• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Exciting GAF Air Dashers reporting/results thread

FluxWaveZ

BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend - Round 5

FluxWaveZ vs. Roe-Bear

0 - 4

GGs. Heh, I didn't get bodied as hard by you compared to last time we played, so I'm pretty happy about that.

Onemic

and juggling 9 fighting games right now all at once

My problem. Been doing it for like a year now juggling a good 8 - 10 fighting games. I should really just settle on 2 FG's max and work at getting better on those alone. Then I won't feel so salty and bitch every damn day when I don't get better.

P4A

Me vs Canti: 2-2

Really close games, even if it was a bad matchup for you. We should play some more. I remember playing you online a good bit back when I was using Yu.

Canti.

2-2 against Omnix~That One Hero in p4a

Should've known it's gonna be a good Liz player that stop me, Hate that match-up with a passion. Only character in the game that make me salty. We should definitely play more.
GGs

RoeBear

BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend - Round 5

FluxWaveZ vs. Roe-Bear

0 - 4

GGs. Heh, I didn't get bodied as hard by you compared to last time we played, so I'm pretty happy about that.
I don't remember ever really beating you bad, even when you said you were just starting out. My friend was watching and he was in the edge of his seat.

Should've known it's gonna be a good Liz player that stop me, Hate that match-up with a passion. Only character in the game that make me salty. We should definitely play more.
GGs

Funny thing about this is that I almost used Aki, haha. I wasn't confident in the matchup b/c of lack of playing the game, so I just went with Liz since I'm more comfortable with her on a good day.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
My problem. Been doing it for like a year now juggling a good 8 - 10 fighting games. I should really just settle on 2 FG's max and work at getting better on those alone. Then I won't feel so salty and bitch every damn day when I don't get better.

That wont happen for me until GGXrd comes out and I abandon everything in existence for it

FluxWaveZ

I don't remember ever really beating you bad, even when you said you were just starting out. My friend was watching and he was in the edge of his seat.

Hm, well I did take a few rounds here and there, though that Relius pressure was too awesome.

I feel like I've gotten the basics of how to play BB, but I'm probably gonna start actually playing for real when CP comes out (and get a proper main).

P4A

Mo the Hawk (4) vs me (0)

Good games, it's been a little while since our last matches so this was fun! And I swear me picking Liz at the end of the non-scoring matches was not because counterpick lol, I just wanted to get some practice in. It just so happens that the character I want as backup just happens to be one of the weirdest to use :/

Rhapsody

Banned
GGs, and thanks for having time for the quick set after. I tried punishing after IBs but got CHed. I really need to know the matchup since I didn't know what you could gatling into what. Also sad that I tried to buffer dash too early after blocking your DP. I think I only did it right once lol

Fun set though, and I'll actually play BBCP. Skipping CS really screwed me up.

Fugu

So many people mess up the DP punish against Litchi because of its huge active time. The big thing is not to barrier it. If you don't barrier it, it's like -12309814 so you can just throw out your slowest, most damaging normal and it'll work. Also, if Litchi is already in a hurt state by the time the second part comes down it won't damage you, so if you can make that happen you don't even have to worry about dashing.

EDIT: Also, I don't know about you but that lag was pretty debilitating for me. I dropped a lot of easy combos (I don't think I've ever dropped j.B dj.BC Hatsu Chuun offline).

Rhapsody

Banned
So many people mess up the DP punish against Litchi because of its huge active time. The big thing is not to barrier it. If you don't barrier it, it's like -12309814 so you can just throw out your slowest, most damaging normal and it'll work. Also, if Litchi is already in a hurt state by the time the second part comes down it won't damage you, so if you can make that happen you don't even have to worry about dashing.

EDIT: Also, I don't know about you but that lag was pretty debilitating for me. I dropped a lot of easy combos (I don't think I've ever dropped j.B dj.BC Hatsu Chuun offline).

Yeah. Sometimes I had to barrier since I was dashing, but know I should avoid it.

And I agree, it was laggy. I'm in SoCal, so the distance is probably factoring there. I could react to your lows and overheads if I was concentrating on it really hard, but I dropped a lot of combos and got CH'ed when trying to AA you with 6A. I usually hate using Rachel online too so that doesn't help.

Can't wait for BBCP. No more stupid primers. I got too used to BBCP videos that when I 2A'ed your roll into 5B, I really wanted to do 6A lobelia lol

Naite

RoeBear defeated me 3-1 in P4A.

GGs. I can't believe how much about this game is slipping from my memory. I forgot which buttons were to throw (which is why I did some odd bursts), which button was to short hop/turn in mid-air, that there's no death by chip damage, Teddie's item rotation (which is why I stood there weaving like a moron), and I keep trying to barrier block in the air.

Okay, i'm going over to a friends house. So hopefully everyone who needed to play me, can do so soon! I'll be available!

Let me know the available times, and i'll do my best to be right on it.

Uncle AJ

GGs Deadpool. I mean CrazyTank.

... Nope, you're still Deadpool. Now and forever.

I hope I get to play Canti or Omnix in P4A, sounds like they're really good!

Rhapsody

Banned
So currently it looks like Fugu, Flux, and bagandscalpel pretty much have 1st place sealed.

I have no hope for BB. The best I can hope for is 2nd or 3rd in GG and maybe 3rd in Persona (if the brackets somehow work out). lol

Fugu

So currently it looks like Fugu, Flux, and bagandscalpel pretty much have 1st place sealed.

I have no hope for BB. The best I can hope for is 2nd or 3rd in GG and maybe 3rd in Persona (if the brackets somehow work out). lol
Pretty sure top 3 for BB is going to be me, you and Roe-Bear in some order. Considering I've played both of you and you've played each other, your spread can't exactly get any worse.

Swiss system is a new and unusual experience for me. Even though we're only halfway through the rounds, I kind of feel like the climax is already reached, based solely on point analysis/skill equivalency.

I could be deathly wrong, though, but it'd be really hard to tell unless I fight all fifteen other players.

Off topic, but sorry we couldn't get casuals in last night, Qis. Dead tired and went to bed reeeeeal early.

Oh dude, are you OmniTSC? You're the guy I played THE MOST at Final Round. And you would probably still beat me with your Narukami. Why the switch to Liz?

Yeah, that's me. They left the 'x' in my name off for some random reason, haha. Anyways, I didn't really switch to Liz, it was more like I was already planning on maining her and subbing Aki before Final Round. I just felt a lot more consistent with Narukami at the time and didn't want to make things worse. My execution was not the best before the tournament, and I didn't want to be dropping loops at crucial times

I can still play a decent Narukami, but I haven't used him but a few times since Final Round. I really just stopped having fun when I played him and wanted to spend time on the characters I genuinely enjoyed :p

Pretty sure top 3 for BB is going to be me, you and Roe-Bear in some order. Considering I've played both of you and you've played each other, your spread can't exactly get any worse.

Don't let me and Flux sneak up from behind and surprise you guys! Though I'll need to actually fix my execution for that...heh, worth a shot right?

Rhapsody

Banned
Don't let me and Flux sneak up from behind and surprise you guys! Though I'll need to actually fix my execution for that...heh, worth a shot right?

You never know, you could. A lot of you guys are getting those 4-0's compared to my 3-1's all three tourneys. I can't blame my losses all on lag or even my execution. Ignoring first round, I know I made some bad judgment calls or getting mashed out after my opponent wakeup/techs.

Busaiku

Today's the last day for round 6 of Persona 4 Arena.
Here are the brackets.

Also, regarding Guilty Gear XX Accent Core +.
I did say I would extend the window for matches for this round, thus I haven't sent anyone PMs or anything, but there are only 2 matches left that are left unresolved.
irfaanator/Karsius and Omnix ~ That One Hero/FluxWaveZ

If you guys are able to complete you matches, that'd be great.
If not, again, there are no penalties at the moment, you've still got 3 days to play it out.

FluxWaveZ

I'm getting on now.

Amazingly enough, right when I was about to send you a message asking, "Who hosts?", my PS3 decided to freeze so I had to turn it off and now it's restoring the file system.

I should be back online in, like, three minutes.

Edit:

Guilty Gear

FluxWaveZ vs. Omnix ~ That One Hero

0 - 4

GGs.

Top Bottom