• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F.B.I. Interviews Hillary Clinton Over Private Email Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fat4all

Banned
I'm certainly capable of providing a lot of evidence but am definitely not spending my Saturday doing it.

tumblr_n2hvqsYInH1qci23co1_500.gif

And water is wet, but it won't stop republican attacks on this

It will for most intents and purposes though. Of course they're not going to say "oh our bad nevermind!", of course they'll still call her crooked, untrustworthy etc. and bring this up but it's just after-the-fact griping, there's nothing to hang on to.

Monocle

Your argument certainly warrants a strong debate but the fact is not every statement gets posted with sources to back it up. This isn't a medical forum where lives hang in the balance. It's neogaf. And apparently if you say something that certain gaffers don't like, they will attempt to crucify your statement or demand labor to follow it up

I'm certainly capable of providing a lot of evidence but am definitely not spending my Saturday doing it. Look up my post history, sometimes I oblige these antsy domination types. And then they simply quit posting in the thread. No thanks
Why not take ten minutes to post a little evidence? You'd know better than anyone where to find the relevant posts in your post history.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Translation: get down to business or don't even post

Well yea. Posting meaningful discussion is kinda a cornerstone of what separates GAF from a place like reddit. Drive by shit posting lowers the standards of discussion. Following that up by telling everyone questioning you to fuck off and do their own research to gain insight on your shitty drive by post makes your shitty trolling even worse.

rjinaz

Your argument certainly warrants a strong debate but the fact is not every statement gets posted with sources to back it up. This isn't a medical forum where lives hang in the balance. It's neogaf. And apparently if you say something that certain gaffers don't like, they will attempt to crucify your statement or demand labor to follow it up

I'm certainly capable of providing a lot of evidence but am definitely not spending my Saturday doing it. Look up my post history, sometimes I oblige these antsy domination types. And then they simply quit posting in the thread. No thanks

So basically, it's not that I can't it's just I'd win the argument anyway so what's the point?

You have been taking notes from Donald Trump I see.

Well yea. Posting meaningful discussion is kinda a cornerstone of what separates GAF from a place like reddit. Drive by shit posting lowers the standards of discussion. Following that up by telling everyone questioning you to fuck off and do their own research to gain insight on your shitty drive by post makes your shitty trolling even worse.

This is important. However, that doesn't mean we are a scientific or medical cornerstone of knowledge. If we were I wouldn't feel comfortable posting my most accessible thoughts. What I said ruffled a ton of feathers. Gaf right now is 98% percent Hillary, 1% trump and 1% Bernie.

Oh shit, wait I need to back that up with sources...

cdyhybrid

This is important. However, that doesn't mean we are a scientific or medical cornerstone of knowledge. If we were I wouldn't feel comfortable posting my most accessible thoughts. What I said ruffled a ton of feathers. Gaf right now is 98% percent Hillary, 1% trump and 1% Bernie.

Oh shit, wait I need to back that up with sources...
Have some conviction in your thoughts breh.

Plenty of people believe a lot of things. You notably shy away from pointing out where this is common on GAF, though, which falls in line with your growing habit of shitposting in threads in lieu of actually contributing to discussions. Maybe you should give the snark a rest.

Edit-

Nevermind. I provided a reasonable explanation, but I am withdrawing it. After coming back to this thread after I first posted, I see that I don't think I will be a good fit for this place. I made what were, in my mind, some innocuous joke posts that I didn't think anyone would take offense to. I was obviously incorrect.

If I offended anyone, sorry. Someone can ban me if they like.

Take it easy.

Sorry but I have opinions that are pretty inflammatory and I'm not going to do $35/hr caliber research just to win an argument against a gaffer. Hell even 3-5 shill gaffers

People are asking for you to provide the bare minimum expected of someone making a very serious claim of corruption in the F.B.I.

Sorry but I have opinions that are pretty inflammatory and I'm not going to do $35/hr caliber research just to win an argument against a gaffer. Hell even 3-5 shill gaffers

ARE YOU GOING TO DEPLOY THE PENTAGOD DOCUMENT OR WHAT?

As a swede I see Bernie Sanders as the best future for america though (get your shit together on tax funded health care, tax funded tuition, vacation days, employment rights and meternety leave), but that option seems to be gone now.

Sentences like this frustrate me because they oversimplify the reality that thirty-one states and Congress are controlled by Republicans.

Get your shit together! This is easy to solve!

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Edit-

Nevermind. I provided a reasonable explanation, but I am withdrawing it. After coming back to this thread after I first posted, I see that I don't think I will be a good fit for this place. I made what were, in my mind, some innocuous joke posts that I didn't think anyone would take offense to. I was obviously incorrect.

If I offended anyone, sorry. Someone can ban me if they like.

Take it easy.

Were you joking with that Benghazi video thing too? Cause I legitimately would like an answer to the original question.

Torokil

I'm just glad you can run for president while being under criminal investigation by the FBI. Abuelas breaking so many barriers.

Sentences like this frustrate me because they oversimplify the reality that thirty-one states and Congress are controlled by Republicans.

Get your shit together! This is easy to solve!

Yeah its hilarious. Its amazing how so many Euros on this board think they know exactly what is best for the US.

Gattsu25

Banned
Bahahahahahahaha

Damn, I guess I deserved that for asking for a source from an obvious shitpost.

Next time someone comes around spouting tales from their ass, it's all on the people reading it to know not to ask for any backing information instead of being on the person spouting unsubstantiated claims to have to back up their own "facts".
Yeah and you know damn well that what you called me out on takes hours to even start the ticker on the discussion. I leave it at that and I assume the future will shed some light on the situation
This is how conspiracy theories are born.

Any result other than the result that you want is evidence of a conspiracy.
The absence of evidence is further proof for the conspiracy.
Confirmation that there is no conspiracy would also likely be further proof for the conspiracy.
The only evidence that would matter is evidence that further promotes the conspiracy.

Sad.

If she does get indicted I wonder what the DNC would do. Can they just straight nominate Joe Biden to get around having to go with Bernie?

I'm just glad you can run for president while being under criminal investigation by the FBI. Abuelas breaking so many barriers.

For those of you unfamiliar, Trump fans call Hillary "Abuela" as a way to combine their misogyny and racism into one stupid nickname (see, the joke is referencing the fact that those dirty Mexicans like her).

They are fascinating people.

-MB-

Translation: Want to spout nonsense on the board but not back it up with facts because there are none, so just make up bs excuses and attack those who call you out on it.

Toxi

Banned
For those of you unfamiliar, Trump fans call Hillary "Abuela" as a way to combine their misogyny and racism into one stupid nickname (see, the joke is referencing the fact that those dirty Mexicans like her).

It's actually a reference to a hilariously awkward Clinton campaign piece "7 Things Clinton has in Common with Your Abuela".

Though Trump certainly is not wanting in racist, misogynist fans.

ApharmdX

Banned
At this point it's obvious that there will be no indictment. This is not the same as clearing Hillary of wrongdoing. Based on the information we currently have, she did do wrong. She's admitted fault but of course stopped short of saying that she broke the law. At this point I'm pulling for her to get off without being charged simply because the chaos that her arrest would create has greater repercussions than Hillary transmitting classified national security data through improper channels or failing as head of the State Department to pass over records.

What a fucked up situation, and totally unnecessary. I don't think the Clintons can help themselves. Having so much power for so long, I don't think they care about ethics, not at all. It makes me extremely uncomfortable to consider someone with absolutely no guiding principles in the White House, but here we are with Trump as the alternative.

Cromwell

Banned
Yeah, dude. I just turned 14 but I watched the news once.

SMH

Like I care what the fucking GOP have to say about Hillary.

Oh, right, because it doesn't fit your "free pass" narrative which is actually completely made up and not true.

Translation: Want to spout nonsense on the board but not back it up with facts because there are none, so just make up bs excuses and attack those who call you out on it.

Dude was practically begging for a ban with that post.

Maledict

At this point it's obvious that there will be no indictment. This is not the same as clearing Hillary of wrongdoing. Based on the information we currently have, she did do wrong. She's admitted fault but of course stopped short of saying that she broke the law. At this point I'm pulling for her to get off without being charged simply because the chaos that her arrest would create has greater repercussions than Hillary transmitting classified national security data through improper channels or failing as head of the State Department to pass over records.

What a fucked up situation, and totally unnecessary. I don't think the Clintons can help themselves. Having so much power for so long, I don't think they care about ethics, not at all. It makes me extremely uncomfortable to consider someone with absolutely no guiding principles in the White House, but here we are with Trump as the alternative.

On this one, it's less 'the Clintons' and more 'everyone who used email'. It was a practice done by multiple senior officials at state, including former SoS.

Fox Mulder

That may be true now, but it actually originated as a dumb thing from Clintons campaign.

Foolworm

Finally. She's been subject to the longest and most high profile smear campaign in well, US political history but the sorry truth is that this won't be the last of it. She's pretty much been dragged along the Mississippi and back. There's an entire cottage industry dedicated to digging into the Clinton's history for dirt.

If the Democrats were as devoted to character assassination, Trump should be terrified of being lynched by angry mobs wherever he goes.

Mattenth

I find it fascinating that many of y'all cannot even believe in the remote possibility of an indictment.

If you stop listening to Hillary's narrative and look at the time line of the investigation, the statements made by Datto Inc., and the reporters who've been consistently ahead of the game, the investigation becomes very, very concerning.

What did the FBI find when they got all of her personal emails last November?

Wallach

I find it fascinating that many of y'all cannot even believe in the remote possibility of an indictment.

If you stop listening to Hillary's narrative and look at the time line of the investigation, the statements made by Datto Inc., and the reporters who've been consistently ahead of the game, the investigation becomes very, very concerning.

What did the FBI find when they got all of her personal emails last November?

You don't even need to account for Clinton's narrative whatsoever. The FBI wouldn't be waiting on anything if they thought they could get a conviction, which is the only reason they would ever advise indictment to the DOJ. They continue to wait, ergo, they don't have anything.

Mattenth

You don't even need to account for Clinton's narrative whatsoever. The FBI wouldn't be waiting on anything if they thought they could get a conviction, which is the only reason they would ever advise indictment to the DOJ. They continue to wait, ergo, they don't have anything.

No. The FBI has way more incentive to see how far the rabbit hole goes before recommending indictments. Hillary is a public figure and certainly not a flight risk. Going early could risk other criminals fleeing or trigger other cover ups (thus why investigations are typically secret).

If there's a smoking gun in her personal emails, they would fully investigate. Investigations gather as much evidence as they can, even if the first thing they find is enough to convict.

Again, I'm not saying it's likely to happen. But there are some real concerns here.

Wallach

No. The FBI has way more incentive to see how far the rabbit hole goes before recommending indictments. Hillary is a public figure and certainly not a flight risk. Going early could risk other criminals fleeing or trigger other cover ups (thus why investigations are typically secret).

If there's a smoking gun in her personal emails, they would fully investigate.

Again, I'm not saying it's likely to happen. But there are some real concerns here.

The FBI would never in a million years recommend indictment to the DOJ if they cannot guarantee a conviction. The fact that they even got to the point where they interviewed Clinton herself and have not yet advised indictment says everything. There's nothing coming. If there was a smoking gun in her personal e-mails, we wouldn't be at this point. They wouldn't be sitting on that kind of evidence for this long.

The FBI would never in a million years recommend indictment to the DOJ if they cannot guarantee a conviction. The fact that they even got to the point where they interviewed Clinton herself and have not yet advised indictment says everything. There's nothing coming. If there was a smoking gun in her personal e-mails, we wouldn't be at this point. They wouldn't be sitting on that kind of evidence for this long.

What? They still have review and cross-check the interview, that takes time. I don't think anything will happen, but lots of blind assumptions around here.

Mattenth

That's just not how investigations work. They're interviewing her to see how the evidence stacks up against her side of the story and see where she refuses to answer questions. They also get a chance for her to lie and commit another felony.

TV shows portray it differently, often because investigations center on violent crime (in which you want the criminal off the streets ASAP) or because the target is a flight risk.

But the default for investigations, especially white-collar ones, is a slow and steady investigation that ends with confronting the person at the very end with evidence and seeing how they respond.

The fact that she's being interviewed now is worse. If there was no evidence of wrongdoing, they wouldn't have bothered to interview her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom