• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2015 - The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year - July 17-19th

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So, new SFV character at the panel or on stream? I guess on stream, but there has to be something at the panel.

hype level for marvel has increased tenfold
lol wasn't this a rumour last year too? We kept going through the brackets looking for unknown people or potential troll names that could be Kusoru

s/o to Diego

EVO SFV shirt

CJ_28K0UcAABR2L.jpg
Dope.

pixelish

is it logistically feasible to have the first two days at a ballroom and move finals day to a convention centre/arena so they can accommodate everyone who wants to watch the finals?

Wedge7

Nice, hyped again as always. One of the few FGC tournies I watch all year, always a lot of fun. Was seriously considering heading to Vegas this year, but not in the cards, maybe next year. Will be hooked to twitch all weekend.

SamVimes

Anyone got top 8 predictions for sf? I simulated the brackets with an excel file and i'm standing like this:

1: Momochi
2: Infiltration
3: Daigo
4: Strider
5: Poongko
5: Kazunoko
7: Smug
7: Bonchan

So, new SFV character at the panel or on stream? I guess on stream, but there has to be something at the panel.

I reckon we'll get two announcements. Maybe they'll announce this new character on the panel - that gives them a chance to go into detail about whatever new gimmicks he brings with his play style, and they can push the trailer to their social media & online channels at the same time...

And then on grand finals when Ono takes to the stage they can do just a trailer for a returning character, somebody the Evo audience will get hype for (SF3, perhaps?)

Anyone got top 8 predictions for sf? I simulated the brackets with an excel file and i'm standing like this:

1: Momochi
2: Infiltration
3: Daigo
4: Strider
5: Poongko
5: Kazunoko
7: Smug
7: Bonchan

I'm only going to predict Kazunoko in top 8. I have no clue. If it was a ft3 throughout quarters and semis it would be a lot easier, but this? I have no clue.

SamVimes

I'm only going to predict Kazunoko in top 8. I have no clue. If it was a ft3 throughout quarters and semis it would be a lot easier, but this? I have no clue.

I just ran the matchups and went with my gut, i would be surprised if more than 3 players from my top 8 actually make it.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I reckon we'll get two announcements. Maybe they'll announce this new character on the panel - that gives them a chance to go into detail about whatever new gimmicks he brings with his play style, and they can push the trailer to their social media & online channels at the same time...

And then on grand finals when Ono takes to the stage they can do just a trailer for a returning character, somebody the Evo audience will get hype for (SF3, perhaps?)
When is the panel supposed to happen?

So which games are you guys gonna be watching? Also, how may streams will it have?

8 streams! Gonna watch every minute of SF4. On Saturday, gonna watch a lot of MK, Marvel semis, and also see what Tekken 7 plays like. Watching every finals except for a couple games which I won't name as they've been piled on enough :)

Number45

I understand at least some SF, so that's what I enjoy watching. Occasionally I'll tune in and see something else on stream, but after about 5 minutes without me knowing what the fuck is going on I'll tune out.

SF is the only fighting game I've ever enjoyed (CvsSNK2 also, but even in that I tended to stick to the SF characters), or really tried to enjoy. And now I'm old and set in my ways, and have no desire to change that. :p

Keits

Developer
Hello my friends. Killer Instinct has changed a lot with Season 2 and has gotten really really fun to watch. Please give it a try this Saturday.

FacelessSamurai

..but cry so much I wish I had some
I'll be on the road for the first and final day and will have to tether my phone to my laptop to watch the streams. Anyone has info on how much data per hour the low quality stream uses? I can't seem to find that info online. I don't want to go over my monthly limit but I just can't miss Evo either.

Cramoss

Does anyone know if there'll be a youtube stream? Twitch has been running like shit for me these last few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom