• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Exciting GAF Air Dashers reporting/results thread

P4A

Won 4-0 vs Autumn

If I may say something, you kept needlessly DPing in combos, it's better to use Yu's for reversals rather than using blue life on that.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
GG
4-0 vs Roe

I hate playing GG it's so free flowing that it fucks me up in everything else xD
Actually no that's just ky

That was the most fun I've had in Guilty Gear in so long. A double knockout and also that pixel comeback you had was too good. I've heard this matchup was tough, and they weren't kidding, haha. I felt like I needed to pick my zoning spots better and use bubble more.

Yeah, Dizzy is a pretty rare treat for me. Especially one that can at least ice spike FRC; so this made me particularly pleased.

Also, as you noted, it's more or less zoner versus zoner so adjustment is necessary. Though, it kinda pissed me off that Dizzy is so light she can tech out of ground flower pop up.

Busaiku

This tournament will continue to operate on Accent Core +, unless I get unanimous (obviously not including people who have dropped out entirely) consent on Accent Core +R.

Busaiku

There will be 8 rounds total, we're currently on the 3rd.
And actually, nobody in Guilty Gear has dropped out entirely yet (some have taken leaves, but are still in), so all 16 people would need to agree.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
There will be 8 rounds total, we're currently on the 3rd.
And actually, nobody in Guilty Gear has dropped out entirely yet (some have taken leaves, but are still in), so all 16 people would need to agree.

I might have to drop money down on the us release if jpn cant play us players after the patch :/

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Ove... Over my dead body!
Oh gosh, please don't hurt me.

But yeah, that patch issue might prove to be a bit iffy (JP version, too). That said, didn't they say they would allow you to switch between the two?

They said they would but still not sure if that would cause conflict with the us vesion as the game itself is a different version hopefully it works

Rhapsody

Banned
+R Dizzy? That would benefit me a ton because of all the crazy buffs she got lol

But no, I think we should stick with the current version, imo.

Onemic

Got the update. Online seems...exactly the same. Granted all my matches were with 0 bar people. Not that there were many to choose from.

Rhapsody

Banned
Looking at the GG bracket, I'm going to have big issues trying to get 2nd or possibly 3rd place. Hm... (I pretty much lost hope for the other two tourneys lol)
Got the update. Online seems...exactly the same. Granted all my matches were with 0 bar people. Not that there were many to choose from.
So were patched players able to play those without the patch? And too bad it sounds like the online didn't get better.

Onemic

Looking at the GG bracket, I'm going to have big issues trying to get 2nd or possibly 3rd place. Hm... (I pretty much lost hope for the other two tourneys lol)

So were patched players able to play those without the patch? And too bad it sounds like the online didn't get better.

Ya, I didnt think about this....I can't play Busaiku, so I'm assuming it's because of the patch.

Busaiku

So I was trying to play Karsius, and we cannot connect.
If this is the case, that means you guys with the JP version need to get the NA version.

Busaiku

TWILT, if you already got the update, let's test it.
It might have been the connection between Karsius and myself, so we need to confirm this.

Busaiku

Nope, either the NA version can no longer play the JPN version, or the AC+ only version (without the patch) cannot play the AC+R, even in AC+ mode.
Either way, those of you that updated will need to get the NA version.

Fugu

GGs, I could never handle the Litchi pressure and you sir are quite good at it :)
You actually blocked it pretty well. You let me in a lot though, which is just asking for trouble as Lambda. I blame most of this on your decision to rely a lot on Act Parser, which is about as dangerous as possible.

Busaiku

Be sure to check the brackets and let me know if I forgot to update with your results.
Most of you guys have been doing that, but just want to make sure everything's up to date.

I don't mark Byes until the end of the round.

gibration

GGs Busaiku. That was my first time going up against Teddie. I think I did pretty well even though I had no idea how to block that one super.

Joule

Karsius vs Me - 3 - 1 for him.

ggs our connection was a lot better in p4a than in Guilty Gear (unsurprisingly).

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I seriously think Narukami is top tier (with Chie). He's just so dumb lol
S. lab and Aigis are better, I just suck now. Yu destroys people that don't know how to fight him badly same for mitsuru. Chie isn't as bad as bad as yu to block as her stuff is easier to read at least for me.

Onemic

I seriously think Narukami is top tier (with Chie). He's just so dumb lol

Online Yu is like the best character in the game.

S. lab and Aigis are better, I just suck now. Yu destroys people that don't know how to fight him badly same for mitsuru. Chie isn't as bad as bad as yu to block as her stuff is easier to read at least for me.

Besides her AoA, Chie is most definitely easier to block. There's so much shit going on in Yu's vortex that it's hard to see if he's going low or high.

Rhapsody

Banned
Until the meta changes, I will stand by Chie, Yu, Mitsuru as top 3.
Online Yu is like the best character in the game.
Well, imo, offline too. Online maybe, but I can't utilize it. If the lag is bad, people somehow roll through my safejumps and stuff :(
Reminds me of how Ky is the king of online GG. Just can't react to any old overhead that's lazily thrown out when my guard gauge is nice and full.
Well, it's dumb since Yu 5D is like Ky's CSE lasting 3 times as long without any FRC requirements. Burst safe and you can't Guard Cancel reliably because you can 2 button DP clash and do whatever lol

I hate online Ky though. That 50/50 Green Sever/Stun Dipper. :(

Since this round of AC+ is coming to a close, I wanted to throw something out in light of recent developments.

Perhaps the people with patched JP copies could face off against others with the patched copies, for now at least? Yes, it'll be a hassle, but just wanted to see how others thought about it.

Top Bottom