• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2016 Fighting Game Chamionship Tournament of the Year - July 15th - 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nintendo or no Nintendo, none of those games were making EVO.

2 ArcSys games at EVO max, and they need to be updated that year. That's just always been the way it is. Skullgirls and UNIEL aren't big enough to make EVO at all.

I just feel like they provide better viewing experiences. I don't give a fuck about BlazBlue but the year Hakumen wrecked shop made for an amazing watch. The Nintendo games on the other hand are dull and go on for way too long. Also I don't think the idea that they're not big enough means much when Pokken has the main stage right now yet has 70k less viewers that the Capcom Fighters stream.

Hazzuh

Blaming the games themselves for the delays is dumb. If you choose to have a game at your event then your schedule shouldn't just be how long you wish they would take. Y'all can say that one game takes too long but everyone should know that by now and schedule accordingly.

Sheroking

I just feel like they provide better viewing experiences. I don't give a fuck about BlazBlue but the year Hakumen wrecked shop made for an amazing watch. The Nintendo games on the other hand are dull and go on for way too long. Also I don't think the idea that they're not big enough means much when Pokken has the main stage right now yet has 65k less viewers that the Capcom Fighters stream.

Pokken was an exploratory thing and I don't think it's coming back.

But Melee dominates everything that isn't Capcom and is generally well received by neutral viewers.

I feel like Nintendo's presence at evo has actively detracted from my enjoyment of the event. I'd much rather they more prominently anime games that might have smallish communities but always put on really exciting finals. Blazblue, Skullgirls, or Undernight would be so much better than Smash and Pokken..

you know i feel the need to say this when every people group up pokken with smash

you do know nintendo had little to do with pokken right? like nintendo has little involvement with the pokemon IP as a whole

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom