• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F.B.I. Interviews Hillary Clinton Over Private Email Server

Status
Not open for further replies.
Independents don't exist, nearly everyone is partisan and Bernie does not have much of a following with minorities, who are the ones that are carrying the last two elections in terms of swing states.

Bernie is not vetted, Bernie is completely untested, Bernie has plenty of dirt from his past that will be brought up. His comments from 30 years ago (that he recently refused to walk back) about praising Cuba alone could easily hand Florida to Trump.

You think Bernie would willingly be Veep to Jill Stein?

That's a good joke

Also all of this. Really hits the nail on the head.

Erasus

Sad to see people joking about this.
What she did is very serious. She set up her own email server to use for government classified documents. That server did not have an SSL cert for a while, it also had VNC and RDP ports open TO THE INTERNET on default ports! Outlook Web Access was turned on.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/10/14/hillarys_sysadmin_next_to_the_pillory/
Scans of a server that identified itself as clintonemail.com in August and December 2012 showed open ports for RDP and VNC. In March 2012, Microsoft warned that RDP was likely to be attacked, and in October of the same year Verizon warned that RDP's default Port 3389 was among the most-scanned on the Internet.

Here is what open VNC servers look like. You see the entire screen, works like Teamviewer in a way, but the person setting it up needs to secure it. Hint: You can take these IP adresses, download a VNC viewer and connect to the servers if they are up and have not fixed it.
https://worldofvnc.net/

Her IT staff had to shut down the server because it was getting hacked ffs!
http://arstechnica.com/information-...-by-spam-filters-so-state-it-turned-them-off/
The latest batch of documents obtained by Judicial Watch also includes an e-mail from Justin Cooper, the former aide to President Bill Clinton who set up the private mail server for Clinton and her staff at State, to Abedin, explaining that the server had been shut down briefly because "we were attacked again." He explained further in a follow-up e-mail, "I had to shut down the server…Someone was trying to hack us and while they did not get in I didn't want to let them have the chance. I will restart it in the morning."

China and Russia have a full dump of those emails, guaranteed.
All because she did not want to use a PC for certain secure email.
And if those emails are on her server, information requests are not valid.
http://arstechnica.com/information-...ther-case-of-the-entitled-executive-syndrome/

Im not a US citizen and I also do not want Trump to win. Would much rather have Clinton as the next US president, but she or her staff needs to stand for this.With so much of policy, communication and important decisions happening over email, they need to be secured.
As a swede I see Bernie Sanders as the best future for america though (get your shit together on tax funded health care, tax funded tuition, vacation days, employment rights and meternety leave), but that option seems to be gone now.

Blader

And people will still defend her horrible mishandling of privileged information. When they don't indict her, she'll still have set up a private server without permission to dodge FOIA requests
Who defends it? I think everyone agrees it was a fuck up and an error in judgment. Acknowledging that and believing she should be indicted on criminal charges are not mutually inclusive views.

Independents don't exist, nearly everyone is partisan and Bernie does not have much of a following with minorities, who are the ones that are carrying the last two elections in terms of swing states.

You really think minorities would choose Trump over Bernie? C'mon now. Everyone would grit their teeth and back the nom, the same way Bernie supporters are gritting their teeth right now with Hillary.

Biden is a possibility, but that really depends on if his family would want that.

BokehKing

Banned
Problem is you expect someone who wants to be president next election cycle to be thorough. Cutting corners and not following safety protocol 100% is something would expect from Trump or his cabinet due to total inexperience. She's been playing the game of thrones a loooooooong time. She should know better.

Yes I understand others have done this in the past, but they aren't running for president of our country.

With that said I'm expecting Obama to pardon her if anything happens, there will be barrasment but she will recover by November, because her opponent is a moron that will just keep saying stupid shit that will make people forget.

cdyhybrid

What she did is very serious. She set up her own email server to use for government classified documents. That server did not have an SSL cert for a while, it also had VNC and RDP ports open TO THE INTERNET on default ports! Outlook Web Access was turned on.

Here is what open VNC servers look like. You see the entire screen, works like Teamviewer in a way, but the person setting it up needs to secure it. Hint: You can take these IP adresses, download a VNC viewer and connect to the servers if they are up and have not fixed it.

http://arstechnica.com/information-...-by-spam-filters-so-state-it-turned-them-off/

http://arstechnica.com/information-...ther-case-of-the-entitled-executive-syndrome/

Im not a US citizen and I also do not want Trump to win. Would much rather have Clinton as the next US president, but she or her staff needs to stand for this.With so much of policy, communication and important decisions happening over email, they need to be secured.
As a swede I see Bernie Sanders as the best future for america though (get your shit together on tax funded health care, tax funded tuition, vacation days, employment rights and meternety leave), but that option seems to be gone now.
Perhaps you should be directing your ire at the media and politicians that turned this into a circus.

BokehKing

Banned
Perhaps you should be directing your ire at the media and politicians that turned this into a circus.
We elect these people to represent us
Democrat, Republican, tea party, libertarian
When we vote for them we expect them to do their job, if someone is not doing their job properly, we have the right to know, they are there because of us and if we want we can replace those people, voting is important.

In Secretary Clintons case, she was not elected to this position but appointed. Co-signed by our President, if we just shrug our shoulders at this, does it not set a precedence that an occasional fuck up is ok?

I've seen people get fired for less for not protecting patient information. This is classified stuff, whether or not the information was about home cooking recipes or aliens doing experiments on Jimmy Hoffa in the mountains of Montana, we are expected to follow protocol.

We all work, we know what the rules are at work and what we can or can not do.

She will probably become president, but it does not change the fact that it was not just a ¯_(ツ)_/¯ of the shoulders screw up.

pigeon

Banned
I think they should probably indict Hillary.

There's no other way to make this election look competitive enough to convince GOP donors to waste money on it.

When Hillary becomes president she can just pardon herself from her jail cell.

Slightly more seriously, this is actually a good post:

Bernie was never a real option.

But it's true to say that Clinton is 100% guilty of having shitty IT and that's not great. Not criminal, but, like, hopefully this serves as a wake up call for both her and the US government in general to improve their IT practices.

Remember that the original reason she set up the server in the first place was that Secret Service IT said it would be too much trouble to get her the same secured Blackberry that Obama has.

royalan

Problem is you expect someone who wants to be president next election cycle to be thorough. Cutting corners and not following safety protocol 100% is something would expect from Trump or his cabinet due to total inexperience. She's been playing the game of thrones a boooooooong time. She should know better.

Yes I understand others have done this in the past, but they aren't running for president of our country.

With that said I'm expecting Obama to pardon her if anything happens, there will be barrasment but she will recover by November, because her opponent is a moron that will just keep saying stupid shit that will make people forget.

It's not just that others were doing it "in the past." Plenty of people were doing it even at the time. I mean, why do you think Hillary Clinton functioned as the SoS of 4 years, communicated HEAVILY through email, and yet nobody made an issue out of her using a non .gov email address until years AFTER she left office? The report that came out a month ago confirmed that she wasn't the only one doing this.

It's not to excuse her, but so far this investigation has turned up no illegal activity on Hillary's part. What this amounts to is Hillary not following a work policy, not breaking the law, selling government secrets, colluding with China, or anything else that extremists and conspiracy nuts want to postulate.

If there IS anything noteworthy to come out of this "scandal," it's how absolutely antiquated our government was at the time, and CONTINUES to be, when it comes to technology. Frankly, that's what everyone SHOULD be discussing. THAT should be the big outrage here -- that our government still largely functions on systems that were set up in the damn 90s.

But nope. Gotta get to the bottom of Hillary's emails.

Nikodemos

Remember that the original reason she set up the server in the first place was that Secret Service IT said it would be too much trouble to get her the same secured Blackberry that Obama has.
That's a Grade A fuckup on the part of SS.

cdyhybrid

We elect these people to represent us
Democrat, Republican, tea party, libertarian
When we vote for them we expect them to do their job, if someone is not doing their job properly, we have the right to know, they are there because of us and if we want we can replace those people, voting is important.

In Secretary Clintons case, she was not elected to this position but appointed. Co-signed by our President, if we just shrug our shoulders at this, does it not set a precedence that an occasional fuck up is ok?

I've seen people get fired for less for not protecting patient information. This is classified stuff, whether or not the information was about home cooking recipes or aliens doing experiments on Jimmy Hoffa in the mountains of Montana, we are expected to follow protocol.

We all work, we know what the rules are at work and what we can or can not do.

She will probably become president, but it does not change the fact that it was not just a ¯_(ツ)_/¯ of the shoulders screw up.
I must say, I'm impressed that you managed to hammer out all those sentences and paragraphs while completely ignoring the post you quoted.

BokehKing

Banned
It's not just that others were doing it "in the past." Plenty of people were doing it even at the time. I mean, why do you think Hillary Clinton functioned as the SoS of 4 years, communicated HEAVILY through email, and yet nobody made an issue out of her using a non .gov email address until years AFTER she left office? The report that came out a month ago confirmed that she wasn't the only one doing this.

It's not to excuse her, but so far this investigation has turned up no illegal activity on Hillary's part. What this amounts to is Hillary not following a work policy, not breaking the law, selling government secrets, colluding with China, or anything else that extremists and conspiracy nuts want to postulate.

If there IS anything noteworthy to come out of this "scandal," it's how absolutely draconian our government was at the time, and CONTINUES to be, when it comes to technology. Frankly, that's what everyone SHOULD be discussing. THAT should be the big outrage here -- that our government still largely functions on systems that were set up in the damn 90s.

But nope. Gotta get to the bottom of Hillary's emails.
Well then in that case this should be a smear on this administration if everyone was doing it.

It's funny, when Obama was first elected into office I remember him being addicted to his blackberry (as we all were back then) and the SS were trying to tell him he couldn't use it due to the software not being secure enough etc etc. For them to be so on top of security concerns before his first day in office, till now were there seems to be this lackadaisical attitude towards p&p in regard to security.

Maybe Hillart becoming president is a good thing for security, with the pressure she will come under from the Right, maybe she will invest in some current day security measures that can be used by future presidents going forward instead of like you said.....software from the 90's.

BokehKing

Banned
I must say, I'm impressed that you managed to hammer out all those sentences and paragraphs while completely ignoring the post you quoted.
What in regards to the media circus? I addressed it in the first few sentences, we have a right to know what's going on with our elected officials. If that means coverage, so be it.

If you mean the politicians? It's the game politicians play, if one side messes up, the other attacks, they will be doing this to each other until the end of days.

SuperSah

Banned
giphy.gif

What a gif.

source?

cdyhybrid

What in regards to the media circus? I addressed it in the first few sentences, we have a right to know what's going on with our elected officials. If that means coverage, so be it.
And I never said we shouldn't have a right to know.

The fact is that the investigation is ongoing and any commentary that happens in the meantime is purely speculation - thus, a circus.

Let's be real, there's a very slim chance that the investigation results in any meaningful conclusion as far as having an effect on the Presidential race. But that hasn't stopped people from endlessly speculating on it with nothing to base their speculation on.

I can't even imagine how people will react if nothing happens. There is a significant number of people who have decided without a doubt she will be in prison any day now.

I think it's the opposite actually. I think most people around the world have no idea about this email scandal or what it entails so if she was to be indicted that would be huge international news.

Good. One thing Hillary is good at is handling things person to person. Look how she handled the 11 hour Benghazi witch hunt. I expect the investigation to close down very soon because of this.

Wait, so why wasn't Loretta forced fo recuse herself?
I don't believe there is anything illegal, having lunch with the husband of someone you are investigating for possible indictment. Stupid as heck, yes. Even from a voluntary step-down perspective...she's the AG, who is going to force her to step down from the investigation, Obama? All that said, I'd like to see her step away and let one of her subordinates take the reigns, but that isn't a good look for an AG especially considering the superstar status Hilary has (top lawyer wants to oversee big federal investigation involving super-powerful person and such)

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Seeing people make excuses for the email nonsense as well as lying to families about the cause for Benghazi has been surreal

Forget the email. I'd like to hear more about this so-called "lying" to the families of Benghazi.

No, seriously. I've been waiting years for someone Benghazier to answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom