• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2015 - The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year - July 17-19th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reminds me of KOF02UM players whining about the auto-dash from activating HD in KOF XIII.

Five years later people at all levels of play still fuck that up lmao

Tripon

Yo, it's happening and I am ready to stay up until ridiculous o'clock for USF.

I'm actually rooting for late finals for Ultra since I have to come home on Sunday anyway. >_>

Japanese Smash players have landed in Vegas, including aSMa!
And Keitaro, but nobody cares about him. Kappa.

CJ_YmdHUMAATcy9.jpg

N4Us

IRT KOFXIII side tourney, it's getting streamed on KingsOfCo and is esitmated to start around 1 PM pacific on Friday

JeTmAn81

Kusoru entering would've been more hype 3 years ago. He probably doesn't have much of a chance in today's field.

Looking back at the earlier pages I see many of you guys are so thirsty for the end of USF4 lol. Come on guys it'll be back next year, sure it'll suffer a massive drop but it'll still pull in 1,000+ players easily. It might be relegated to a Saturday or Sunday morning so maybe that will give some of you guys some peace of mind.

I'm going to really try and attend EVO next year. I'd love to be there for SFV first year and possibly USF4's final year. But if they're going to continue having two Smash's, then they'll definitely have two SF's until USF4's attendance dwindles down too much.

Tripon

Looking back at the earlier pages I see many of you guys are so thirsty for the end of USF4 lol. Come on guys it'll be back next year, sure it'll suffer a massive drop but it'll still pull in 1,000+ players easily. It might be relegated to a Saturday or Sunday morning so maybe that will give some of you guys some peace of mind.

I'm going to really try and attend EVO next year. I'd love to be there for SFV first year and possibly USF4's final year. But if they're going to continue having two Smash's, then they'll definitely have two SF's until USF4's attendance dwindles down too much.

I'm fully expecting a 4 day tournament next year with the majority of pools playing on Thursday and Friday. And with Sat, and Sunday being the finals for games. EVO already rents the ballrooms for an entire week anyway to set up, so they're already paying for the days. If they can announce the schedule for the games and pools way earlier, than I think people would be okay playing pools on Thursday.

I'm fully expecting a 4 day tournament next year with the majority of pools playing on Thursday and Friday. And with Sat, and Sunday being the finals for games. EVO already rents the ballrooms for an entire week anyway to set up, so they're already paying for the days. If they can announce the schedule for the games and pools way earlier, than I think people would be okay playing pools on Thursday.

Think they might need to go bigger than a ballroom next year.

Actually, I wonder which venue on the strip can hold the most amount of contestants/spectators?

The question came up yesterday about a stadium for the next one. I think we'll see the evo staff hand it off to a company before that happens.

The question came up yesterday about a stadium for the next one. I think we'll see the evo staff hand it off to a company before that happens.

I don't see a stadium for a tournament, but a stadium to view the finals could work. Like have finals day be in a stadium where people just enter to view.

I'm actually rooting for late finals for Ultra since I have to come home on Sunday anyway. >_>

Japanese Smash players have landed in Vegas, including aSMa!
And Keitaro, but nobody cares about him. Kappa.

CJ_YmdHUMAATcy9.jpg
I see Nietono, Shimitake and Abadango. And of course aMSa. I don't even know what Rain looks like. I've seen him play plenty, but I've never actually seen him... or at least I wouldn't know if I did see him.

Last time I remember seeing Kusoru playing an American was vs Justin at SBO. Justin didn't have any trouble beating him but then again it's Justin.

Dahbomb

Last time I remember seeing Kusoru playing an American was vs Justin at SBO. Justin didn't have any trouble beating him but then again it's Justin.
I know Justin is the GOAT Marvel player and was the best player at that tournament....

But SBO Marvel 3 was the most fraudulent Marvel tournament of all time.

Tripon

The strip has actual arenas EVO can move into, but of course they are Much more expensive than the ballrooms they are currently renting.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
The great thing about being busy is that time flies - it's already EVO week.

Can't wait to see Marvel - I'd love to see RayRay win, or FullSchedule, or any other unexpected person, like one of the Japanese guys. Especially glad to see Nemo & RF there and maybe Kusoru.

I don't know if Scamby is going, but I'd love to see him get far with Team Resident Evil if he was. Love that team.

Apparently M2K's hands were feeling better so he started putting in heavy sessions of play again, and boom, re-aggravation. Shame he didn't just take it easy until EVO.

Neoxon

The great thing about being busy is that time flies - it's already EVO week.

Can't wait to see Marvel - I'd love to see RayRay win, or FullSchedule, or any other unexpected person, like one of the Japanese guys. Especially glad to see Nemo & RF there and maybe Kusoru.

I don't know if Scamby is going, but I'd love to see him get far with Team Resident Evil if he was. Love that team.
Looks like I know who I'm pulling for as far as Mahvel goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom