• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2016 Fighting Game Chamionship Tournament of the Year - July 15th - 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.

jett

D-Member
i'm guessing the latter.

ESPN has been doing eSports for a while. Wouldn't even be surprised if they approached the Evo people.

It'd be cool to read about the behind the scenes of this deal.

it was thanks to the playstation 4. the console of choice for street fighter v and sponsor of the capcom pro tour

the choice of a console generation

3gbPRx3.gif

M_A_C

I'm sure things will pick up later, but considering the new venue, I'm pretty underwhelmed by the presentation/production. I figured there would be more fanfare, more in the way of player intros and whatnot. The tiny spectator crowd just adds to that.

Can't expect UFC level production values. These are basically amateurs, and it shows.

Xater

Oh, my bad. Then well, I'm guessing midway through Marvel.

No problem. It just seems like with this big Arena we definitely need more people to actually hear some crowd noise. That was the only reason I was wondering how long it will take.

DZ_b_EZ

The stage this year is sooo big and there's such a big distance from the commentators that you can't hear the crowd cheering in the background as much.

I think thats what it is.

yeah never was a big exaggeration, more often than not the top 2 don't make it

happy we have at least one american in sfv top8, go joe
Top 8 is unpredictable for SF. Not only is the competition insane, but it is 2/3 and brackets play a factor.

I have been wanting SF to be 3/5 the past 2 years, but looks like 2/3 is here to stay. The format is incredibly cutthroat, especially in a game like SFV where offense is favored.

Xater

Netherrealm should probably in the future implement a tournament mode. One that just skips fatalities and announces the winner. Never hearing who won from the game itself has always been weird.

Top 8 is unpredictable for SF. Not only is the competition insane, but it is 2/3 and brackets play a factor.

I have been wanting SF to be 3/5 the past 2 years, but looks like 2/3 is here to stay. The format is incredibly cutthroat, especially in a game like SFV where offense is favored.

It's really 2/3? When premiers do 3/5?

Big D just zoned the fuck out of him, great performance.

Flexin' on em.

Street Fighter has been 3/5 in top 8 since the Capcom Pro Tour started if not longer.

Netherrealm should probably in the future implement a tournament mode. One that just skips fatalities and announces the winner. Never hearing who won from the game itself has always been weird.

Fans like to see them do fatalities. That's my understanding anyway, I'm not really a MK guy.

hwateber

Pretty sure top 8 is 3/5 since CPT rules require it

Killer Instinct top 8 was insane yesterday and sofar MKXL has beenreally interesting. A lack of Alien/Mileena being played by Top 8 players who are winning and really nice to see Jason and Ermac being played so well.

Boon teased news at Evo a few weeks ago. Judging by the lack of hype tweets etc. either:

1-sick of having their reveals spoiled ao being secretive.
2-no announcement incoming.
3-announcement just another season of ESL/and/or pot bonuses with some balance changes coming after EVO?

I'm going to say it's just #3, with only on stage announcement being a $ addition to the pot?

Killer Instinct top 8 was insane yesterday and sofar MKXL has beenreally interesting. A lack of Alien/Mileena being played by Top 8 players who are winning and really nice to see Jason and Ermac being played so well.

Boon teased news at Evo a few weeks ago. Judging by the lack of hype tweets etc. either:

1-sick of having their reveals spoiled ao being secretive.
2-no announcement incoming.
3-announcement just another season of ESL/and/or pot bonuses with some balance changes coming after EVO?

I'm going to say it's just #3, with only on stage announcement being a $ addition to the pot?

If we don't get any annoucements, I'm going to be really bummed out to be honest. We've had a many hints leading up to today. Already feeling deflated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom