• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2013 Fighting game championship of the World July 12th - 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this dividers/curtains thing for KOF players a new thing? Anybody know?

EDIT: Scratch that, I'm an idiot - they did have dividers in the later part of last year's tourney. And other tourneys would have a bit more space between the players, or use a double cab if it were played on an arcade board.

SlimXx

trngls.jpg

Hahahaha, dude, throws would sometimes devolve into actual fist fights in my neighborhood! I actually went at it with my brother once because he was pissed I kept throwing him in SC2 lol. Man, good times. He totally kicked my ass by the way.

Blocking was such a revelation when I understood how important it really was! It was weird. All of sudden I could finally beat my friends. It sounds so dumb, but welp haha. I always try to stress to my friends now how important proper blocking really is.

I know that feeling. I'm definitely not amazing, but I'm a lot more content with the way I play now than I was before. And I just have a lot more fun with genre in general now.

In my neighborhood it was crouching attacks. When Championship Edition came out I abused the heck out of Bison's sweep. It drove so many people crazy. Same thing when Children of the Atom came out and you could otg. They'd flip out; "don't attack me when I'm down! That's cheap!"

ad_idem

EDIT: Scratch that, I'm an idiot - they did have dividers in the later part of last year's tourney. And other tourneys would have a bit more space between the players, or use a double cab if it were played on an arcade board.

Yeah the infamous T-shirt divider of last year did a make shift job for the Korean KoF players.

Last year the Cafe Id guys believe that the KOF players listen or looked at your stick.

After the casual sets against Bala that's the conclusion the CafeID guys came to. At the very least it seemed to help them psychologically since MadKOF won. But yeah the arcade setups they are used to are usually head to head, so sitting right next to each other with no space or sense of personal space apparently was difficult to adjust to for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom