• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2015 IOT2I - The GODS have fallen - Final day July 19th

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinMaruku

Did the DoA community enforce that costume ban rule? That killed my interest
That was the most stupid shit I ever seen and it instantly failed when Lopedo entered the equation. If they did it to appeas people in the fgc they failed. It's bunch of mono gamers NEVER try to engage with them, build your own like CS go and Smash

Probably for the best...
Rest my case.

Honestly if Smash is here it opens it up to everything else. No suggestion is too ridiculous.
Smash is an aberration I doubt anything else will achieve something like that. Best DOA can do is the CS-GO model. Build your own scene and make Koei and Sony build some marketing deals and you slowly grow to where the fgc can't ignore the numbers. But that will take some leadership in a lot of areas to achieve. Not hopeful.

Melee has the esport sponsors that are not even in other fighing games. Smash 4 doesnt.
So Melee makes more sense as it is growing in directions the rest of the fgc isnt.

well no one knows the actual reason melee is here instead of smash 4.

the official reason supposedly is "best show" which is vague and stupid reasoning.

c5f9c3a01502472b9d15893520132f32.jpg

ironmang

The time zone thing is exaggerated, IMO. I think boring/less clear storylines implicate more than that when it comes to viewers, at least in previous years.

The momentum will carry SF I feel. People will stay up.

Wasn't in 2012 that the sf finals didn't even start until like 10:30pm local? That had to hurt viewers a bit.

Anyways, I think being later definitely hurts it just due to the people watching sunday for other games not sticking around to watch late night SF4. I don't even have much interest in melee but it's in the middle so I'll watch. If it was the last game I probably wouldn't.

wow, stream quality looks like it would if I were playing melee on a wii on an hdtv with shitty video cables. MK looked pretty bad too, hope they fix it sometime..
Yeah, on top of it looking like they're using composite, it also looks like the splitter or something in the chain is causing a ton of video interference. This game really has not aged well in the graphics department. It'd be nice to get a visual upgrade for this game in Smash 4's visual style with all the vibrant colors.

i can't watch Melee on High. it's literally hurting my eyes lol

The stream quality is completely fucked for the game feed at the moment. It didn't look nearly this bad when it was streamed yesterday. Seems like they're getting super cheap and saving bandwith. Is it any better on source if anyone has that?

NotLiquid

leffen beat him at apex, and mango is in losers. So there is a solid chance of mango losing.

The fact that there's a good chance both of them will be going against each other early in Losers is going to be insanely telling. Whoever wins that match up; it can be considered an upset and they're not duking it out in Finals.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Wasn't in 2012 that the sf finals didn't even start until like 10:30pm local? That had to hurt viewers a bit.

Anyways, I think being later definitely hurts it just due to the people watching sunday for other games not sticking around to watch late night SF4. I don't even have much interest in melee but it's in the middle so I'll watch. If it was the last game I probably wouldn't.
It definitely hurts, but I'm not convinced its as responsible as people make it out to be, mostly in reference to the relatively weaker years for SF. It's multiple factors but people want to pin it on one thing or another.

Honestly, I really dislike Melee edgehogging. It honestly kills hype for me a lot to see someone take a stock like that. It's one of the things I'm really glad they changed in Smash 4

Honestly I'm on board for Melee getting the ST and MvC2 treatment and have a HD online version for Wii U. Doesn't MvC2HD also have an normal ratio option also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom