• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 3.0: The Thirsty Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, as of about 5 minutes ago, I've begun my not-eating-food-just-drinking-a-crazy-drink-with-everything-in diet.

It's a fucking nice drink. Liquid cake is not a lie.
EDIT That wasn't even meant to be a Portal reference, the drink is legit called Liquid Cake and it legit tastes of cake

Also 3D Zelda > 3D Metroid, but 2D Metroid > 2D Zelda

So, as of about 5 minutes ago, I've begun my not-eating-food-just-drinking-a-crazy-drink-with-everything-in diet.

It's a fucking nice drink. Liquid cake is not a lie.
EDIT That wasn't even meant to be a Portal reference, the drink is legit called Liquid Cake and it legit tastes of cake

Healthy drink that tastes like cake? Humanity has peaked.

I guess...

Plus got another date with the same girl on Sunday.
Come on asteroid, don't ruin my day... :|

AND I DON'T WANNA MISS A THING

I am so mad that I was just reminded of this fucking song.

Turin

Banned
This show feels like a shot of opium into my scrotum.

It really does! It's so strangely satisfying to watch.

Lately, I often take a small dose of adderall on my rewatches of the show. I blame Thackery for this. :p

I buy Zelda games primarily out of some kind of strange obligation I feel towards Nintendo.

Zelda games I own:

- LoZ / LoZ II / ALTTP (Wii Virtual Console)
- Ocarina of time (N64 version, Wii Virtual Console version, 3DS remake)
- Twilight Princess
- Phantom Hourglass
- Skyward Sword
- A Link Between Worlds
- Wind Waker HD

Zelda games I have finished:
- Twilight Princess

I have trouble finishing the games because the combat is boring and I hate being stuck in games. So I give it a go, then when I inevitably get stuck on something, I either feel terrible until I get past it or I look up a guide that drains all of the satisfaction out of it. Ultimately I think that these games are simply not well suited for me. I appreciate them from a design standpoint and go "oh that's clever" when I do figure some stuff out, but there's just no other meat in those games beyond puzzles and boss fights. And the boss fights are themselves just different types of puzzles!

Hmph! I usually love Zelda's combat!

228325_10150161232205216_206115675215_7212273_7968095_n.jpg

I think I enjoyed Twilight Princess a lot more than most people. I wonder how long it's going to take for them to make another Hyrule Historia. The current one only goes up to Skyward Sword

I adored Twilight Princess. Not quite as remarkable of an experience as OoT was but the twilight aspect was rather charming to me and I loved the beginning part where he's just enjoying life at his home village.

Never did play Skyward Sword because for some reason it didn't tickle my fancy very much..... and I didn't feel like buying a Wii again(my biggest waste of money last gen).

MutFox

Banned
AND I DON'T WANNA MISS A THING

I am so mad that I was just reminded of this fucking song.

Mission Accomplished :|

Hmph! I usually love Zelda's combat!

I adored Twilight Princess. Not quite as remarkable of an experience as OoT was but the twilight aspect was rather charming to me and I loved the beginning part where he's just enjoying life at his home village.

Never did play Skyward Sword because for some reason it didn't tickle my fancy very much..... and I didn't feel like buying a Wii again(my biggest waste of money last gen).

Zelda Combat is taken to another level in Skyword Sword.
And Yeah, I like the combat in the other games,
though WW had the press win button style QTE's for some combat. (Wasn't a fan)

You should try Skyward Sword at some point,
one of my top 3 Zelda's with OoT and LttP.
If it weren't for the collect-o-thons, it would be my fave.
TP also had collect quests which were lame.

Clydefrog

I remember I once acidentally bought trash bags that smelled cake. Everyone else confirmed it... but they were just normal trash bags. But they smelled like cake!

It was awesome.

Turin

Banned
Dan Savage on Joe Rogan's Podcast. If you stick it out it's more interesting than you'd think.

Mission Accomplished :|

Zelda Combat is taken to another level in Skyword Sword.
And Yeah, I like the combat in the other games,
though WW had the press win button style QTE's for some combat. (Wasn't a fan)

You should try Skyward Sword at some point,
one of my top 3 Zelda's with OoT and LttP.
If it weren't for the collect-o-thons, it would be my fave.
TP also had collect quests which were lame.

I never had a problem with anything in TP to be honest.

There's a LOT of games people could say I should play for various reasons but I'm about as picky as Jake(You Know Nothing), if not then pickier.

I just go with what tickles me the right way when it comes to games. Because of this I enjoy games more than ever when I do play them and I get more time to enjoy other things I like such as movies, shows, music, books, boxing, etc.....

F**k it. Just f**k it. I need to speak to my parents about anti-depressants because I'm running out of options here.

Have you ever tried a therapist? It helps. Meds could possibly help but it depends on the person.

I regularly take a low dosage of celexa because it helps un-fog my mind which I desperately needed. It takes a while before you find what might be the right thing for you at the right dosage and it's understandably intimidating because of what can happen to people.

Bottom line is meds will work for some people, not everyone.

MutFox

Banned
Dan Savage on Joe Rogan's Podcast. If you stick it out it's more interesting than you'd think.

I never had a problem with anything in TP to be honest.

There's a LOT of games people could say I should play for various reasons but I'm about as picky as Jake(You Know Nothing), if not then pickier.

I just go with what tickles me the right way when it comes to games. Because of this I enjoy games more than ever when I do play them and I get more time to enjoy other things I like such as movies, shows, music, books, boxing, etc.....

Hehe, Picky gamers, I'm one of them...

Not a fan of time based games where the more time you spend the better you are than others.
Example are the MMORPG genre of games.
I'm more into games where you can come in and be better than people that have been playing for years.

Right now I'm pretty obsessed with CS: GO...
Though I gotta admit, I got my ass handed to me at the start, still am on occasion.
Makes me a better player in the end. :p

Turin

Banned
Hehe, Picky gamers, I'm one of them...

Not a fan of time based games where the more time you spend the better you are than others.
Example are the MMORPG genre of games.
I'm more into games where you can come in and be better than people that have been playing for years.

Right now I'm pretty obsessed with CS: GO...
Though I gotta admit, I got my ass handed to me at the start, still am on occasion.
Makes me a better player in the end. :p

I can understand that. I don't really play anything multiplayer though. I'll occasionally dick around on Fight Night or UFC just to see how I do but that's it.

zeemumu

Have you ever tried a therapist? It helps. Meds could possibly help but it depends on the person.

I regularly take a low dosage of celexa because it helps un-fog my mind which I desperately needed. It takes a while before you find what might be the right thing for you at the right dosage and it's understandably intimidating because of what can happen to people.

Bottom line is meds will work for some people, not everyone.

Yeah, I know. I've always had mixed feelings about medication, but it's beginning to be a real problem if I can't even enjoy my time off from work without letting the sadness sink in. I can't just be dependent on the people around me. They have their own lives to live and I don't like being dependent on anyone.

Another problem is that I don't feel like being questioned prior to getting therapy.

Baby you know that I
Told you that I'm done with you
There's no need to cry
The tears only drown you slowly

Baby you know that I
I told you a million times to let me be
Baby you know it's 'cause I
I told you to set me free

The more I try
The more I die
The more we lie
The more we cry