distance for a 1W (Std/Std) is now 380 yds on the High preset, an additional 100 yds over what a fully leveled 1W is in single player. In other words, any club that is level 25 power in your single player progress is equivalent to level 50 when playing LMP on the high preset.

This kind of speaks to a criticism I have for this game. I want to be able to compete against friends online on a level playing field with clubs / stats, having it all come down to the shots. Same goes for having tournaments against all players with pre-defined clubs / stats.

Was this an option in the older games?

Got any vids of how it has been frustrating ? I really haven't experienced this unfair rng and no one has posted any good vids.

surrogate

This kind of speaks to a criticism I have for this game. I want to be able to compete against friends online on a level playing field with clubs / stats, having it all come down to the shots. Same goes for having tournaments against all players with pre-defined clubs / stats.

Was this an option in the older games?

There was a money grab in World Invitational with the level 5 and 6 clubs that could only be purchased, but as long as everyone had the dlc clubs they would be on equal ground. There weren't any stat increases for individual clubs that you had to grind for, and once you bought them that was it, no repairing/recycling nonsense.

Until they fix the extra 100 yards issue in local multiplayer, the game is useless to me. If you play at a friend's house, all the club distances and stats are going to be different depending on how far they have progress their single player game.

moogrose

Base.com has yet to deliver my copy (to the Netherlands). Guess I'll have to wait the 20 days before claiming it lost... It's hard waiting seeing the impressions here though. Ugh.

w0s

Is the performance on the slim vs the pro really as bad as I'm noticing at home or is my slim just acting weird? Especially the ball meter being jittery.

njs15

So the leveling for custom clubs is a random stat boost?

I ended up with a level 11 driver that's rated at 352 yards, 362 with power. That's with all levels on power.

What's everyone else's looking like?

There's also an npc in the center of home that tells you there's a guy by the beach who will add another upgrade, not sure how much distance it's good for

Based on my progression i'll only match big air after 8 upgrades, and end up with about 12 yards extra with 11. Which is a lot worse than yours

Heel

There's also an npc in the center of home that tells you there's a guy by the beach who will add another upgrade, not sure how much distance it's good for

Based on my progression i'll only match big air after 8 upgrades, and end up with about 12 yards extra with 11. Which is a lot worse than yours

Yeah, did that and got to level 11.

Sometimes it went up 3 levels with one upgrade, so I assume it's a random roll.

Effnine

Got any vids of how it has been frustrating ? I really haven't experienced this unfair rng and no one has posted any good vids.

I'm rank four and don't know what this RNG people are talking about either. Sounds like they want everything to go perfectly straight every single time no matter what. It's a golf game, it plays like one. It's got to be a delicate balance because if it's too perfect every time then the game is way too easy (and it's already fairly easy)

I'm rank four and don't know what this RNG people are talking about either. Sounds like they want everything to go perfectly straight every single time no matter what. It's a golf game, it plays like one. It's got to be a delicate balance because if it's too perfect every time then the game is way too easy (and it's already fairly easy)
Yup, sometimes I wonder if the people complaining have played golf before.

Top Bottom