• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2015 IOT2I - The GODS have fallen - Final day July 19th

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Twitch Salty Suite pretty boring Art confirmed they can't go ham like the Red Bull One.

ZZzzzzZzzzzzzzz Twitch the hype killers.

Hopefully it gets loose once people get some drinks in.

ultracal31

You don't get to bring friends.
CKVQufkXAAAknJq.png

"Baby, it's okay. I'm the people's champ."

"You're always my champ" ;_;

Tripon

Guys, stop with the conspiracy theory. No way would Momochi would intentionally pause to lose a round, and then blame the stick and his sponsers, Razer.

Razer has tons of blowback right now, and even Momochi, a player most people love would be shunned if it was proved he did it intentionally. The reality is that shit breaks down, and sometimes it breaks down in the worst possible times.

Imm0rt4l

wow. it's crazy impressive you knew not only what each player was doing, but what they were thinking. I mean in terms of spacing, intent and who had a definitive advantage. i'm very impressed. i mean, i've played fighting games for damn near a decade, but i wasn't even close to reading what you were reading. very intuitive. very intuitive,

kappa
Wynnebeck is the God of yomi

In defense of Razer
1) Momochi probably wore that stick out. He said he practices 13-14 hours a day.
2) That deleted tweet had hateful, profane, and racist replies. They can't control what other people tweet but they can keep it off their own tweet page, I would have done the same.

Yeah I don't get why people are quick to jump on razer for deleting a tweet that had a racist meme posted as a reply

M_A_C

In defense of Razer
1) Momochi probably wore that stick out. He said he practices 13-14 hours a day.
2) That deleted tweet had hateful, profane, and racist replies. They can't control what other people tweet but they can keep it off their own tweet page, I would have done the same.

Not that I have any interest in defending Razer, but that Xbox 360 looked about 10 years old too.

This right here is what's important. Forget the "what ifs" about the stick malfunctions and what could have been. The only reality we know for certain is what happened and Momochi is deservedly the 2015 EVO champ. The fact is, BOTH Gamerbee and Momochi probably needed to get their mental act together heading into the final round. Both are damn amazing players with nothing to be ashamed of in any way.

ZeroX03

Banned
In defense of Razer

It's a known issue that the cable supplied with the stick is a piece of shit and is prone to disconnects and dropping inputs. Shoddy Razer quality.

bonkeng

Is Momochi sponsored by Razer? Or it's just his personal choice to use the Atrox? I can't wait on what Momochi has to say to it.

Atrox stick failing at the Grand Finals of the biggest tournament is a massive failure for Razer.

Madcatz and Hori will benefit from this.

Josh5890

They'll put SF4 on Saturday. If they put it on Sunday they'll go against why they didn't put Smash U on Sunday this year.

They need to expand to 4 days, though.

With as big as Evo has become there is no reason not to do 4 days (yes I know logistics are involved but I'm sure it can be worked out). Have all the pools and Top 32 (ect) for Thursday and Friday and save all Top 8's for the weekend. Maybe they could do a second stream on Saturday to give more games the spotlight if possible.

Evo is growing faster than ever.

We're already friends from your massive turnaround on the Xenosaga series after seeing how godlike Xenosaga 3 is, but now we're better friends. So I come bearing gifts:

https://www.youtube.com/user/sakabato24/videos

I'm glad you still remember :D I've shilled that game on friends so hard since I've beaten it and i still listen to the godlike OST till this day.

And thanks. I actually missed the last few hours or so of the catherine tourney since I had to leave for work, so I found the archive and I'm gonna catch up on the rest of it tomorrow. But I'm gonna check this 3v3 out afterwards too.

Imm0rt4l

Is Momochi sponsored by Razer? Or it's just his personal choice to use the Atrox? I can't wait on what Momochi has to say to it.

Atrox stick failing at the Grand Finals of the biggest tournament is a massive failure for Razer.

Momochi is sponsored by EG

jbug617

Banned
I don't get why people are trying to take away from Momochi's win. It's not like Gamerbee was on set point, it was Momochi and he gave up a free round for that. Imagine if Momochi would of lost instead of Gamerbee.

Omega

Banned

He's sponsored by EG and Razer is one of their partners. They have to use Razer products

Razer sponsors eg. I don't know is Justin or Ricky use a razer stick though.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Anyone that has owned a Razer Atrox KNOWS how bad the connector and USB cable is on it. I have personally gone through 3. It is the biggest weakness of that stick and it sucks.

Razer getting blown up on twitter.

GG Madcatz and Hori wins.

Oh yeah Razer said they would never make products for Sony console last gen rofl. Not like anyone will buy a stick from them now for SFV for PS4. RIP

ironmang

This is all I'm saying. The pause messed up Gamerbee moreso than Momochi. You won't get people to admit that though. They replaced the stick, carried on, and Momochi won. Obviously the proper end, but heartbreaking nonetheless.

How did it mess up gamerbee? It got him a round and ended up with his opponent using an entirely new stick for the final round of the tournament. Just not getting where you're coming from.

I don't get why people are trying to take away from Momochi's win. It's not like Gamerbee was on set point, it was Momochi and he gave up a free round for that. Imagine if Momochi would of lost instead of Gamerbee.

If momochi lost it would've been anarchy lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom