• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2016 Fighting Game Chamionship Tournament of the Year - July 15th - 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.
James Chen:not many people know about Dagger, talking about how he's good player, then Wolf makes him look bad...way to fail Chen, trying to hype the match when it turn out to be another match someone's getting bodied..

Shito

Krone is prob the best Laura
I certainly don't agree with that: he's way too reckless with the overheads for that. And reckless in general.
He blowed up a poor soul right now, but I would argue that Will2pac and vryu's Laura's are still way up there.

Xeteh

Bonchan is the reason I hope SFV gets Sagat sooner rather than later.

Love that bonita Laura costume.

Gross.

James Chen:not many people know about Dagger, talking about how he's good player, then Wolf makes him look bad...way to fail Chen, trying to hype the match when it turn out to be another match someone's getting bodied..

I can't believe the former competitive player that James hadn't seen compete in years wasn't informed of his skill level. The fucking horror.

Mighty kudos to Geesemaster. No Tekken 7 release, no scene, and he still managed to reach fourth place in a world tournament against Koreans, known gods of Tekken.

Also, Poongko was so happy there at the end, it was endearing.

Yeah exactly, he did amazing. Even directly knocked out Nobi, last year's champion, on his way to 4th place.

Her charged projectile probably has the highest priorty in the game.

Does it get snuffed by anything?

Hitting her. It's super slow on start up and recovery (unless it's EX). Either sweep or jump over it if you're in footsie range.

Alternatively, if she's in your face and throws an EX fireball off a button, a v-reversal will end it right there.

joe2187

Banned
Hitting her. It's super slow on start up and recovery (unless it's EX). Either sweep or jump over it if you're in footsie range.

Alternatively, if she's in your face and throws it off a button, a v-reversal will end it right there.

Yeah, I know but when I use moves I know have projectile invincibility it doesnt work on Lauras. It's kind of infuriating.

V reversal is my least used tool, I need to use it more and more.

HardRojo

James Chen just asked Combofiend if we'll be able to use character themes offline. Combofiend said they're aware of that request. Thanks Chen.

Shito

Yeah, I know but when I use moves I know have projectile invincibility it doesnt work on Lauras. It's kind of infuriating.

That's because Laura's projectiles have a huge hitbox and they are very slow.
A few anti-projectile moves work really fine against her, though, like Karin's vskill. But most of them, especially ones that make you move horizontally through the fireball will get you tagged by that slowly moving hitbox, yeah.

It's a slow moving projectile that hits multiple times, so most traditional projectile invincible stuff doesn't work on it.

When you're dealing with Laura's fireballs, the best way to deal with it is to just have a good read on when she's gonna throw it. Like if you notice that the Laura likes to v-skill back then charge a fireball, just jump after she v-skills back. When she's charging the fireball, she's super vulnerable to jump ins. Or you could always walk up a bit and sweep. Characters like Karin and Chun with their ridiculously long pokes have an easy time dealing with Laura (which is why those two are arguably her worst mus)

joe2187

Banned
If you have decent reactions (I don't) you can DP through it with any invulnerable DP.

My reactions are about as sharp as a two year old. I have a solid defense against jumping, dash ins, throws and jabs....but jump over my head and you've got me every time. I play characters with some of the best AA's in the game...and I cant react to the cross-up. 100 percent of my losses are from cross ups. Even when I know it's coming, my timing is way to soon or too late and I get fucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom