• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fable: 40-Min Video Interviews/Feature

http://games.kikizo.com/features/fable_vidint_feature.asp

Our recent visit to Lionhhead's Guildford, UK-based studio offered more than just hands-on time with the Microsoft-published milestone action RPG. We sat down for Fable-flavoured interviews with all these guys:

Key Interviewees
- Peter Molyneux (Lionhead Founder, Director)
- Dene Carter (Co-MD of Big Blue Box, Lead Designer)
- Simon Carter (Co-MD of Big Blue Box, Lead Programmer)
- James Leach (Writer)
Additional Interviewees
- Kareem Ettouney (Concept Artist)
- Andy Robson (Head of Testing)
- Nathan Smethurst (Assistant Head of Testing)
- Sam van Tilburgh (Community Manager)

The result is this gigantic, 40-minute video interview, slash behind-the-scenes-feature. We take you around the legendary studio and go in depth on everything you need to know about Fable in one extra special, spoiler-free, ultra-exclusive video presentation.

Expect to learn exclusive stuff about all of the following:

- What does freedom mean? How free is the player in Fable?
- How is the team feeling in the very final stages of development?
- Just how hard has the team been working?
- Has the experience of making Fable been what Peter expected?
- How has Fable changed since the start? What was taken out, what was added?
- Is the story the central element or is it about what the player has actually done?
- How does the story fit into a game where you can do almost anything?
- What are the five different AI systems? How do they work?
- Is the lead character still going to be changed for the Japanese release, as was once planned?
- How was the story written? Meet the writer!
- How the hell were over 160,000 words of speech included?!
- How deep does the interactivity go? How well do the NPCs remember you?
- Easter egg-style lines of speech, swearing, sexual content!
- The aspect of fear about the hype that exists - are expectations too high?
- Save points - how does it work? Is it continuous, chapter based, what?
- How does Fable align to other Japanese and western RPGs?
- Did you borrow ideas or start totally from scratch?
- What makes Fable fundamentally different from other RPGs?
- How does the reward system work?
- Fable - the hippie game?!
- The stats kept on record during the game are ridiculous, what's the deal?
- How does 2D artwork fit into the game?
- What didn't you include that you might include in Fable 2?
- Is this the best RPG ever, Peter?
- And Peter, what do you say to your detractors who say you always over promise at the start of a project?

It's the ultimate Fable feature and an absolute must-watch for every Xbox owner (and anyone who'll quite possibly be pushed to get one once they learn how fantastic Fable really is). Lots of brand new game footage is included.

But there's still more to come: We've got ANOTHER, massive interview on the way with game deign legend Peter Molyneux, focussing on everything else that's happening at Lionhead right now, including their tantalising, top-secret projects, wider opinions on all sorts of industry matters, and lots more. It's this year's ultimate Molyneux interview, exclusively on Kikizo hopefully next week. Don't miss it, and in the meantime, enjoy this video download!

http://games.kikizo.com/features/fable_vidint_feature.asp

Mareg

Thx a lot, I was looking foward to a video interview of this game. I'm curently downloading.
Will comment afterwards.

Mareg

Bump... no really, everyone has to see THIS. Sorry if its old but I'm now more then hyped toward this game. Did you eared the music theme, its BraveHeart quality. Long live Fable.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
well it would help if

a) kikizo media server would work when big media is released and
b) blueyonder would work PERIOD

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I was able to view it, and was impressed with the info. Hadn't really kept up with the game, but now it's definitly up "on the list" now.

Mareg

DopeyFish said:
well it would help if

a) kikizo media server would work when big media is released and
b) blueyonder would work PERIOD

Mmmmh, interesting since I downloaded it at about 250k/sec about 1hour ago. The stream didn't start but it wasn't my intention to look at it that way. I wanted it as a wmp file.

Mareg

Lonestar said:
I was able to view it, and was impressed with the info. Hadn't really kept up with the game, but now it's definitly up "on the list" now.

Yep, those 2 programmer are crazy... I think it will shape up to be quite a good game. And I'm actually happy Mr. Molenux droped some of the early features intended. I really think some of them where not ment to be part of an RPG. For instance, I'm really happy that they incorporate a suposely good story and that their is actually a linear path that you "can" follow. Not a linear game at heart, but it's there for people that want a consistant scenario !

Mareg said:
Mmmmh, interesting since I downloaded it at about 250k/sec about 1hour ago. The stream didn't start but it wasn't my intention to look at it that way. I wanted it as a wmp file.

It's working just finr for me as well, that includes right now. The Blueyonder media server seems totally stable most of the time. Weird.

Mareg

DopeyFish said:
I'm on Retry #150.

Blueyonder sucks.

Well I just tried it and it worked flawlessly. I right clicked on the dowload and it started big time at 200k sec and going up.

Think the problem might be ... you.

TekunoRobby said:
Kikizo did this by themselves!?

Wow what an awesome video, A MUST DOWNLOAD!

Yes.
And yes, I would say this is definitely one of Kikizo's best video features so far.
"Text schmext!"

DopeyFish said:
I'm using Sympatico (BELL Canada)

Are they connected to Earthjlink in any way (network/bandwidth/commerically)?

I will see if they can set up a mirror for you as this is something you gotta see. Might take a while though and it will prob be a slower download.

DopeyFish

KyotoMecca said:
Are they connected to Earthjlink in any way (network/bandwidth/commerically)?

I will see if they can set up a mirror for you as this is something you gotta see. Might take a while though and it will prob be a slower download.

no, no, no.

This is bell canada dude, the inventor of the telephone you're talking about here! they have more class than to attach themselves to such a crap network like earthlink :p the http mirrors for other sites seem to work, but the ftp mirror is messed up

DopeyFish said:
no, no, no.

This is bell canada dude, the inventor of the telephone you're talking about here! they have more class than to attach themselves to such a crap network like earthlink :p the http mirrors for other sites seem to work, but the ftp mirror is messed up

Funny I thought the inventor of the telephone was British, perhaps Bell Canada is just using the name? ;-) (I don't know either way but what the hell)

That was GREAT!

Excitment over Fable +1000

I really really hope the game turns out to be as good as the creators are saying it is.

DopeyFish

KyotoMecca said:
Funny I thought the inventor of the telephone was British, perhaps Bell Canada is just using the name? ;-) (I don't know either way but what the hell)

woops :p i got confuzzled born in scotland, citizenship in USA, invented the phone in Canada, first call in USA, first overseas call in Canada to europe o_O

It was being a problem for me as well, but only in Mozilla and SDP. As soon as I put the URL into GetRight it was smooth sailing. I also have a Canadian ISP (Cogeco).

DopeyFish

i disconnected and reconnected my internet... i think they had my ip blocked because it's working now :)

dorio

Banned
Downloaded flawlessly for me and now I'm definitely picking this up after seeing those videos. Gorgeous, innovative game.

ferricide said:
quite a likable guy to drink a pint with.

and the other, gayer one, with the ponytail and claws and big rings?

notice how PM didnt say that it was the best RPG ever anymore and claims he was misqouted. whereas i witnessed Peter say that it 'will be 11 out of 10'.

perhaps spining it down?

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
He didnt say he was misquoted he said "I said that was our goal" and pointed out that its not for him to say if its the best RPG ever, its down to the player.

You can tell that they are nervous about the public reaction but that seems like a totally natural reaction when the game has been hyped up for 4 years straight.

Templar Wizard said:
and the other, gayer one, with the ponytail and claws and big rings?

perhaps spining it down?

Otherway round dude. Dene is the deigner with the ponytail. Simon is the programmer who was on the right.

pilonv1

Awesome video, it's always good to get to hear from the minds behind the game talk about the actual design of the game, not just vague PR talk. As for "11/10" maybe not, but for me it's the only game from this current generation that has a chance to get 10/10 in Edge (I think Halo 2 will end up with a 9 ;))

Watched it last night before bed. I'm very excited about this one, I doubt it wiill be a 10/10, but a high 8 is more than enough for me for an action rpg.

Unless there are fundamental problems with the game, this game's score will probably vary pretty wildly given the freeform nature of the design. No one's gonna play exactly like another. Oh and great vid. I'm actually anticipating it a bit more even though I've already got it on preorder..

eso76

DopeyFish said:
woops :p i got confuzzled born in scotland, citizenship in USA, invented the phone in Canada, first call in USA, first overseas call in Canada to europe o_O

Kyotomecca said:

Doh...
The inventor of the telephone is the ITALIAN Antonio Meucci.
A few years ago Wester Union finally admitted that they stole his prototypes...

Near the end? Yes.
Some wild shit in this game, that's for sure.

I say: Fable rules the school. I predict high 8s and low 9s.

Hmmm. I haven't heard any such talk from anyone who's played it. However it is true to say that the story is one of the few elements that the press has not yet been able to savour in full, so that is one of the few remaining wildcard aspects of the game that will determine the scores. Either way though, this looks utterly purchasable.

DopeyFish

everyone says it's "huge"

the map is approximately 1/3 the size of morrowind... just not as devoid of everything.

approximately 2,000 acres compared to 6,000 acres.

sounds good to me

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
adelgary said:
That was GREAT!

Excitment over Fable +1000

I really really hope the game turns out to be as good as the creators are saying it is.
I totally agree.

I'm glad this game seems to have turned out well. I had my doubts for a while there.

Top Bottom