• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2015 - The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year - July 17-19th

Status
Not open for further replies.

AAK

Namco fails if it is not out by then.

Just be prepared, Harada did say there will be an Arcade BR-style update. There is no sign of it yet so they have to showcase that, location test it, and then release it exclusively on arcades for set of time before launching it on consoles. Hence, don't expect it for a long time like Tekken 6.

Beats

I want to try to catch all the finals at least, but I may need to check the archives or uploads later for some of the Sunday games. : <

Pretty hyped for Melee though. I wanna see PPMD take it.

BadWolf

Just be prepared, Harada did say there will be an Arcade BR-style update. There is no sign of it yet so they have to showcase that, location test it, and then release it exclusively on arcades for set of time before launching it on consoles. Hence, don't expect it for a long time like Tekken 6.

That would be terrible.

sinxtanx

Is Smash that bad? I was going to make an effort to watch it this year.

Is there a strong favorite winner for Melee?
How's the wiiu smash ? Is it more balanced ?

Smash is pretty cool if you know how the metagame works
difference between Melee and Sm4sh is mostly in the level of movement control the games allow, Melee is hella technical Sm4sh not so much

Melee could go several ways - Leffen/Mang0/Armada/PPMD are all very strong contenders
Sm4sh will be won by Zero

Dai101

Banned
What game/character announcements are you guys expecting at EVO?

A character reveal for SFV
Something from IG/MSE for KI

Ono telling us for the uptenth time that Darksatakers are not death, even if they indeed are and very deep buried already ...................

Is Smash that bad? I was going to make an effort to watch it this year.

Is there a strong favorite winner for Melee?
How's the wiiu smash ? Is it more balanced ?

• E6AyJsh.gif

• imLstIX.gif

Lulubop

Momochi is way more exciting to watch than Daigo, and just as good. Plays a more interesting character too.

The fuck I wanna see Evil Ryu?

Noaloha

Pleased to see the OP up is pleasant on the eyes for dark-theme peoples, though I did note an inner chuckle upon seeing that the kerning of 'notable' makes it read 'not able'. Great overall job though. Agree that the UltraChen supershow would be nice for newcomers inclusive porpoises.

Dahbomb

Isnt Dual Kevin having a MM with Fchamp?

Thats an easy 1k there
FChamp vs Dual Kevin MM

Dual Kevin won a second MM after that too.

It's not as free as people think it is mostly because all of Dual Kevin's characters are at least even or favored against most of FChamp's characters.

I made a post a while ago how Deadpool was one of those underrated, hidden high tier characters of Marvel 3. He does well against Magneto, wins automatically against Doom and is favored against Dormammu.

Though I think if FChamp runs it back he will use his Phoenix team and will come out on top.

I'm insulted you think that way of me. Goddamn FGC thugs.
Well, you have been pretty consistently down on Smash. Was it a consistent joke that went over my head? I thought you really didn't like the game after a while. Wear a mask long enough and it becomes your face, etc.

notworksafe

Well, you have been pretty consistently down on Smash. Was it a consistent joke that went over my head? I thought you really didn't like the game after a while. Wear a mask long enough and it becomes your face, etc.

It's a fun game, and I do own and play Smash 4 regularly. I still don't see it as a fighting game though. Getting people worked up by saying that is just a nice side effect.

We really wont

Yeah I'm hoping Mario Kart comes back too.

Producer

Dual Kevin won a second MM after that too.

It's not as free as people think it is mostly because all of Dual Kevin's characters are at least even or favored against most of FChamp's characters.

I made a post a while ago how Deadpool was one of those underrated, hidden high tier characters of Marvel 3. He does well against Magneto, wins automatically against Doom and is favored against Dormammu.

Though I think if FChamp runs it back he will use his Phoenix team and will come out on top.

That was some good matches. Though not sure why he didnt use pheonix, she beats his characters pretty easily apart from maybe xf3 hawkeye

emb

Didn't realize the first gif was supposed to be not hype at first.

The precise movement there is amazing.

Revven

Didn't realize the first gif was supposed to be not hype at first.

The precise movement there is amazing.

I mean yes, the dash dancing itself is great but the U-throw > Uair isn't that amazing -- in the match itself as you're watching it ramp up to that? Hype. In a standalone gif without context? Not really.

It's a fun game, and I do own and play Smash 4 regularly. I still don't see it as a fighting game though. Getting people worked up by saying that is just a nice side effect.

Yeah I'm hoping Mario Kart comes back too.
My apologies for misrepresenting you, then. We should play sometime. What is your NNID?

Have they said anything about the HD stream situation? I assume it's subs again but weirdly I see no announcement specifically about it

Omega

Banned
Well, I hope this year people who don't like certain games truly don't watch during that time, since no one is forcing them, and shitpost up the thread.

basically

I don't really like Smash so I'll go do something else like I normally do. There's a hundred other things you could be doing, why sit on gaf bitching

Revven

This particular KO pattern has always annoyed me when watching Fox plays and I don't know why.

It's the Proto-Hoo Hah, only it never got patched out.

The difference is though you can actually kinda sorta do something about it depending on the stage, where you are, and the DI/SDI. The other interesting aspect to it, unlike hoo hah, is that the player constantly has to figure out ways to make it work at the varying percents and DI. And then of course there's SDI'ing the Uair which Hbox, Armada, and even Leffen are getting good at.

But yes it is a very common way for Fox to get KOs and it is yawn-inducing because it's so braindead (on a certain level, not nearly as braindead as hoo hah IMO) but the build-up to it and getting the grab is no easy feat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom