• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2013 Fighting game championship of the World July 12th - 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mini summary of why Chris G is the heel?

He complains that Evo is worthless because he doesn't make enough money from winning, calls the tournament organizer the f-bomb, blames other external forces like monitors or controllers or consoles for losing instead of himself.

tokido_risesv6sbt.gif

That was the old Tokido. New Tokido has a new style. (´・ω・`)

Shouta

Finally back in the room. SFxT finals were just a bit meh but much respect to Infiltration for insanely solid play and props to Justin for stepping up his play a bit more with proper tags and combos). Pools were WAY more interesting and hype like always though.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Not sure what I want more, Chris G to move further in the bracket or to see Unkn0wns pop off (provided he is dressed appropriately).

Finally back in the room. SFxT finals were just a bit meh but much respect to Infiltration for insanely solid play and props to Justin for stepping up his play a bit more with proper tags and combos). Pools were WAY more interesting and hype like always though.

Thank you for all the updates.....Enjoy your time in Vegas!!!

MrDaravon

Not sure what I want more, Chris G to move further in the bracket or to see Unkn0wns pop off (provided he is dressed appropriately).

I think Unknown's pop-off would be epic, but even though I don't really like the guy I don't want to see Chris G actually cry (again).

Awesome meeting you and RentalHamster today Shouta :D

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I think Unknown's pop-off would be epic, but even though I don't really like the guy I don't want to see Chris G actually cry (again).
Yeah. I think it'd be a shame if Chris G didn't even make Top 8. He really deserves it for the work he's put in this year. This is so his tournament to lose. Seeing him in losers already is a mindfuck in itself.

Chris will lose to himself, he sees himself as the good guy, when the good guy does everything in his power to save the people (win) but is still getting shitted on by the people because of some of his flaws (ignorance) it mentally breaks him.

That's how Triforce would put it lol

Mini summary of why Chris G is the heel?

As somebody who fucking loves how Chris G plays I'd like to say that he's heel because he can't speak publicly in any form. He always comes across as a self-absorbed egomaniac in interviews which certainly isn't the case when it comes to what he really thinks. He just needs a lot more experience with the community element and he'll come out good, I think his efforts with things like Salty Battles is a demonstration that he'd like to put the community over himself but he needs a little more experience before he can convey that after emotional losses.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Not even a little. He has been bitching about Evo for months. Its not like smarmy ass fchamp jabs and t bags...he is all serious about it.

Not really. I empathize. Shit gets to you.

I guarantee you that the people booing in the crowd are doing it because of his gameplay, not because of his attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom