• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EYE: Divine Cybermancy |OT| Eye For An Eye - Indie FPS/RPG, Source engine

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
eye_artwork_012111130l0.jpg

.....////initializing
.icebreaker ver. 0.34
WARP OS/3
password required:

ACCESS GRANTED

whatisitz1io.jpg

An action RPG/FPS influenced by these games:

• Xcom 1 & 2
  • Syndicate 1 & 2
  • Wipe Out
  • Doom 1,2 & 3
  • Developer's free release Syndicate black ops
  • Severance
  • Mount & Blade
  • Omnikron (Nomad Soul)
  • Vietcong
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
  • Space hulk
  • Deus Ex
  • Fallout
  • Left 4 Dead
  • Team Fortress 2

Features:
  • The multiplayer, teamplay, co-op modes directly influence solo play, and vice-versa.
  • Psychological and mental traumas management.
  • 25 weapons, different shooting modes, dynamic precision, drilling shots, iron sights, extended zoom.
  • Substantial hacking system. 9 devastatingly subtle PSI powers.
  • About 20 NPC with non-scripted, fully reactive, initiative AI.
  • Incredible physics thanks to Source Engine .
  • Excellent replayability. Dynamic environments, non-linear level progression. Random NPCs.
  • Death doesn't penalize players: no need to restart the current mission.
  • Open-level design

platformywcc.jpg

fan_pc3y6nx.jpg

gameplaygvt7.jpg

An old school FPS/RPG game with a fast-paced combat gameplay, dialogues, hacking and extensice character development. Your choices directly affect gameplay.

The player creates his character by choosing a combination of three genes of nine that will have an influence on his starting characteristics.

As the player earns experience points he can invest them into characteristic points of his avatar.

The character is represented by 8 characteristics:

Strength: Defines the weight of the equipment he can carry and the power of his hits.
Agility: Defines his speed and stealth.
Endurance: Defines physical resistances and stamina.
Accuracy: Defines his bonus to damage from long-range shots, and the weapons he can use.
PSI Force: Defines his psychic power and resistance to spells
Hacking: Defines his skills in computer hacking and his level in implants knowledge.
Mental balance: Defines his psychology and his resistance to terror.
Medicine: Defines his efficiency to heal others and himself.

story91j9.jpg

After an unending war with the metastreumonic Force, the powerful organization Secreta Secretorum you belong to is finally ready to undermine the head-strong federation, despite an intense struggle for power.

The character the player embodies wakes up in a strange cave under the New Eden megalopolis after a fight and saw his fellow teammates die. He still remembers he's a member of the weird secret society E.Y.E, itself an armed branch of the Secreta Sectretorum. This last one will attempt a coup against the all-powerful Federation, a coalition of several worlds and planets ruling with an iron fist...

screenshots0308.jpg

eye_screenshot_040a238.jpg

eye_screenshot_041lwv6.jpg

eye_screenshot_042110yl.jpg

trailerx27t.jpg

Your pretty face is going to Hell

howmuchq5p8.jpg

steam_logo_1_qu6v.gif

20$ (4 pack available)

machinep0dp.jpg

It's Source. Your toaster can run it.

But just in case:

Minimum:

Supported OS: Windows® 7 32/64-bit / Vista 32/64 / XP
Processor: Pentium 4 3.0GHz, Athlon 64 3000+ or better
Memory: 1 GB for XP / 2GB for Vista
Graphics: DirectX 9 compatible video card with 128 MB, Shader model 2.0. ATI X800, NVidia 6600 or better
Hard Drive: At least 6 GB of free space
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
Recommended:

Supported OS: Windows® 7 32/64-bit / Vista 32/64 / XP
Processor: Intel core 2 duo 2.4GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+
Memory: 1 GB for XP / 2GB for Vista
Graphics: DirectX 9 compatible video card with Shader model 3.0. NVidia 7600, ATI X1600 or better
Hard Drive: At least 6 GB of free space
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card

whomadeitnv36.jpg

These guys

People note this: they've been working and this years before Deux Ex unveiled it's dark gold art direction. Not they other way around.

garath

Looking at the gameplay trailer it looks a little... dull. But we'll see. I like the concept of campaign co-op quite a bit. I like the source engine for FPS games a lot.

The concept is very Deus Ex which isn't a bad thing at all. Curious about the price.

Herla

Finally someone makes a thread about it :D
I've been waiting for this game for months, hopefully it will release tomorrow (there's a teaser trailer with "29 July" written on it).

The developers have confirmed that it will come out before Deus Ex anyway, so if it's not that soon it will still be within the summer.

subversus

I'm making OT as soon as release date is know. What HTML tags work on GAF? I need to center images.

subversus said:
I don't know but I will buy it even if it releases on the same day.
Well not to be a hater or anything but once Deus Ex hits, for me its all main stream mass market trash all the way until next year.

thefil

Looks super cool. Being an awful person though, it will probably go on my Steam wishlist until the first 6 patches/sale.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Dude, what? This looks fucking awesome.

Been tracking it for awhile now, still need to give the free soundtrack they posted up earlier a whirl. Looks good, kinda want it, lack all funds at the moment. To the wishlist it goes!

subversus

list of influences btw

The games:

Xcom 1 & 2
Syndicate 1 & 2
Wipe Out
Doom 1,2 & 3
Our free release Syndicate black ops
Severance
Mount & Blade
Omnikron (Nomad Soul)
Vietcong
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Space hulk
Deus Ex
Fallout
Left 4 Dead
Team Fortress 2

erragal said:
Waiiiiiiiiiiit. Why didn't you quote THIS part of the article:

"Right now our wish is to a release a Mutta’ fuckin’ good game that will please players. Later we’d like it to create enough benefits for us to start a new project. Or that Bethesda or Valve buys our company, for us to appreciate girls with little virtue and coke."

because it has nothing to do with the game?

also you bolded the wrong part. I fixed it.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Not a fan of all that awkward combat text at the bottom of the screen, but other than that looks great. And we need more FPS RPGs in cyberpunk universes, so I'm there.

Unfortunately because of where I live, I can't see black and gold together and not think Saints.

Sounds more interesting than it looks tbh. Interested to see impressions.

subversus, you got me hooked into VtM: Bloodlines and you've got me hooked into this game as well - day one purchase here.

Wow at the last pic. I'm really into this style.

Bovadose

Neo Member
Rubezh said:
I had no idea this game even fucking existed. Based on those screenshots I'm suddenly very interested...

The screenshots interested me as well... but the video made me want to buy it.

subversus

we.are.the.armada said:
subversus, you got me hooked into VtM: Bloodlines and you've got me hooked into this game as well - day one purchase here.

Wow at the last pic. I'm really into this style.

haha!

I'm not sure about this game. It looks fantastic in the video but how it plays is another question. RPS will post a preview soon.

I think it will have its flaws but may turn out to be a pretty memorable experience.

robin2

I was following it too. Finally (awww yeahh) it seems to be (almost) ready for release.

The setting is simple but interesting, reminds me a bit of Requiem: Avenging Angel (similar gothic-futuristic environment).

Also, price tag should be on the low side.

subversus

Developers post in comments to RPS article.

This gives me hope:

Our crappy level in English language is wished, it’s to get an USSR/Eastern Europe style because at the moment they do the best FPS .
More seriously, all the dialogs and ingame texts have been done by an American professional translator, because our own translations were really bad before.

They're French btw.

abunai

I am gonna be drowning in games come the next few weeks. Kept an eye (heh) out for this since they released a bunch of info earlier this year, count me in.

Herla

First review is out (in french).

Apparently the game is "hardcore" (both in complexity and difficulty) and the main story lasts about 20 hours with a lot of optional content available too. Or so google says.

Herla

Sorry for the double post, but a 4pack seems to be confirmed (possibly for 60€).
Aaand...it could come out later today.

Better start making those lists?

Herla said:
Sorry for the double post, but a 4pack seems to be confirmed (possibly for 60€).

Holy shit could come out later today? four pack? I just heard of this game now and I want it so hard.

I'm not really big on coop campaigns but this sounds so hardcore. I've been fiending for these games after playing through Deus Ex and Vampire Bloodlines again.

Keasar

Wait, its going to get released? :eek:
Cool.

I remember reading about it a few years back and thought it sounded really cool. Then I thought it sounded way too cool and it probably wouldnt get done because it seemed to be very over-ambitious and projects like that rarely finish. :x

Anyway, any release date? :eek:
Edit: Wait, could come out today?! Awesome!

Herla said:

Way to build up my hopes and expectations. I'll blame you for crushing disappointment that will follow.

Herla

robin2 said:
What?! Does it come out today?

It's not confirmed, but I keep reading that date everywhere.
There's also this teaser video with "July 29, 2011" on it. I guess we'll find out in ~8 hours...

EDIT:

Lostconfused said:
Way to build up my hopes and expectations. I'll blame you for crushing disappointment that will follow.

Hey, I'll be disappointed too...isn't it fair? :p

Carcetti

I'm interested. It's probably gonna be too ambitious and horribly flawed, but that's how I like my games. If it doesn't come out today, I'll get Terraria then.

Top Bottom