• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 2.0: The Return of the Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windam

Scaley member
Well in that case

neville-longbottom.gif

the fuck is this harry potter shit

Wazzy

Banned
Awww... Forgot to ask, how's your ankle doin?
Able to walk right?
It's still really bruised and the right side bruised too.

It's not super painful or anything but I am worried about the fact it bruised the other side of my foot.
You had Boards of Canada as the header, I had to quote to just say you're a cool guy in my book.
That sounds like her, yeah.

I agree.
lLsAFsP.gif

Stealing my edit strategy.
I guess I'll just have to follow Irvine's method. It worked for him! Now where did I leave that cowboy hat?
Guns and women are your motto then.
While she's a pretty awful character in her own right, I think Square-Enix trying so hard to make her "the next Cloud" in terms of popularity and iconography has exacerbated the hatred.

That's pretty much it. She was an awful character in XIII but I tolerated her because even though she was advertised as the main character, she never felt like it.

G-Fex

you guys ever sit down with a female talking about something sort-of-serious but you try to joke a bit too. Then realize your jokes only kinda make her smile forcibly.

I..I'm a nice guy. I ..I'm not funny but I'm just trying to lighten the mood :(

The_Poet

Banned
you guys ever sit down with a female talking about something sort-of-serious but you try to joke a bit too. Then realize your jokes only kinda make her smile forcibly.

I..I'm a nice guy. I ..I'm not funny but I'm just trying to lighten the mood :(

giphy.gif

TrueGrime

Seriously.. 8 was that good guys?? I've more or less heard that 12 was astounding. I wouldn't mind going back and playing the older ones but 13 left such a bad taste in my mouth.

Seriously.. 8 was that good guys?? I've more or less heard that 12 was astounding. I wouldn't mind going back and playing the older ones but 13 left such a bad taste in my mouth.

8 is good. It has the best world/lore of the PS1 games. 7 tried.

12 is a single player MMO and I don't understand why it gets the praise it gets. While the story for 12 is more political and "mature" for lack of a better word, it's so fucking boring.

Turin

Banned
I can't say which one I prefer. 7,8,9 and 10 are all great. It depends on my mood really.

12's story was interesting for the first 1/5 of it and then it all goes down hill. The story as to why it turned out so boring was frustrating to read about.

Wazzy

Banned
Squall's exam uniform is cool but SeeD is wayyyyyy better. It's actually really hot.

I still prefer his casual wear.

NaxnQ9X.jpg

UNF.

Spoony said Seifer sucked though

he didn't even pass a damn test to be a SeeD yet wants to be like a villain.
But mama said, m-m-mama said

Seifer is more of an anti-hero. His approach to his insecurities is the opposite of Squall. He's aggressive and forward and uses his position of power to bully students to make himself feel better.

he get's
manipulated by Ultimecia into believing he needs to prove himself in order to be a hero while also using his dreams of being a sorceress knight as another for of manipulating him

Only thing that sucks is they just end his arc at the end of the game and we only see some form of ending in the ending FMV.
FF8 was the best open world card game simulator I've ever played.
The game's card game is addiction.

It's really good. Beautiful OST, art style and setting, best FMV's in the series, best opening and ending and a fairly realistic cast that are relateable. Only issue with that is not many people like playing as teenagers with realistic emotions so I guess I understand why it's not for everyone. The story is pretty good if you understand it and all of it is found in game unlike XIII.

Wazzy

Banned
Ehhh his KH design is okay but there's a couple really dumb design decisions.

Too many belts and zippers and while I understand they were combining his appearance with Laguna's, the long hair doesn't look as good as his short hair.

His KH2 design is a little better but we don't see it drawn so I like the KH1 image better.
I wanted Seifer in Dissidia sooooooooo badly.

Right?

I was mixed on him being a villain but then there was a lot of characters who are technically good but are villains so it would make sense for him to be one.

It would also be interesting seeing his amano design.

Turin

Banned
Ehhh his KH design is okay but there's a couple really dumb design decisions.

Too many belts and zippers and while I understand they were combining his appearance with Laguna's, the long hair doesn't look as good as his short hair.

His KH2 design is a little better but we don't see it drawn so I like the KH1 image better.

I'll agree about the belts and zippers but the long hair looks much better with the scar and all.

Acid08

Banned
Crisis Core is also just really good as a huge FF7 fan. Even though you know the ending is coming from the beginning it still hit super hard.

Imo that's the only redeeming thing to come out of the FF7 Compilation stuff. Advent Children is alright for what it is but I don't like it all that much.

Turin

Banned
Crisis Core is also just really good as a huge FF7 fan. Even though you know the ending is coming from the beginning it still hit super hard.

Imo that's the only redeeming thing to come out of the FF7 Compilation stuff. Advent Children is alright for what it is but I don't like it all that much.

Yeah. I liked AC overall but I'm not a fan of what they did with Cloud in it. I get that he's going through some shit but.... eh.

Wazzy

Banned
I'll agree about the belts and zippers but the long hair looks much better with the scar and all.
9ldQU6L.png

No way brah, look at dat swag. Short in the back, party in the front.

He's borderling rocking a mullet in KH. :p
Why is he wearing a trash bag?
WqTUcTm.jpg

You stahp.

Eh. CC is a really fun game and there's some story aspects that are great but there's also some shit that was retconned that were really bad.

Zack being Aeris's reason for what she wears and acts was really stupid. Not only that but the ending retcon while still good, was more powerful with the two soldiers killing him instead of the army. I think they should have had him fight a few and then do the battle with the two where you try to kill them but they finish you off.

Turin

Banned
Tifa's a boss.

Sour grapes aside, I did like the super hero fight between Cloud and Sephiroth.

9ldQU6L.png

No way brah, look at dat swag. Short in the back, party in the front.

He's borderling rocking a mullet in KH. :p

I liked that mullet!

But to be fair I was thinking of that odd look they gave him in Dissidia. Not the one he had in FF8 which is just fine to me.

Acid08

Banned
Eh. CC is a really fun game and there's some story aspects that are great but there's also some shit that was retconned that were really bad.

Zack being Aeris's reason for what she wears and acts was really stupid. Not only that but the ending retcon while still good, was more powerful with the two soldiers killing him instead of the army. I think they should have had him fight a few and then do the battle with the two where you try to kill them but they finish you off.
Didn't really mind any of that stuff but yeah I can see where you're coming from. It as definitely the most quality product to come out of that whole thing though. Dirge of Cerberus.....ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom