• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2015 IOT2I - The GODS have fallen - Final day July 19th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I mean...why would you leave your bag unattended with THOUSANDS in it? It's stupid either way.

You know what? I completely agree, i wouldn't give this guy a single cent when he is this stupid.

I mean sure it sucks that someone stole his fight money (lol) but asking people now to donate is just a shitty thing to do.

Enk

makes good threads.
That might have been the greatest final 8 I have seen at EVO since I started watching all those years ago.

-Consistent "down to the last rounds"
-The Infiltration character switch ups in the Winners' Final.
-The EPICALLY long match between him and Gamerbee that lasted all the way down to the very last second.
-Gamerbee's comeuppance in the Grand Finals
-That Razor malfunction!

You could tell the look on Momochi's face that his victory didn't feel like the real victory he wanted. Sure he won fair and square at the end, but there will always be that lingering thought in the back of both their heads from that point forward of "Would the outcome have be the same IF"...

Truly an EVO for the history books and gaming tournaments in general.

Infinite

Sigh. Here comes people not understanding the situation:

9b14aa9657.gif

This is the moment of the disconnection. Yes, Momochi had a slight life lead. However if you read what was currently happening, they are moving towards Momochi's corner. Gamerbee was bearing down on him with st.RH while Momochi is playing footsies and backing up not wanting to commit to anything crazy. It's probably at this point that Gamerbee is putting Momochi right where he wants him and boom disconnection. Add this on top of the fact that Gamerbee had to fight out of his mind in LOsers to get to this point and a disconnection? It completely fucked him who was already more exhausted and tired mentally from the long set with Infiltration. I wholeheartedly believe that Gamerbee was going to win. The people who like Momochi are just going to say that Gamerbee fucked himself after the disconnection and that it's his fault he didn't win.
This is fucking embarrassing

ironmang

im so disappointed.

i was hoping for some usual twitter nonsense lol

Dog II ‏@DogInDoggyWorld 14m14 minutes ago
@Razer AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH ALMOST SCREWED MOMOCHI
NEVER EVER BUY RAZER LMAO

One of the responses in that deleted tweet. :p

Even on Gaf we have people this delusional about the whole thing?

The controller malfunction was not orchestrated and nobody benefited from it. It was an unfortunate accident. Personally, I think they should have replayed the whole last game, but either way, it is what it is.

All the top 8s were goddamned amazing. Every single one. Classic moments in all of them, and all-time moments in the majority of them.

Like, how many single pixel comebacks happened during Marvel? And this was the best Street Fighter IV Top 8 ever, period. Even with Razer's stick failing out at the LEAST opportune moment.

I wasn't really joking before: There's a 30 for 30 documentary waiting to be made out of this Sunday.

Like, I don't know who you get to narrate it, but the cut from Momochi's stick failing out, to the interior of a PR guy's office at Razer as they try to explain what happened on twitter, before cutting back to the match? COME ON. THIS SHIT EDITS ITSELF.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Even on Gaf we have people this delusional about the whole thing?

The controller malfunction was not orchestrated and nobody benefited from it. It was an unfortunate accident. Personally, I think they should have replayed the whole last game, but either way, it is what it is.

The biggest upset of 2015. Gamerbee may never get his groove back for another evo,

Lol I don't think its razer's fault... though the mindshare will not let them live it down.

Shit happens all the time to madcatz, razer, hori, hitbox ect. sticks being used but no one will remember that either at this point.

hwateber

You can really tell who watched evo for the first time and doesn't follow fighting games at all. That's fine and it's awesome to have new people, but really, take a step back and realize how dumb you might sound

ironmang

Lol I don't think its razer's fault... though the mindshare will not let them live it down.

Shit happens all the time to madcatz, razer, hori, hitbox ect. sticks being used but no one will remember that either at this point.

True. I just like to imagine that people from razer were sitting there like "here we go, he's up a round and about to win evo with our stick" when their world is flipped upside down.

Wallach

All the top 8s were goddamned amazing. Every single one. Classic moments in all of them, and all-time moments in the majority of them.

Like, how many single pixel comebacks happened during Marvel? And this was the best Street Fighter IV Top 8 ever, period. Even with Razer's stick failing out at the LEAST opportune moment.

I wasn't really joking before: There's a 30 for 30 documentary waiting to be made out of this Sunday.

Like, I don't know who you get to narrate it, but the cut from Momochi's stick failing out, to the interior of a PR guy's office at Razer as they try to explain what happened on twitter, before cutting back to the match? COME ON. THIS SHIT EDITS ITSELF.

Plus we have a real anime rematch coming the next time those two sit down next to each other.

MrPanic

I'm not into these conspiracies you guys are coming up with, but I will say that the incident messed up Gamerbee in a way more impactful way than it did Momo. That said, they were going into the final round so there's literally nothing they could've done about it, they followed the rules so it's fair anyway.

Some stricter rules about super meter and time to find a replacement could be nice though. Having to start out in the next match with approximately the meter you had during the failure in the middle of the match isn't a fair at all imo. That time to find a replacement took quite a bit as well, they should be having replacements ready on the main stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom