• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2015 IOT2I - The GODS have fallen - Final day July 19th

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's up with the smash bros hate?

A lot of FGC members hate Smash for various reason: It's not a True fighting game because it uses %s rather then health bars, it's intended to be a party game and can't be taken seriously because of it, smash matches take way longer then any other fighting game, back when it was first coming out the smash scene was full of fairly young people because most people who still play melee played it when they were young, and of course it's an extremely popular game (At this Evo Smash had the second and third most entrants for their tourney only behind USF4, and a lot of people are jealous of how it gets compared to most other fighters. Some of those aren't actually true btw but it's what people say) Most the people that played melee when it was getting really popular grew up so the age thing isn't really an issue anymore and generally the core FGC is a bit more accepting of smash then it used to be but there is still a large group of people that insist on trying to shit on smash at every opportunity that they get.

Fugu

I'd like to see Hbox take this. I used to be a big Armada fanboy because I'm a Peach player but man, I just love Hbox.

Vire

The time zone thing is exaggerated, IMO. I think boring/less clear storylines implicate more than that when it comes to viewers, at least in previous years.

The momentum will carry SF I feel. People will stay up.

Plus they are announcing a new SF character this year.

Can someone explain to me these god damn furry hats? Shit is is embarrassing.

wow, stream quality looks like it would if I were playing melee on a wii on an hdtv with shitty video cables. MK looked pretty bad too, hope they fix it sometime..

Azure J

Yo I love those cold blooded Marth "walk into fsmash" situations so much. It's the ultimate "fuck outta here" response.

PPMD dabes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom