• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2014 Fighting Game Tournament of the Year July 11th - 13th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Busaiku

Ultra Street Fighter IV
Likely - Infiltration
Want - Tokido

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Likely - Chris G
Want - Kane Blueriver

BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma
Likely - Galileo
Want - Pops

The King of Fighters XIII
Likely - Tokido
Want - Tokido

Unlucky

He's one to look out for for KoF
I also think Xian will do better than anyone expects in Marvel. Top 32 probably.

He mentioned on his stream he is switching characters in Ultra (didn't say who, don't think he's sure). But after EVO, there's just not enough time beforehand.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Reason #2 to not watch evo this year: ESTAMOS EN LA FINAL!!! VAMOOOOOOS CARAJO!

Trey

Justin's Smart Play (tm) to crawl through top 8 losers was a thing of beauty. So many clutch, intelligent plays. Then he drops everything in the Finals as Flocker Zeroes him out.

wait what happen to Zero? Did I miss something where wolverine is now better than zero because I don't see how overall.

As usual me & people in the know have noticed that the Wolverine vs. Zero match up has been evolving. It used to be in Zero's favor but Wolverine players have adapted to the match up & it has swung in Wolverines favor.

As such Wolverine now has winning match ups against almost all of the dominate points, Zero, Mags, & Nova. He also is very very strong against the big assist characters Dante, Doom, & Strange. He still loses to Vergil(if he's out) & Morrigan though & goes about even with FireBrand.

Pretty much Zero has dropped off a lot cause other point characters are going even or straight beating him while other characters continue to improve.

Zero Match Ups against the 5 major points are.

5/5 Magneto
5/5 Nova
5/5 FireBrand
4/6 Wolverine
3.5/6.5 Morrigan

Dahbomb

So who are these top players (and "people in the know") who actually think Wolverine beats Zero in the match up? Or top players who actually think Wolverine is a better overall point character than Zero?

Wolverine only beats Zero in the first 5 seconds (same as against every other character in the game) and then he starts losing against Zero.

Firebrand goes even with Zero? Yeah OK man. I wonder if Karsticles is reading this... he would probably go crazy reading all of this.

Shouta

God, LK is so good at killing hype finals -- this set was painful to watch. His Makoto (the one game he played her) looked about as bad as mine! D:

dat LK facepalm though. Spark has fluffy hair in that though. Looked trim when I saw him last week, lol

Mr. X

My predictions:

USF4 will see Ricky O, Jwong, PR Rog. Snake Eyes will be my favorite to watch, I want to see him get far. I don't know if Sako is coming. Xaio Hai, Xian, Gamerbee, Kazunoko, Daigo will be my other picks.

UMvC3 I just want to see Zero fuck shit up. I want to Zero/Dante teams. I also want to see Viper teams but that's asking for too much.

KoF 13 won't be as fun to watch without Reynald. Tokido and Xian are my favorites here.

Smash will be fun.

DGAF about the other 4 main games. Sonic Fox is gonna whoop ass at Injustice though.

Kazunoko will win the GGXXAC+R side tournament. Skullgirls side tournament is going to be exciting. Duckator, Jayford, Elky, Winnie, Keninblack, Sonic Fox, and Severin are who I expect to see tearing shit up.

Infinite

Ultra Street Fighter IV
Likely - Kazunoko, Fuudo, or Xiao Hai
Want - Eduardo Perez

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Likely - Chris G
Want - Chris G

BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma
Likely - Tsujikawa
Want - Lich!!!

The King of Fighters XIII
Likely - Tokido
Want - Romance

Killer Instinct
Likely - Rico Suave
Want - Rico Suave

Smash
Likely - Mango, Armada, PPMD
Want - THE MOON

Latif is ready...

10511308_10203316504885650_5686525081959563900_n.jpg

latif gettin big

IronLich

USF4
Likely - Daigo
Want - PR Rog

UMvC3
Likely - Filipino Champ
Want - RayRay

Tekken
Likely - NYCFab
Want - Bronson

KI
Likely - CDjr
Want - Maximilian
Not a chance in hell, but I want it.

Unlucky

USFIV
Likely: Kazunoko
Want: PR Rog or SnakeEyez

UMvC3
Likely: FChamp
Want: NYChrisG

KoF XIII
Likely: Tokido
Want: Tokido

KI
Likely: Justin Wong
Want: Maximilian

Melee
Likely: Armada
Want: HungryBox

ec0ec0

every time that i read another post about infiltration winning evo... i remember about infiltration in topanga world league... (maybe some of the people commenting didnt see it??)

I know that he is still doing really good in american tournaments and also that he has beaten some japanese players that went to those americans tournament (like wao not long ago and later he also beat momochi 6-1 in grand finals)

but is that enough!?

ec0ec0

^ BY2K

if you are rewatching top 8... wait for justin vs flocker (i am not going to say more, because i am not going to spoil it ;p)

Another funny thing about that top 8 is that a runback between ChrisG and FChamp almost happened, then
they both got eliminated the round before they would have met.

Edit: And since a lot of people were anticipating that runback, I think this image/caption combo sums it up great:

xZTr1dJ.jpg

SORRY BRAHS, MAYBE NEXT YEAR, HOLD THAT

Busaiku

Kazunoko will win the GGXXAC+R side tournament.
This is actually a pretty good year.
There's Kazunoko, N-Man, Dogura, RF, maybe some more that I can't think of.
Probably the highest level of competition in the US ever if they all enter.

kyo2004

2nd year watching EVO... :D

Looking for SSBM, KOFXIII, UMvC3 and USFIV... last year was freaking insane (The Wong Effect, Mango and Wobbles, all of KOFXIII finals)...

Another funny thing about that top 8 is that a runback between ChrisG and FChamp almost happened, then
they both got eliminated the round before they would have met.

Edit: And since a lot of people were anticipating that runback, I think this image/caption combo sums it up great:

Since last evo up until now, they've played around...6 times? 3 wins on each side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom