• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2015 IOT2I - The GODS have fallen - Final day July 19th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azure J

So yeah, this was free and easily the best EVO from what I watched. I'm going to go back and check out the Xrd stuff now, but good lord was the Melee-Marvel-Ultra block insanity. Everything needs to comeback next year and they need to bring BB and KoF along just to fully and totally be FGC Christmas.

wait, do you actually think momochi did that intentionally?

what. I thought you were kidding, but what

he was on the GAME WINNING ROUND, he had the advantage and lost a round from the stick. I am going to be nice and kindly suggest if you truly believe this was intentional you are fucking mental.

Papercuts pls, check the facts.

1. Evo growing year over year in entrants and stream viewership
2. Daigo clearly in the downswing of his career
3. The sport needs a new lighting rod
4. SF5 releasing next year, mad sponsorships in play.
5. Everybody has a price

This was an orchestrated move to generate buzz. Momochi is the villain we deserve, Gamerbee is the fan favorite who got screwed, SFV comin'.

#HeelTurn

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Ah, okay. So that checks out at least.

But who's the dude running this gofundme? Are we certain this money's gonna go to Neo? Why did Justin & Noel say the money was going somewhere else than wherever it was Neo said it was going in that tweet?

The whole thing is just weird.

It's basically like this: you have to trust him that he got stolen.

Sheroking

I think I would have preferred it if they allowed them to restart the match, "struck" away Momochi's round instead of giving Bee a round.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Strawpoll on art's stream.

2015-07-2007_12_15-stxrj71.png

Sigh. Here comes people not understanding the situation:

9b14aa9657.gif

This is the moment of the disconnection. Yes, Momochi had a slight life lead. However if you read what was currently happening, they are moving towards Momochi's corner. Gamerbee was bearing down on him with st.RH while Momochi is playing footsies and backing up not wanting to commit to anything crazy. It's probably at this point that Gamerbee is putting Momochi right where he wants him and boom disconnection. Add this on top of the fact that Gamerbee had to fight out of his mind in LOsers to get to this point and a disconnection? It completely fucked him who was already more exhausted and tired mentally from the long set with Infiltration. I wholeheartedly believe that Gamerbee was going to win. The people who like Momochi are just going to say that Gamerbee fucked himself after the disconnection and that it's his fault he didn't win.

the real question is

can footsies melt steel beams?

Westlo

9b14aa9657.gif

This is the moment of the disconnection. Yes, Momochi had a slight life lead. However if you read what was currently happening, they are moving towards Momochi's corner. Gamerbee was bearing down on him with st.RH while Momochi is playing footsies and backing up not wanting to commit to anything crazy. It's probably at this point that Gamerbee is putting Momochi right where he wants him and boom disconnection. Add this on top of the fact that Gamerbee had to fight out of his mind in LOsers to get to this point and a disconnection? It completely fucked him who was already more exhausted and tired mentally from the long set with Infiltration. I wholeheartedly believe that Gamerbee was going to win. The people who like Momochi are just going to say that Gamerbee fucked himself after the disconnection and that it's his fault he didn't win.

See that red line? That's the middle, they moved to the left of it slightly. Lol @ acting like he was fucking cornered. Poor gamerbee for getting a free round, and if anyone was going to be mindfucked it was Momochi.

Completely choked the previous game when he had low forward fireball twice with 2 bars ready to blow to win the tournament, And than his stick fucked up when he was leading. Than it fucked up again when it was seconds away from the third round which would've cost him the tournament and he had to borrow a different stick.

Nah nah fuck that, it was gamerbee who was robbed.

You really have no idea how adrenaline and a competitive mindset works, do you?
You don't think being at tournament point with the life lead and all of the sudden your shit stops working and you have to forfeit a round would affect him more?

Yes it breaks both out of their flow but that affected both. But one lost a round without doing anything wrong and then had to refocus and play a round to decide it all

ironmang

You really have no idea how adrenaline and a competitive mindset works, do you?

You guys who think momochi was less mindfucked after forfeiting a round in the last game of the tournament then having to use an entirely different stick in the last round of the tournament... really need to get some sleep.

Zeranium

Ah, okay. So that checks out at least.

But who's the dude running this gofundme? Are we certain this money's gonna go to Neo? Why did Justin & Noel say the money was going somewhere else than wherever it was Neo said it was going in that tweet? How does anyone know how many cameras are anywhere in that hotel?

The whole thing is just weird.

Taekua tweeted out that he's running it
Sergio Cavazos
‏@taekua
I'm raising money for Neo's stolen stuff. Click to Donate:
https://twitter.com/taekua/status/622977031928594437

Imm0rt4l

9b14aa9657.gif

This post is delusional breh

Please, there was literally no point in arguing for 5mins over pausing in a middle of the match with the ref.
But he did it either way and made the ref explained it to both players...
Should have said I need a new controller instead of watching this rule being explained by everyone else for the 100s times already.
He didn't even know he needed a new controller at first. How the hell is his taking an L because a faulty piece of equipment and being explained the ruling unsportsmanlike? They were WAITING FOR IT TO TIME OUT WHEN HE REALIZED HIS STICK WAS FAULTY.then he asked for another stick and they both had a moment of reprieve. What would you have momochi do?! Give me a break.

It's basically like this: you have to trust him that he got stolen.

No, that's not what's weird, really. I'm more than willing to believe someone jacked his bag full of 6k and a medal (and his car keys). the problem isn't "trust him that he got stolen" or anything. It's all this other shit: People speaking for him on how he's gonna spend the money, people setting up gofundme's that aren't him, people sharing links to that gofundme without checking whether or not the person running the gofundme can even get the money to him (or even KNOW him) in the first place.

Okay, cool. Thanks.

16BitNova

So yeah, this was free and easily the best EVO from what I watched. I'm going to go back and check out the Xrd stuff now but good lord was the Melee-Marvel-Ultra block insanity. Everything needs to comeback next year and they need to bring BB and KoF along just to fully and totally be FGC Christmas.

For those who watched this, was it good?

Alucrid

Banned
You guys who think momochi was less mindfucked after forfeiting a round in the last game of the tournament then having to use an entirely different stick in the last round of the tournament... really need to get some sleep.
You think the guy who came up through losers and grinder down infiltration with Elena was less mind fucked

Oh wait arguing who was more mind fucked is stupid

iori9999

Banned
They need to remake the rule that you can't borrow someone else equipment.
They equipment must belonged to them so no cheating can occur when finding a replacement stick.
This is a year in cheating I guess...Fucking Tom Brady and now this crap.

Such a sad post..

You know Momochi practically gave away the 4th game of the 2nd set. When Adon was low on health Momochi landed low forward > fireball twice with meter for FADC and somehow didn't confirm each time. That's when Gamerbee made his 2nd red focus comeback. Besides losing in that fashion and having the stick malfunction(which caused him to give away a round for free), you have to give him a lot of credit for coming back from this without being mentally guard broken.
this guy gets it!

I was screaming at my monitor "Mochi you got 2 bars close it!!!!!"

But, I'm done pointing out the obvious now that at least one poster has echoed my sentiments. Great evo

Peace out GAf. can't wait to see all you guys in SF5.

PSN--Omnicloud/Omnistalgic

iori9999

Banned

9b14aa9657.gif

Whatever you believe with that tin foil hat chief..

9b14aa9657.gif

You did so much mental gymnastics coming up with this logic that if they held an Olympics for this shit, you would undoubtedly win the Gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom