• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2015 IOT2I - The GODS have fallen - Final day July 19th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeteh

I don't own a stick but short of unplugging it how do people think Momochi instantly disconnected his stick? It paused and then the "please reconnect a controller" message popped up.

Or are people just being stupid? They're being stupid aren't they?

It is a real shame that it ended with that. They were such good finals.

Sigh. Here comes people not understanding the situation:

9b14aa9657.gif

This is the moment of the disconnection. Yes, Momochi had a slight life lead. However if you read what was currently happening, they are moving towards Momochi's corner. Gamerbee was bearing down on him with st.RH while Momochi is playing footsies and backing up not wanting to commit to anything crazy. It's probably at this point that Gamerbee is putting Momochi right where he wants him and boom disconnection. Add this on top of the fact that Gamerbee had to fight out of his mind in LOsers to get to this point and a disconnection? It completely fucked him who was already more exhausted and tired mentally from the long set with Infiltration. I wholeheartedly believe that Gamerbee was going to win. The people who like Momochi are just going to say that Gamerbee fucked himself after the disconnection and that it's his fault he didn't win.

I like you think you know exactly how the entire match was going to play out due to 11 seconds of one round, more specifically ~5 seconds of those 11.

The salty people who were rooting for GB are just going to say that GB lost exclusively because of the disconnect and no other reason. Like you're doing right now.

Nanashrew

Banned
I have the utmost respect for gamerbee and it's a shame that his hard work didn't pay off in the end, but after seeing the absolute worst character in SFIV in action during his fight against infiltration, I can't say I feel sad about the end result.

I wish Infiltration won EVO
Edit: Also this whole delusional "controller malfunction was a ruse!" shit is the worst.

It was amazing though! Those were some strong mind games that it was mentally exhausting for the both of them as Infiltration kept trying to find away around the healing and getting more aggressive. In the end GamerBeee won but only just barely and with Adon.

I think it has to be reiterated that we hit like 255k viewership. That's straight ridiculous.

Even though their was definitely some cross over, I would have never thought USF4 with this time slot would get close to this amount. I would love to know exactly how many individual viewers their actually was but regardless the number was incredibly impressive.

If I were to guess though I do think it was definitely over 250k. I really don't think 5,000+ non Japanese wandered into the Japanese stream.

TheRetroKid

Neo Member

9b14aa9657.gif

This is the moment of the disconnection. Yes, Momochi had a slight life lead. However if you read what was currently happening, they are moving towards Momochi's corner. Gamerbee was bearing down on him with st.RH while Momochi is playing footsies and backing up not wanting to commit to anything crazy. It's probably at this point that Gamerbee is putting Momochi right where he wants him and boom disconnection. Add this on top of the fact that Gamerbee had to fight out of his mind in LOsers to get to this point and a disconnection? It completely fucked him who was already more exhausted and tired mentally from the long set with Infiltration. I wholeheartedly believe that Gamerbee was going to win. The people who like Momochi are just going to say that Gamerbee fucked himself after the disconnection and that it's his fault he didn't win.

wow. it's crazy impressive you knew not only what each player was doing, but what they were thinking. I mean in terms of spacing, intent and who had a definitive advantage. i'm very impressed. i mean, i've played fighting games for damn near a decade, but i wasn't even close to reading what you were reading. very intuitive. very intuitive,

kappa

Westlo

SFV should be next year.

There is no way that SFIV is not coming back next year. You would think that in an Evo with two Smash games being #2 and #3 for entrants that people would realize there is room for SFIV and SFV.

And people liking SFV more than SFIV isn't exactly a lock. And it's not like Daigo, Momochi etc are going to not enter SFIV if they like SFV as well...

SFIV's level of play next Evo should be way higher than SFV too boot. An 8 year old game versus 5 months....

Jachaos

Loved Evo.

Catherine was hype as hell.

Persona 4 Arena, Smash Melee, Smash 4, SFIV, nothing disappointed me. Plup taking down Leffen with Samus was amazing. Also had fun watching other games and that Woshige moment is an instant classic.

Nanashrew

Banned
Wasn't that the guy who went to Apex this year and was helping them set up after all the shit that went down over there?

Yep! That was JC and he also worked on a beginners stream and made videos to teach those who wanted to learn about Smash Bros.

Sayad

9b14aa9657.gif

"Gamerbee is putting Momochi right where he wants him" with them standing in the middle of the stage at about the "start of the round" distance with Momochi ahead in both health and number of rounds won! lol

Both players were robbed off a fare final game, Gamerbee didn't have this in the bag because he was walking forward when the pause happened. >_<

I'm not into these conspiracies you guys are coming up with, but I will say that the incident messed up Gamerbee in a way more impactful way than it did Momo. That said, they were going into the final round so there's literally nothing they could've done about it, they followed the rules so it's fair anyway.

Some stricter rules about super meter and time to find a replacement could be nice though. Having to start out in the next match with approximately the meter you had during the failure in the middle of the match isn't a fair at all imo. That time to find a replacement took quite a bit as well, they should be having replacements ready on the main stage.

Momochi is lucky as fuck they had the timer run down. I've seen other tournaments where an incidental pause allows your opponent to kill you anyway he likes. Which would include building up your meter to max. If that had happened the round would've been over before Momochi's stick malfunctioned again and he went to replace it.

Could you imagine it malfunctioning again at the start of the third round? All hell would have broken loose. Just sucks all around how every thing went down, but something had to happen.

Unlucky

In defense of Razer
1) Momochi probably wore that stick out. He said he practices 13-14 hours a day.
2) That deleted tweet had hateful, profane, and racist replies. They can't control what other people tweet but they can keep it off their own tweet page, I would have done the same.

GamerJM

Banned
USF4> Melee > Xrd > Marvel > KI > MKX > Tekken, in terms of top 8s. Overall I'd switch Xrd and Marvel. maybe UF and Melee or MK and Tekken but I didn't watch non-top 8s for any of those but Melee.

Haven't watched Persona or Smash 4 GF yet (well I caught part of Persona's, I'd put it in between KI and MK from what I saw), gonna go into the archives for that.

Amazing EVO, I'm almost certainly going next year despite being kind of a scrub. USF4's top 8 was just unprecedented, there's nothing more to say. Sometimes FGC tournaments are so amazing that they feel surreal and that was one of those times.

KingBroly

Banned
There is no way that SFIV is not coming back next year. You would think that in an Evo with two Smash games being #2 and #3 for entrants that people would realize there is room for SFIV and SFV.

And people liking SFV more than SFIV isn't exactly a lock. And it's not like Daigo, Momochi etc are going to not enter SFIV if they like SFV as well...

SFIV's level of play next Evo should be way higher than SFV too boot. An 8 year old game versus 5 months....

They'll put SF4 on Saturday. If they put it on Sunday they'll go against why they didn't put Smash U on Sunday this year.

They need to expand to 4 days, though.

Westlo

5I5s8.png

Momochi going to go back into the lab for Ken vs Adon and defend da Cap Cup.

They'll put SF4 on Saturday. If they put it on Sunday they'll go against why they didn't put Smash U on Sunday this year.

They need to expand to 4 days, though.

Just some weak excuse not to have two smash games on the same day, this is SFIV the headliner of the last 7 evos, it will not be treated the same way.

You guys seriously think they'll have a 1500-2000 entrant SFIV on Sat and let Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR, Tekken 7, MK 10 or UMVC3 in finals day instead?

Wynnebeck

Banned
I'm not into these conspiracies you guys are coming up with, but I will say that the incident messed up Gamerbee in a way more impactful way than it did Momo. That said, they were going into the final round so there's literally nothing they could've done about it, they followed the rules so it's fair anyway.

Some stricter rules about super meter and time to find a replacement could be nice though. Having to start out in the next match with approximately the meter you had during the failure in the middle of the match isn't a fair at all imo. That time to find a replacement took quite a bit as well, they should be having replacements ready on the main stage.

This is all I'm saying. The pause messed up Gamerbee moreso than Momochi. You won't get people to admit that though. They replaced the stick, carried on, and Momochi won. Obviously the proper end, but heartbreaking nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom