• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2014 Fighting Game Tournament of the Year July 11th - 13th

Status
Not open for further replies.

xCobalt

Man I'm feeling myself today in Ranked(waiting for BV to quote this with Choco face). Went 22-4 in the 26 matches I played. Started bad at 1-2 and finished 21-2 losing only to a Cammy that I beat 3-1 overall and a extremely laggy Blanka that went down to the wire when I teleported out of his Ultra and waited too long to punish.

To continue on with what I was saying about Cammy the other day. Went 5-1 overall against 3 different Cammy's who were all around my skill level. She may have gotten worse but she's still as terrifying as she was before minus the unblockables off back throw. I felt completely helpless trying to anti-air her or play footsies. Anytime you get anywhere near her, their is a good chance she's going to jump and do EX strike if she has meter. Simply knowing this isn't good enough to stop it as we all know. I tried to reaction DP and got hit before it could come out. Other times I tried to walk in low forward and the other guy jumped at the right time to hit me before I recovered from my cr. MK.

I know I'm not saying anything new, just want to vent my frustrations a bit. But I manage to beat her by playing lame as fuck in neutral and when I scored a hard knockdown I would run my ghetto vortex on her which actually is pretty effective as long as I time my jumps to stuff her DP(which I did successfully a few times) which scared them into not going for it. Aside from that I spent most rounds kind of terrified that I would get hit by mid screen drills or EX strike and die in a few combos. Thank goodness for this shitty teleport Evil Ryu has. It got me out of trouble several times. I guess they don't expect me to use it lol.

You still dodging me? Just kidding haha.

I dread the cammy matchup so much. EX strike isn't too bad but I get so frustrated when I get hit by a mid screen drill and lose from there.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Pretty sure Nintendo employee can't participate in the Melee tournament. Just like any employee cannot participate in a contest/competition that involves their employer.

That's why Combofiend can't play Marvel no more in majors... :(
This varies by employer. MikeZ enters Skullgirls tournaments.

You still dodging me? Just kidding haha.

I dread the cammy matchup so much. EX strike isn't too bad but I get so frustrated when I get hit by a mid screen drill and lose from there.

Nah, we just haven't caught each other on at the same time. I can't play as much as I want to. But I actually deleted that post because I thought I left Neogaf in the USF4 thread when it was really this one. I went and posted it in the other one though.

Just about to reach Vegas. If you're at the hotel and see some kid with a Rocket Raccoon BT shirt, a blue backpack and MadCatz fightstick bag and his dad, that's me.

BY2K

Membero Americo
BIONIC AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRMMM!!! (sorry marn ;p)

GxxsPSS.gif

I miss Combo. Best Nova, best Spencer, best Hawkeye. :(

Woot! I'm ready. Off from work this whole weekend, so gonna monster/warrior it up. SF is the game I'm mostly looking forward too, but I'm ready for the other games.

Dahbomb

Combo still hasn't given up on She Hulk, he still plays her in casuals on the team She Hulk/Spencer/Strange. He just can't play the game any more in tournaments because of his job. There have been many casuals where he played with She Hulk (and then had to switch to Nova to win).

I only have one. Like I said I'm cool to have casuals but nothing too late. I'll send out room number after I eat and get my badge.

Got your PM Vulva

BY2K

Membero Americo
How the hell am I 4th Top poster in a EVO thread...

I'm gonna drop a lot comes tomorrow. I'm at work during most of it. Should go back up during the week-end.

Decided to buy the subscription for the event (wanted to last year, had money issues).

Hyped for the finals during the weekend for sure. Chat should be amusing to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom