• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2015 IOT2I - The GODS have fallen - Final day July 19th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazulic

I think Smash 4 is honestly way more fun to watch then Melee. I can't say about playing on a competitive level since I'm nowhere near good enough at any smash to comment, but I prefer watching Smash 4

because its easier and theres less little details to understand about what high level players are doing, so its easier to look at it and understand choices.

Honestly, another thing I dislike about watching competitive melee is how much time is spent just running back and forth doing nothing and waiting for an opportunity

Trying to watch this Tekken 7 stream on madcatz and I'm just not feeling it at all. I wish Namco would stop hating on Soul Calibur and give us SC6. That said I'm terrified they'd make it like SC5 which I'm not a fan of at all :p

Azure J

Stream quality looking like me trying to stream with stock Elgato software yesterday. :lol

Honestly, another thing I dislike about watching competitive melee is how much time is spent just running back and forth doing nothing and waiting for an opportunity

So, you hate footsies in fighting games?

Gsnap

I ultimately prefer the ledge game in smash 4. It gives you a lot of options when coming back, but it also gives you a lot of options when defending. People aren't really taking advantage of it right now, but I imagine in time we'll be seeing some pretty intricate edge game as the meta evolves. We'll see defenders go off the ledge more, more defying gravity, more people will learn how to abuse the one frame ledge snap, you'll see more stage spikes and footstools, more ledge trumps setting up denials and spikes.

I mean, you all saw what abadango did with wario yesterday. Very cool ledge game without the need of gimps. Expect more of that I from top players in the future.

because its easier and theres less little details to understand about what high level players are doing, so its easier to look at it and understand choices.

Maybe so, but I honestly don't think complexity makes a game better. I think Melee competitively gets needlessly complex. Not to mention that pretty much every top character in Melee looks similar in basic playstyle. They have different moves that they favor, but it's all basic rushdown with no variety beyond what moves they use to rushdown

Mumei

I am, just something like Killer Instinct, MK, and SF are much more easily apparent to see and appreciate the skill on display.

That's understandable. It's not immediately apparent what the players are doing in order to move like that. Any of the individual inputs or moves are fairly simple; the difficulty comes from how tightly they need to be executed, and then actually doing it intelligently. And unlike other fighting games, there's less ability to transfer knowledge from other games onto this game.

I sometimes have that same problem with anime games, because I don't know the mechanics and am not even sure at times what sort of move I'm looking at.

CKTeMKsUcAAnVzY.jpg:large

Slight improvement on the hair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom