• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Exciting GAF Air Dashers reporting/results thread

GGs. It's not often I get to play a Chipp so that was fun. I hope you get back into the game more with the +R patch.

I plan to. I'm not hearing great news about the netcode for +R, but as long as I stick to playing people that I know, that shouldn't be a problem. I definitely plan to get back to learning Chipp when +R drops.

Busaiku

Since this round of AC+ is coming to a close, I wanted to throw something out in light of recent developments.

Perhaps the people with patched JP copies could face off against others with the patched copies, for now at least? Yes, it'll be a hassle, but just wanted to see how others thought about it.

I'm sorry, but this would affect at least 1/2 the bracket, since everyone would have to be assigned someone new, making sure they didn't play before, and so on.

What I'm willing to do is extend the next round (if you haven't played this round, you'll have to use your makeup) by 4 days to see if Arc System Works decides to patch the NA game and see if we can play then.
If we can't play each other then, I'm sorry, but the tournament will have to go on as scheduled, and you guys would have to get the NA version.

Rhapsody

Banned
BB Rhapsody vs Orpheus Telos

3-1

*sigh* I hate missing missing 2A after 3C Frog oki. People aren't able to roll there to begin with :(

FluxWaveZ

I'll be playing my Guilty Gear match against Mo the Hawk tomorrow since he won't be available to play until then. Should be playing our P4A match that he wasn't available for at the same time as well.

Guilty Gear
That Dude John (2) vs me (2)

Good games. My system freezing right before getting started and network lag aside (fuck this netcode lol), it was fun. Though the lag turned most of my 63214D into incomplete half circles so I kept doing Standing Dust more than I actually wanted to.

Busaiku

Man, I thought my games with TWILT were alright.
There were a couple spikes here and there, but overall nothing really worse than Persona 4 Arena.

I dunno, how was it on your end.

TWILT

Banned
Sent Cyberman65 a PM.
Man, I thought my games with TWILT were alright.
There were a couple spikes here and there, but overall nothing really worse than Persona 4 Arena.

I dunno, how was it on your end.

It was pretty nice actually. I could actually FRC properly.

RoeBear

GG
Me vs Roe-Bear
4-0

That lag was brutal. I wish we could've fought in better conditions.

Really I thought that was just how the game was. I just don't want to get into this game as it feels really clunky. Maybe Xrd will change my mind.

crazytank 4 - 0 bluemoonstar in p4a

Man if I actually knew combos/played that game lol I couldve taken a round and maybe a game

Persona

Me (4) vs Irfaanator (0)

Good games, but you really should use Raging Lion and whatever the real name is for Ziocar a lot more, you only used the latter once and didn't even use Raging Lion once. They're both good tools for Narukami to use.

Persona

Me (4) vs Irfaanator (0)

Good games, but you really should use Raging Lion and whatever the real name is for Ziocar a lot more, you only used the latter once and didn't even use Raging Lion once. They're both good tools for Narukami to use.

yea I was thinking about it lol, but like I said I really just picked up yu for this tourney and literally started playing the game since a week after launch this tourney.

I was confused as to how your aoa beat out a crouch b from yu in the second game. I was like whaaaat she looks like she's in the air

yea I was thinking about it lol, but like I said I really just picked up yu for this tourney and literally started playing the game since a week after launch this tourney.

I was confused as to how your aoa beat out a crouch b from yu in the second game. I was like whaaaat she looks like she's in the air

Mitsuru's AoA has armor on it so that's how that happened lol

Fugu

GG
Roebear 0- Naite 4

I'm on fire today.
I would honestly be surprised if you didn't finish in the top three of BlazBlue. You probably would have done better as Relius, as the one round you did play him you came closer to beating me than anyone else has.

Really I thought that was just how the game was. I just don't want to get into this game as it feels really clunky. Maybe Xrd will change my mind.

Yeah, online play is hardly ever indicative of how fighting games play offline. Couch matches still have a place in the world.

TWILT

Banned
4-0 against Cyberman65 in my favor in P4A.

Good games; you have a real nice Kanji. Sooo close at that last match.

RoeBear

I would honestly be surprised if you didn't finish in the top three of BlazBlue. You probably would have done better as Relius, as the one round you did play him you came closer to beating me than anyone else has.

I was going to go Relius but last time we played you blocked everything, and that stuck in my mind. Oh well I hope top three in something, but if it doesn't happen I don't mind especially because BBCP is so close.

FluxWaveZ

Had my Persona 4 Arena round 3 "rematch" against Mo the Hawk.

Persona 4 Arena - Round 3

FluxWaveZ vs. Mo the Hawk

4 - 0

GGs, though it kind of sucks when the match intros are skipped.

Rhapsody

Banned
It might feel clunky for people used to BB (although BB feels floaty with too much buffer for me).
But yeah, 95 percent of online GG matches don't feel like GG at all because of the netcode.
Well, it depends. Raging Lion's good during 5D oki. Raw or special canceled, it's too easy to react to imo. Ziocar has some uses against Mitsuru (like 5D) or some yolo reads. If Mitsuru reads it though, fatal'ed :(

C version's definitely good as a combo ender at max range where sweep misses because it's a safe jump set up.
GGs, though it kind of sucks when the match intros are skipped.
I swear people do this to me on purpose. lol

Naite

FluxWave beat me in P4A in the saddest 4-0 ever.

I don't think it could be any more obvious but I didn't notice that that was my first time playing a Shabrys until the match began =\

Naite

Haha, there aren't too many of us.

It's ironic, I was planning on planning on picking her up at some point before dropping the game due to various reasons.

Beat AutumnAve 4-0 in BB.
GGs. You press 2A a lil too much that your punishes and combos suffer badly from them.

Uncle AJ

Used my re-play for P4A tonight against Flux. 0-4, Flux wins.

I'm only JUST NOW coming down from a salt overload. We coordinated playing this set over several days, and this is what I have to show for it. Netplay lag causing my character to do unintended actions will never not infuriate me. Not that I expected to beat Flux or anything, but that connection just made it look embarrassing for me.

With all due respect man, I'd rather not use up my re-play in GGXXAC+ against you yet. I have Google Fiber rolling into my loft any day now; once I have it, I'd like to run it back in P4A sometime. And if the quality of the connection is still no good, then I'll just give up hope on having a clean set with you. But if this Google Fiber does the trick, I'd be happy to have our GGXXAC+ re-play.

Sorry for the salt. Stop me if you've heard this before, but I know I'm better than the way I just played.

FluxWaveZ

Skipping the match intros is a big deal concerning the lag, so that might have caused some problems for you.

I didn't experience significant lag issues on my end except for at the beginning of matches.

Rhapsody

Banned
P4A Rhapsody vs Canti

0-4

Kanji has always been my achilles heel. I used to counterpick with Yosuke in tourney but I knew I was too rusty.
I knew I shouldn't have done it this time but oh well lol. GGs.

Canti.

P4A Rhapsody vs Canti

0-4

Kanji has always been my achilles heel. I used to counterpick with Yosuke in tourney but I knew I was too rusty.
I knew I shouldn't have done it this time but oh well lol. GGs.

GGs
I still have the Yu match-up freash in my mind since I played Twilt earlier in the bracket.
I found Yosuke, Chie, and Elizabeth to be great counter pick against Kanji's Yosuke, j.C is a great move to approach Kanji

Rhapsody

Banned
GGs
I still have the Yu match-up freash in my mind since I played Twilt earlier in the bracket.
I found Yosuke, Chie, and Elizabeth to be great counter pick against Kanji's Yosuke, j.C is a great move to approach Kanji

Yeah, I just like Yosuke's neutral game on Kanji rather than with Narukami.

I was thinking about Chie and Liz since I do use them too. I think the one thing that I don't like about facing Kanji is that you can't safe jump his DP along with dealing with his knockdown. Personally, I'd rather face a Chie or Narukami. lol I'm just awful on the guessing game.

Our connection was surprisingly good though. Every IB I wanted came out.

GamerJM

Banned
Okay, so from Sunday to a week from Sunday I'm going to be out of town. I'm going to have a lot of downtime and I'm going to have internet from where I'm going to be so I might bring my PS3 to play my matches but I'm not sure. But Octavian Rex, if you're reading this, it would be most convenient for me to do my matches sometime today.

Top Bottom