• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2016 Fighting Game Chamionship Tournament of the Year - July 15th - 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaowebb

AnimEVO stuff super late. DFCI is still on grand finals. Aquapazza hasn't aired yet, and we were already supposed to be on Arcana Heart.

DFCI tourney borked it all.

Might as well not call it EVO and have it be Nintendo World Chamionship Saturdays

I mean it's neither Nintendo nor Evo's fault Nintendo had 3 of the 4 most popular fighting games out there right now heck Pokken is being supported the most with at least 3-4 more dlc characters coming. Evo is the big fighting game tournament and you have to have the biggest fighting games even if they run long Evo is gonna have to figure out how to better schedule the three games.

I can see it coming back next year since it did have over 1000 entrants but they're gonna have to have it's finals on Friday because it's just like the Smash games it goes waaaay late.

Can you imagine a day of evo if they had melee, smash 4, and pokken finals on the same day.

I feel like Nintendo's presence at evo has actively detracted from my enjoyment of the event. I'd much rather they more prominently anime games that might have smallish communities but always put on really exciting finals. Blazblue, Skullgirls, or Undernight would be so much better than Smash and Pokken..

I feel like Nintendo's presence at evo has actively detracted from my enjoyment of the event. I'd much rather they more prominently anime games that might have smallish communities but always put on really exciting finals. Blazblue, Skullgirls, or Undernight would be so much better than Smash and Pokken..

Those communities don't bring in as much money and attention before their games are completely ignored.

Much better to stick with the Nintendo ones.

I don't see you doing the same as shaowebb

Infil vs Sako then Daigo vs Tokido?

2i6oyo.png

Sheroking

Nintendo or no Nintendo, none of those games were making EVO.

2 ArcSys games at EVO max, and they need to be updated that year. That's just always been the way it is. Skullgirls and UNIEL aren't big enough to make EVO at all.

FiggyCal

Banned

When you say anime games, I was thinking Naruto and DBZ. which would also be really cool. Games I could probably win at.

boo hoo

Nintendo has 3 of some of the biggest fighters in the fgc

deal with it

Zyrox

Good shit Tonosama. Rooting for him in Grands. I was dismissive of Braixen at first but I gotta admit she looks really fun.

Syntsui

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";210246900]He's been right out of top 8/16 in a lot of majors so you don't see him but he is winning.[/QUOTE]

Those were the first 2 months of the game, he just disappeared lately.

Eliseo

So your problem is that they are Nintendo games huh, anime games wont get 1k entrants like pokken did nor 2k+ on meele/smash 4 had.

Nintendo or no Nintendo, none of those games were making EVO.

2 ArcSys games at EVO max, and they need to be updated that year. That's just always been the way it is. Skullgirls and UNIEL aren't big enough to make EVO at all.

Blazblue CF is out in arcades but no one give a shit about that. There's no sugarcoating it. People don't give a shit about anime. Nintendo games bring in the views.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom