• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2013 Fighting game championship of the World July 12th - 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
how is that anywhere close to fair?

oh well luck of the draw means that some people play 2/3 and some play 3/5?

this is supposed to be the tournament, and they can't even get their stuff together.

insane.

Dahbomb

Can someone quickly explain to me why 2/3 is different to 3/5 with Marvel? Something about it being random?
It's the same as 3/5 rounds for Tekken, damage is high, games are over quickly and it takes a while to figure out someone's team in Marvel because there are a lot of gimmicks and strategies in a team. No way can you download someone in 2/3 sets especially in a game which has no rounds like say AE. Plus 3/5 does not even take that long.

3/5 was adopted as the standard for the game for a long time in majors. It was kinda backwards for EVO to adopt 3/5 pool play again this year. I know there are a lot of people playing the game but it's not like the game takes a long time to finish with 3/5.

MrDaravon

Can someone quickly explain to me why 2/3 is different to 3/5 with Marvel? Something about it being random?

Why did early players get screwed when they switch late?

3/5 is the standard for Marvel because the game is "random", but also because even 3/5 sets still run faster than most other fighting games. Given the speed of the game and the inherent comeback (x) factor it has, 3/5 was adopted as the standard.

Shito

Yeah, so, this 3/5 change in the middle of the pools is a pretty big fuck up for the integrity of the tournament.
Ok, it was probably created some upset here and there, but it's not like people predicted this when it was decided to play the pools 2/3.

Third set of marvel pools will be run on xbox
Hahaha.

It's the same as 3/5 rounds for Tekken, damage is high, games are over quickly and it takes a while to figure out someone's team in Marvel because there are a lot of gimmicks and strategies in a team. No way can you download someone in 2/3 sets especially in a game which has no rounds like say AE. Plus 3/5 does not even take that long.
Quoting because this is the proper understanding, not that the game is "random".

Septimius

Early players had less games to play and feel out their opponent.

But isn't that just a bit different of a game? One can't say the early players go screwed, I'd say? I get that it's a different game with 3/5, but it's not like they didn't deserve to win, those who know the early 2/3. It's a bit strange to change it during, but if it happened to me, I'd just have to think "I still lost".

AnFox

3/5 is the standard for Marvel because the game is "random", but also because even 3/5 sets still run faster than most other fighting games. Given the speed of the game and the inherent comeback (x) factor it has, 3/5 was adopted as the standard.

ugkrutF.gif

Septimius

OK, definitely if 3/5, I understand that some players have approaches that is tailored to that standard length. It's mean to mess up that rhythm, especially if later gamers don't have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom