• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2015 IOT2I - The GODS have fallen - Final day July 19th

Status
Not open for further replies.
p0aV1Hk.gif

kasane

Is Momochi sponsored by Razer? Or it's just his personal choice to use the Atrox? I can't wait on what Momochi has to say to it.

Atrox stick failing at the Grand Finals of the biggest tournament is a massive failure for Razer.

Madcatz and Hori will benefit from this.

EG is sponsored by razer

but i think they cut them off now for steelseries

M3z_

Whatever I have an Atrox and a TE 2, personally I like the Atrox. Sucks to have such a thing happen on a large stage, but it's not the first time there has been a bad stick or whatever.

ahdurian

How did it mess up gamerbee? It got him a round and ended up with his opponent using an entirely new stick for the final round of the tournament. Just not getting where you're coming from.

i think most people saying it messed up GB is because he was "on a rush" from going through Losers Finals, then making the reset happen and then bringing it to the climax

though GB was tired as hell, it probably did take some toll on him to take that long of a rest to find Momo a new stick

This is all I'm saying. The pause messed up Gamerbee moreso than Momochi. You won't get people to admit that though. They replaced the stick, carried on, and Momochi won. Obviously the proper end, but heartbreaking nonetheless.

Lol no, that's not "all you were saying". You were going off about how GB secretly had all the momentum and putting Momo "right where he wanted him", how you are "certain" GB would've taken both, and a bunch of utter nonsense.

Even after your backpedaling you still can't argue with any certainty that the pause affected one player more than the other. That's all your personal opinion coloring the situation.

Malleavel

Evo is first and foremost a tournament, not a convention, gathering, or expo.

It has not been and should not be a spectator event; it doesn't need 4 days.

ant1532

Banned
Hey I'm at work right now, can anyone please direct me to a link where I can watch the melee finals from today?? Would really appreciate it

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
This is all I'm saying. The pause messed up Gamerbee moreso than Momochi. You won't get people to admit that though. They replaced the stick, carried on, and Momochi won. Obviously the proper end, but heartbreaking nonetheless.

So you realized how insane you sounded and are now backpedaling?

And what's this about "proper end"? Just a bit ago you said Gamerbee was going to win because of his momentum.

So Momochi was using some stick they had in storage, I guess.

If it's a stick he's been using for awhile, then I can understand. Breaking in a new stick until it "feels right" isn't fun, though I'm sure Momochi is affected less than a filthy casual like myself.

Uh, he probably was using the one he's had for awhile more than anything. It probably just malfunctioned there because of overuse if anything.

iori9999

Banned
tbh madcatz sticks are okay. The best are qanba and hori.

I heard from people who tested that the mcz stick have the highest input lag by a decent margin.

Qanba sucks as well.. Hori is great but the new Kuro buttons stick on the PS4 versions.. The Sanwa buttons on the Hrap v3 SA are gdlk tho.. I actually prefer the new Hyabusa stick though..

LiK

It's the stick he used back then. Probably just comfortable with it now.

Uh, he probably was using the one he's had for awhile more than anything. It probably just malfunctioned there because of overuse if anything.

If it's a stick he's been using for awhile, then I can understand. Breaking in a new stick until it "feels right" isn't fun, though I'm sure Momochi won't is affected less than a filthy casual like myself.

Yea, I know. I was joking.

Considering he had to switch to another stick and won, that should count for something.

bonkeng

Momochi is sponsored by EG

He's sponsored by EG and Razer is one of their partners. They have to use Razer products

Razer sponsors eg. I don't know is Justin or Ricky use a razer stick though.

EG is sponsored by razer

but i think they cut them off now for steelseries

I see. So I guess not his choice then.

That's still very unfortunate the way it happened. We'll see if he will "stick" with Razer after this.

Qanba sucks as well.. Hori is great but the new Kuro buttons stick on the PS4 versions.. The Sanwa buttons on the Hrap v3 SA are gdlk tho.. I actually prefer the new Hyabusa stick though..
So stick with qanba and hori? Cool, I've never had an arcade stick so I'll look into those two

http://www.teyah.net/sticklag/results.html is the guide i used for input lag.

the kuro are fine for me, if they bother me i'll swap it out

Madcatz is fine overall. Its just not optimal. But their sticks are pricey at the moment. PS4 sticks go for about 200. I got my hori 4 for like 130?

Omega

Banned
I see. So I guess not his choice then.

That's still very unfortunate the way it happened. We'll see if he will "stick" with Razer after this.

we were wrong. Razer is no longer with EG

I don't pay attention to that org so I never realized it, I just assumed they were still with them.

Lulubop

Damn just realized Rayray has mad experience vs Hulk and Haggar. Not saying Bum is on Kane's level but still. If he couldn't get it done then it wasn't happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom