• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 2.0: The Return of the Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wazzy

Banned
^ It's definitely the best thing from the compilation.

Ugh. AC and everything from it...

Tifa's a boss.

Sour grapes aside, I did like the super hero fight between Cloud and Sephiroth.

I liked that mullet!

But to be fair I was thinking of that odd look they gave him in Dissidia. Not the one he had in FF8 which is just fine to me.
Yeah I don't hate Dissidia's design but they made him look like a child. He's more skinny, looks less male(which would be fine if he was a new character) and the outfit is a combination of his original and amano which is dumb since the game was supposed to do amano designs only.
Crisis Core is also the one time where having Cloud be all emo/unsure was appropriate outside of Advent Children.

I actually really liked Cloud in CC. Nice seeing his insecure and failure self.

TrueGrime

The fuck is all of this

ffviiremake04.jpg

G-Fex

I know this is a bit off topic but...I really regret selling my digital devil saga games. I'm an idiot.

Least I kept Nocturne

Wazzy

Banned
It'll never happen bro. At least they made that tech demo. Cock tease is better than no cock tease.

final-fantasy-vii-remake.jpg

Yeah but in order for VII remake to work they need to do the anime style rather than the AC realistic look.

VII's characters do not pull realism off at all.

MutFox

Banned
FFVI is my fave...
Didn't like 7 as much,
sorta stopped playing after not liking 7 that much...

Still want to play 8, though I kinda want to own it on Steam instead of the PS3...

Turin

Banned
Yeah but in order for VII remake to work they need to do the anime style rather than the AC realistic look.

Some of them looked good. Others didn't. I think it depends. They could do anime or they could go full realistic instead of half way like they did with AC and anything else that animated them in CG.

I dunno man you must have missed the blue balls convo we had here yesterday. ):

Yeah. I disappeared for less than a day and 7 pages went by just like that. O_O

TrueGrime

I hope you came back to us thirsty.

Hahaha, I remember this.

I don't believe she even got permission to use Advent Children in that music video and she ended up getting sued.

No fucking way. By SE?? I think SE issued a cease and desist letter to a fan who was doing a FF7 remake themselves.

Few companies know how to shit on their fans like Square.

NinjaBoiX

I know this is a bit off topic but...I really regret selling my digital devil saga games. I'm an idiot.

Least I kept Nocturne
I sold my entire PS360 collection before I moved down Manchester. Just got my PS4 and a handful of games now.

Feels good man.
Hey Ninj, does this blend your smoothie?

Yuna - Mountains
Yeah man, that was lush. The vocal harmonies are gorgeous. Enjoyed muchly.

I meant to post this last night, guess I'll post it now:

Joey Bada$$ - Waves

Super smooth, love this. Horrible handle though!

Wazzy

Banned
Some of them looked good. Others didn't. I think it depends. They could do anime or they could go full realistic instead of half way like they did with AC and anything else that animated them in CG.

The only characters that pulled it off were characters who already weren't completely anime looking.

I know people like Tifa's AC look but it doesn't look like her at all. Cloud looks awful as does Sephiroth and Vincent too.

Cid looked good, Barret was okay, Red XIII was meh and Yuffie looked good.

MutFox

Banned

Yeah, IMO cel shading like below should be used,
but with a darker/realistic anime style.
tumblr_n6yk2sh3ng1qcbq9jo3_r1_500.gif

With the current power of of the consoles,
you could make amazing looking anime style games...
Cel Shading isn't as taxing on rendering...

Turin

Banned
Time for a Bebop gif.

giphy.gif

The only characters that pulled it off were characters who already weren't completely anime looking.

I know people like Tifa's AC look but it doesn't look like her at all. Cloud looks awful as does Sephiroth and Vincent too.

Cid looked good, Barret was okay, Red XIII was meh and Yuffie looked good.

As I said they couldn't hold back on the realistic thing if they were to go that route but it's Square so they'd never do it right.

NinjaBoiX

Oh Ninja..

aren't you going to miss them?
X2H8mfs.jpg

Yeah, probably, a bit later on. But I just didn't want to clutter up our new place with stacks and stacks of games and consoles.

Plus, I barely play games anymore. And £400+ in my sky rocket is pretty sweet.

It was the right decision Fex, I'm sure of it!

Turin

Banned
Yeah, IMO cel shading like below should be used,
but with a darker/realistic anime style.
tumblr_n6yk2sh3ng1qcbq9jo3_r1_500.gif

With the current power of of the consoles,
you could make amazing looking anime style games...
Cel Shading isn't as taxing on rendering...

I'd be so down for this but alas.......

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Wazzy was never on Tinder, she's lying.

I'd have seen her.

WAZZY YOU ARE SUCH A LIAR

edit: unless she's only into girls, that is. fair enough if so.

Wazzy

Banned
There is one time SE got it right and that was that awful web series for VII that a group wanted to make for profit. Not only did it look terrible but it was for profit and that's really silly.

I'd have seen her.

Gorl, I talk about men all the time. :(

Also I never got Tinder, I said Stephen is trying to convince me to. :p

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
There is one time SE got it right and that was that awful web series for VII that a group wanted to make for profit. Not only did it look terrible but it was for profit and that's really silly.

Gorl, I talk about men all the time. :(

Also I never got Tinder, I said Stephen is trying to convince me to. :p

ah I thought you tried it and deleted it. i'll be waiting. :p

G-Fex

X2H8mfs.jpg

Yeah, probably, a bit later on. But I just didn't want to clutter up our new place with stacks and stacks of games and consoles.

Plus, I barely play games anymore. And £400+ in my sky rocket is pretty sweet.

It was the right decision Fex, I'm sure of it!

MQZ6z7H.gif

It's what I do :p

I guess cause I wanted a backlog of games to cast for my channel, it was supposed to justify my rabid collecting of consoles and such.

Ah well. Glad you're doing good though Ninja ol pal :)

Clydefrog

I'd have seen her.

tinder was INSANE in brazil. i'm just the biggest idiot who didn't realize it until it was too late. i was crying in the atlanta airport

I just watched videos on it too. I understand Square has the rights to the property but when you leave fans in the cold time after time after time again they shouldn't be punished for paying homage and taking it upon themselves to do what you won't do.

Yeahp.

I mean all they seem to care about when it comes to Chrono Trigger/Chrono Cross is reminding everyone that they own it!

tinder is okay

haven't actually met up with someone yet because i think better of it every single time i set something up.

feels like the easy way to me

Wazzy

Banned
ah I thought you tried it and deleted it. i'll be waiting. :p
I doubt I'd ever use it seriously. It would be fun to see the matches I get though!
tinder was INSANE in brazil. i'm just the biggest idiot who didn't realize it until it was too late. i was crying in the atlanta airport

All the hookups you probably missed out on.

FYEfn0i.gif

I just caught this.

Wow wazzy

I had to make a clever edit somehow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom