• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2015 IOT2I - The GODS have fallen - Final day July 19th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deps

not the hrap4 which is their mainline stick

The red HRAP is outdated, and was a limited release. Their mainline stick is the Kai and VLX(15+). The guy who runs the website you posted mentioned on srk that he hasn't finished testing it, but the Kai feels really bad, so its most likely the same chip as the silent (15ms)

Sigh. Here comes people not understanding the situation:

9b14aa9657.gif

This is the moment of the disconnection. Yes, Momochi had a slight life lead. However if you read what was currently happening, they are moving towards Momochi's corner. Gamerbee was bearing down on him with st.RH while Momochi is playing footsies and backing up not wanting to commit to anything crazy. It's probably at this point that Gamerbee is putting Momochi right where he wants him and boom disconnection. Add this on top of the fact that Gamerbee had to fight out of his mind in LOsers to get to this point and a disconnection? It completely fucked him who was already more exhausted and tired mentally from the long set with Infiltration. I wholeheartedly believe that Gamerbee was going to win. The people who like Momochi are just going to say that Gamerbee fucked himself after the disconnection and that it's his fault he didn't win.
quoting this so this guy doesn't get to circle back like he was "just saying" it's a bit harder for Gamerbee than Momochi. You got all your F' & E's caught up in this one man, just admit it and move on, but don't try to backtrack.

The red HRAP is outdated, and was a limited release. Their mainline stick is the Kai and VLX(15+). The guy who runs the website you posted mentioned on srk that he hasn't finished testing it, but the Kai feels really bad, so its most likely the same chip as the silent (15ms)

ah thanks for the update.

Moaradin

I've gotta give credit to MadCatz for not jumping on Razer's throat and trolling their account. Very professional of them.

This shit isn't even Razer's fault. I feel bad for them since they're gonna be taking a lot of blame for this, but a malfunction like this could happen to anyone. Just a very unfortunate situation all around.

TheRetroKid

Neo Member
Spectator passes are a relatively new thing to Evo actually. They were introduced in 2012.

Sure, the scale wouldn't be the same without sponsors and spectators, but to say that Evo depends on spectators to survive is obviously wrong and to say that it's more about the spectators than the players is very debatable.

that's that entitlement folks new to the fgc have. it's all about me, and I should be catered to. knida like those smash folks who traveled 2000 miles from florida, expecting to get into the redbull salty suite, despite knowing before they left that it was an invite-only room, but still expected to be let in because they traveled 2000 miles.

Also don't really get all the Gamerbee love. It's ridiculously hard to get to winner's finals. Infiltration, Gamerbee, and Momochi are all winners IMO, could have gone either way between those three.

you said evo would not exist without spectators. That is factually wrong.

What you then said later is correct, that modern day evo would not exist. Yes it would be much smaller with less corporate partnership.

Here's what I actually posted:

lol

Evo wouldn't be possible without spectators, what are you talking about.

I probably wasn't clear enough in this initial post but I was saying that modern day EVO wouldn't work without spectators, this was in response to some guy saying that it shouldn't be a spectator event which I disagree with if we want the scene to grow.

I was wondering who that chick was on the Evo stream then the name popped up. I forgot about Miranda the Boxer player. Now I'm reminded of that Miranda/Aris scandle

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
We need 600 more posts to beat GAF's all time EVO numbers. Can definitely do that between the salty suites and random posts.

Bruce Hsiang ゲマビ ‏@GamerBeeTW 2m2 minutes ago Paradise, NV
Boss says we can get merried now, thank everyone cheer for me, you are the best, and I am sorry, really sorry

Also don't really get all the Gamerbee love. It's ridiculously hard to get to winner's finals. Infiltration, Gamerbee, and Momochi are all winners IMO, could have gone either way between those three.

it's cause he's been a bridesmaid and not the bride for the majority of street fighter 4's competitive lifespan.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Sigh. Here comes people not understanding the situation:

9b14aa9657.gif

This is the moment of the disconnection. Yes, Momochi had a slight life lead. However if you read what was currently happening, they are moving towards Momochi's corner. Gamerbee was bearing down on him with st.RH while Momochi is playing footsies and backing up not wanting to commit to anything crazy. It's probably at this point that Gamerbee is putting Momochi right where he wants him and boom disconnection. Add this on top of the fact that Gamerbee had to fight out of his mind in LOsers to get to this point and a disconnection? It completely fucked him who was already more exhausted and tired mentally from the long set with Infiltration. I wholeheartedly believe that Gamerbee was going to win. The people who like Momochi are just going to say that Gamerbee fucked himself after the disconnection and that it's his fault he didn't win.

Haven't been in FGCGaf for awhile, but this is probably the most embarassing post I've ever seen.

Wynnebeck

Banned
quoting this so this guy doesn't get to circle back like he was "just saying" it's a bit harder for Gamerbee than Momochi. You got all your F' & E's caught up in this one man, just admit it and move on, but don't try to backtrack.

Already said I'm not backtracking. Nice try though.

Wagram

Rules or not, I have no respect for any player that takes a win due to unforeseen circumstance. It sucks it happened, but that was bullshit. High tension or not, that doesn't seem right and that technicality can screw legit winners over.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
ART "TWITCH WON'T LET ME SHOW THE PARTY SO IM WALKING AROUND CATCHING IT ON PERISCOPE"

smh

Twitch are dumb as fuck. The party is going off on the Periscope stream.

OceanBlue

AnimEVO results anyone?

Here are results from some of the games:
https://twitter.com/Anime_EVO/status/622782162954096640
https://twitter.com/Anime_EVO/status/622783352739753984
https://twitter.com/Anime_EVO/status/622784252250210304
https://twitter.com/Anime_EVO/status/622785318840741892

I don't have a link for any of the Arcsys games, but I do know that SKD won and Dogura got 2nd. Nakkiel, SKD, and Lich won the BB 3v3. Lord Knight, GCYoshi, and 2GBCombo won the Xrd 3v3.

Imm0rt4l

That Wynnebeck post makes scrub quotes seem like pulitzer prize material tbh
Rules or not, I have no respect for any player that takes a win due to unforeseen circumstance. It sucks it happened, but that was bullshit. High tension or not, that doesn't seem right and that technicality can screw legit winners over.
It was the rules. Gamerbee had no say in the matter, he took the round.

It wasn't up to Gamerbee. Evo makes the decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom