• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2015 IOT2I - The GODS have fallen - Final day July 19th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
They need to remake the rule that you can't borrow someone else equipment.
They equipment must belonged to them so no cheating can occur when finding a replacement stick.
This is a year in cheating I guess...Fucking Tom Brady and now this crap.

wait, do you actually think momochi did that intentionally?

what. I thought you were kidding, but what

he was on the GAME WINNING ROUND, he had the advantage and lost a round from the stick. I am going to be nice and kindly suggest if you truly believe this was intentional you are fucking mental.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Sigh. Here comes people not understanding the situation:

9b14aa9657.gif

This is the moment of the disconnection. Yes, Momochi had a slight life lead. However if you read what was currently happening, they are moving towards Momochi's corner. Gamerbee was bearing down on him with st.RH while Momochi is playing footsies and backing up not wanting to commit to anything crazy. It's probably at this point that Gamerbee is putting Momochi right where he wants him and boom disconnection. Add this on top of the fact that Gamerbee had to fight out of his mind in LOsers to get to this point and a disconnection? It completely fucked him who was already more exhausted and tired mentally from the long set with Infiltration. I wholeheartedly believe that Gamerbee was going to win. The people who like Momochi are just going to say that Gamerbee fucked himself after the disconnection and that it's his fault he didn't win.

What are you doing wasting your time on Gaf, Sherlock Holmes? You should be out there solving murders and shit.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
it concerns me how quickly this was put up

the whole thing is fishy, realllllllll fishy.
Way too fast, be careful

9b14aa9657.gif

This is the moment of the disconnection. Yes, Momochi had a slight life lead. However if you read what was currently happening, they are moving towards Momochi's corner. Gamerbee was bearing down on him with st.RH while Momochi is playing footsies and backing up not wanting to commit to anything crazy. It's probably at this point that Gamerbee is putting Momochi right where he wants him and boom disconnection. Add this on top of the fact that Gamerbee had to fight out of his mind in LOsers to get to this point and a disconnection? It completely fucked him who was already more exhausted and tired mentally from the long set with Infiltration. I wholeheartedly believe that Gamerbee was going to win. The people who like Momochi are just going to say that Gamerbee fucked himself after the disconnection and that it's his fault he didn't win.
Nice fan fiction

Conceited

mechaniphiliac

obviously you dont know neo and his shirts that fall apart after being washed 3 times.

not exactly the most stand up individual on the planet.

i don't buy it for a second, it's too convenient and it's a lot of money he's asking for and waaaaaaaayyyy too quickly.

edit: i'm not talking about the validity of the gofundme page, I'm talking about whether this stuff was actually stolen or not.

Please, there was literally no point in arguing for 5mins over pausing in a middle of the match with the ref.
But he did it either way and made the ref explained it to both players...
Should have said I need a new controller instead of watching this rule being explained by everyone else for the 100s times already.

I think you're a little out of your element here

Owensboro

Hahahaha. What in the holy hell is everyone arguing about? In the end, the rules were ENFORCED properly (players don't have a say), the guy who played the best match won the tourney, and we all got to watch some of the best damn Loser's Finals and Finals in Street Fighter history. Not only that, we all witnessed a crazy memorable ending that was almost Rocky-like. It was bittersweet, but in an amazing way.

In the end, all of us won.

Except Neo.

Yep, pretty much this, but people will act like he got robbed and say it over and over again and also think Momochi paused when it was a stick deactivating.

Sucks that it happened though, for both of them.

Evo 2014 - 7th place
Topanga League 4 - 2nd place (lost close set to Daigo the winner, amazing set)
Capcom Cup Winner
Shadowloo Showdown winner
SXSW winner
Final Round 2nd place (to xian)
Topanga World League 2nd place (destroyed the winner Daigo in their set)
Stunfest 2nd place (to daigo, amazing grand finals)
Evo 2015 champ

Momochi da gawd, what a year he has had.
tks man, this thread is actually getting me a little annoyed tbh. Momochi's Ken was so clutch this entire time, he just switched up to E.Ryu because Adon's standing RH was giving him so many problems. Off low forward E.Ryu damage simply crushes Ken's, and that's all you get in those matches with Adon. But, he also clutched out a win with Elena, a bunch of comebacks in previous rounds, and was the one of the verge of WINNING here at the time of the unfortunate disconnect.

I feel for Gamerbee, he's been close too many times to not be an official champion. But no, If I'm looking at who looks like there about to take, it was hands down Mochi. He had the game the previous round and either didn't realize he had meter to close out his low forward FB combo or got the jitters.

Please, there was literally no point in arguing for 5mins over pausing in a middle of the match with the ref.
But he did it either way and made the ref explained it to both players...
Should have said I need a new controller instead of watching this rule being explained by everyone else for the 100s times already.

he's japanese and his english is probably not that good. But you sound pretty tin-foil hat stupid so keep on going.

Momochi is a better player than gamerbee, he doesn't need to resort to stupid shit. Even if gamerbee won evo, momochi is still a better player considering their records

K.Sabot

Let's not go in on the Razer twitter account please, it's probably a community manager who is very intimidated and confused right now as to what he/she should do.

Westlo

SFIV is still going to be a top 3, at worst 4 entrant game next Evo. Only SFV and Melee will probably beat it assuming Smash WiiU drops off.

It just won't headline Evo again unless SFV has a reception like SFxTK's.....

dmr87

They equipment must belonged to them so no cheating can occur when finding a replacement stick.

I think you should go lie down a bit.

GamerBee was the one that deserved to win. The way things went down... man, I wish it was different.

You know Momochi practically gave away the 4th game of the 2nd set. When Adon was low on health Momochi landed low forward > fireball twice with meter for FADC and somehow didn't confirm each time. That's when Gamerbee made his 2nd red focus comeback. Besides losing in that fashion and having the stick malfunction(which caused him to give away a round for free), you have to give him a lot of credit for coming back from this without being mentally guard broken.

Amedo310

"While enjoying the moment at top 8 pricing ceremony Neo left unattended his bag to take pictures with the fans. Somebody was looking to stole his backpack with his earnings from the items he sold during Evo. This money was for giving a gift to his mother, please if you find it in you help Neo recover a bit of what was stolen from him."

I thought Noel & Justin said it was for school? Now it's for his mom? Also this paragraph is damn near unreadable. And the guy who put it up isn't Neo.

So maybe don't donate to this just yet.

https://twitter.com/GoldenBoyNeo/status/622968552778104833

9b14aa9657.gif

thanks for the laugh

Lothars

You keep coming up with these clueless posts, it's really bad. You have no clue what your talking about and I have no clue why you keep posting the useless shit that you do.

Kolx

This malfunction hurt Momochi basically. He was forced to lose a round that could've been the winning round for him since he had more health and was pushed to a final round to determine the winner so the advantage he had with winning the first round was gone and he had to fight with another joystick even tho it wasn't his fault.

Gamerbee was really amazing today but l'm glad Momochi took it in the end.He lost a critical round due to a malfunction which wasn't his fault.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
"While enjoying the moment at top 8 pricing ceremony Neo left unattended his bag to take pictures with the fans. Somebody was looking to stole his backpack with his earnings from the items he sold during Evo. This money was for giving a gift to his mother, please if you find it in you help Neo recover a bit of what was stolen from him."

I thought Noel & Justin said it was for school? Now it's for his mom? Also this paragraph is damn near unreadable. And the guy who put it up isn't Neo.

edit: Justin's already linking to it and people putting up $50 a shot. Jesus. Like, wait a fuckin' second first.
Yeah this is kind of uncomfortably timed.

And I have never really trusted Neo in the first place. Although this is probably an inappropriate time to mention that if true, but it influences my feelings.

I-hate-u

obviously you dont know neo and his shirts that fall apart after being washed 3 times.

not exactly the most stand up individual on the planet.

i don't buy it for a second, it's too convenient and it's a lot of money he's asking for and waaaaaaaayyyy too quickly.

edit: i'm not talking about the validity of the gofundme page, I'm talking about whether this stuff was actually stolen or not.

Sure. I just don't want to insult the integrity of people. That's all.

Wallach

They're practically mid-screen, with Gamerbee down on life, with only a very tiny meter advantage in Gamerbee's favor even though he got bodied in the previous round. There is basically nothing here that suggests there was any momentum going in Gamerbee's favor at this moment. Not that it really matters in terms of how the outcome actually played out. The disconnection was absolutely not in either player's favor. Nobody who understands what they were looking at believes that.

ShinMaruku

Some of the posts here make me wonder if these people have ever end played a fighting game

Some probably havenn't and I would not blame them. :p

Now I think the next FGW should have something about the US will never win sf4 at Evo. :p
I want that crushing feeling to set in.

Sigh. Here comes people not undeding the situation:

9b14aa9657.gif

Idk if Gamerbee would win...but I wish the last 5 minutes didnt happen at all the way they did.

My highlight is still Ogawas blowup on xrd lol
Links?

http://gifs.gifme.io/i/9b14aa9657.gif

So your definition of "understanding the situation" is that your personal feelings told you that Gamerbee was going to win. Despite Momochi having the life lead, but more importantly already having won the first round on his own skill.

Watch every round Momochi won. I will bet my GAF account that some of the time was spent "moving toward Momochi's corner" and he still pulls the win out. What happened in those rounds, hm?

Now for some madlibs:

"The people who like Gamerbee are just going to say that Momochi etc. etc."

And this is fucking stupid because I LOVE both players. But Gamerbee was not robbed, and Momochi deserved that win.

Why was James tearing up at the end? I tuned out for a bit there.

Aside from commentating the match, which was a roller coaster, James Chen is good friends with Gamerbee.

Gamerbee has been on the UltraChen show a bunch of of times. James knows how hard this dude works and he really wanted to see him win.

It was especially emotional for James, having watched Bruce (aka GamerBee) play out of his mind, beating his demons (Tokido, Daigo), and come up short in the end.

Owensboro

nikos

edit: Justin's already linking to it and people putting up $50 a shot. Jesus. Like, wait a fuckin' second first.

Imagine it was set up by the people who stole his stuff in the first place.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Yeah, don't touch that gofundme yet, wait for more clarification on who that even is before funneling money his way.

You really have no idea how adrenaline and a competitive mindset works, do you?

It works both ways when you are the one up a round in the final game.

The thing fucked them both over.

hutna

The USF4 finals are proof for why we need tournament game builds and standardized gamepads/sticks for events with this much money and notoriety on the line. Why are we playing on consumer consoles with achievements flashing and stick malfunctions? With that much money and fame on the line who would put up with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom