• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 3.0: The Thirsty Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
F4308kG.png

Chuckie

Lol I know how to use one

I mean it's not hard...

Really? I think it is rather hard. Not to shoot it, but to actually hit a target in the center.

As I understand, modern bows have all sorts of pulleys and things to make it easier to draw. But if you think about it, all of the energy that goes into throwing the arrow into the air and piercing the target must be imparted into the arrow by the person pulling the string. It's not like a gun where the energy comes from chemical reactions in gunpowder. It's really just a machine that allows you to remotely punch something. In that sense it seems obvious that it would require a lot of strength to draw the bow fully.

Yeah compound bows have those pulleys. Those actually make the initial draw harder but it becomes lighter the more you pull it and when it's anchored at your chin it is really 'light'. With a recurve bow (and longbows) it is the other way around. It starts out light and becomes harder the closer to the chin you get.

My personal favorite is the recurve bow. (Which is also the type Katniss, Hawkeye and the Green Arrow use)

MutFox

Banned
That date was even better... XD

As for Zelda, Wind Waker was mostly awesome.
If the Triforce was scattered throughout dungeons,
it would probably be one of my fave Zelda's.
Didn't like the QTE's during fights that much either...

My top 3 Zelda's are probably

Ocarina of Time
Link to the Past
Skyward Sword - If it weren't for the collect-o-thon quests, it would be my fave.

zeemumu

Tiddums, that was as much a Wind Waker reference as it was an MM reference. I'm actually pretty surprised that you don't know who Tingle is.

BwvaJi9IAAAY1e8.png

Scalp ha.

I don't work in food service, but I do know that any job that involves working directly with people is nowhere near as easy at most people think it is.

zeemumu

I watched an LP of MM.

tumblr_mtrwuvN0bu1rqp2rqo1_500.gif

You need to play it. I don't know and don't care how you do it, but you need to play it.

An LP doesn't get across the infinite sadness of that game. Honestly, it doesn't seem that sad at all until you really, really think about it. Everyone in that town is going to die, Link is probably going to die
and did since he's a skeleton in Twilight Princess
because he went into the Lost Woods without a fairy and he's not Kokiri, that screwed up tree at the beginning was the Deku Butler's dead son, and you are wearing his soul along with the souls of several other people who died in vain because they failed to accomplish their goals in life, that guy's marriage is ruined because he's been turned into a kid and got his wedding mask stolen, that old Goron will never make it home to see his kid, that girl's dad is half mummy, everyone in Ikana is dead, the older Romani Ranch sister gave her little sister alcohol so that she could face her death at the hands of the moon without being afraid, and on top of all of this, regardless of what you fix or how many times you time travel, it is physically impossible to help all of these people within the same time frame.

I buy Zelda games primarily out of some kind of strange obligation I feel towards Nintendo.

Zelda games I own:

- LoZ / LoZ II / ALTTP (Wii Virtual Console)
- Ocarina of time (N64 version, Wii Virtual Console version, 3DS remake)
- Twilight Princess
- Phantom Hourglass
- Skyward Sword
- A Link Between Worlds
- Wind Waker HD

Zelda games I have finished:
- Twilight Princess

I have trouble finishing the games because the combat is boring and I hate being stuck in games. So I give it a go, then when I inevitably get stuck on something, I either feel terrible until I get past it or I look up a guide that drains all of the satisfaction out of it. Ultimately I think that these games are simply not well suited for me. I appreciate them from a design standpoint and go "oh that's clever" when I do figure some stuff out, but there's just no other meat in those games beyond puzzles and boss fights. And the boss fights are themselves just different types of puzzles!

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
tumblr_mtrwuvN0bu1rqp2rqo1_500.gif

You need to play it. I don't know and don't care how you do it, but you need to play it.

An LP doesn't get across the infinite sadness of that game. Honestly, it doesn't seem that sad at all until you really, really think about it. Everyone in that town is going to die, Link is probably going to die
and did since he's a skeleton in Twilight Princess
because he went into the Lost Woods without a fairy and he's not Kokiri, that screwed up tree at the beginning was the Deku Butler's dead son, and you are wearing his soul along with the souls of several other people who died in vain because they failed to accomplish their goals in life, that guy's marriage is ruined because he's been turned into a kid and got his wedding mask stolen, that old Goron will never make it home to see his kid, that girl's dad is half mummy, everyone in Ikana is dead, the older Romani Ranch sister gave her little sister alcohol so that she could face her death at the hands of the moon without being afraid, and on top of all of this, regardless of what you fix or how many times you time travel, it is physically impossible to help all of these people within the same time frame.
Dont remind me how sad this game is ;_____;

Toa TAK

Banned
I buy Zelda games primarily out of some kind of strange obligation I feel towards Nintendo.

Zelda games I own:

- Twilight Princess
- Phantom Hourglass
- Skyward Sword
- A Link Between Worlds
- Wind Waker HD

- Twilight Princess

I have trouble finishing the games because the combat is boring and I hate being stuck in games. So I give it a go, then when I inevitably get stuck on something, I either feel terrible until I get past it or I look up a guide that drains all of the satisfaction out of it. Ultimately I think that these games are simply not well suited for me. I appreciate them from a design standpoint and go "oh that's clever" when I do figure some stuff out, but there's just no other meat in those games beyond puzzles and boss fights. And the boss fights are themselves just different types of puzzles!

You should do Metroid instead. It's superior.

zeemumu

Zelda games I own:

- Twilight Princess
- Phantom Hourglass
- Skyward Sword
- A Link Between Worlds
- Wind Waker HD

- Twilight Princess

At least finish A Link Between Worlds. It won't take you that long, and usually the puzzles can be solved the with the most common item that you've been using.

Dont remind me how sad this game is ;_____;

It's sad but that's why I like it. It's one of the better narratives in my opinion. Hmm, I have a Majora's mask keychain that I could repurpose into a necklace but I never do. I wonder why.

Good morning Tingle/Em.

Risgroo

At least finish A Link Between Worlds. It won't take you that long, and usually the puzzles can be solved the with the most common item that you've been using.

I've been trying to get into ALBW lately, but it just won't click with me. Feels a bit soulless, and I'm not a fan of the dungeons. I love Skyward Sword though, so I guess my opinions can't be trusted.

zeemumu

ALBW was okay, but overall kind of weak. It was incredibly easy.

I've been trying to get into ALBW lately, but it just won't click with me. Feels a bit soulless, and I'm not a fan of the dungeons. I love Skyward Sword though, so I guess my opinions can't be trusted.

Skyward Sword is pretty damn long.

I liked ALBW but I agree that having access to all of the items from the beginning and being able to phase into walls made it a little easy.

In Wind Waker I made it all the way to the triforce pieces mission, which was convoluted enough to cause me to give up until I bought Wind Waker HD, so I've been playing through it a second time.

I regret trading in anything to Gamestop. My Playstation 1 collection used to be a lot bigger than it is now. So many games. And I was so good at completing them in one day because I didn't have a PS1 memory card.

Scott_Funny_Face_2.jpg

AcridMeat

Banned
Sore throat and bullshit headache. Happy FRIDAY! May go see the 30th anniversary of Ghostbusters if I'm not sneezing all over the place.

zeemumu

I think I enjoyed Twilight Princess a lot more than most people. I wonder how long it's going to take for them to make another Hyrule Historia. The current one only goes up to Skyward Sword

MutFox

Banned
I think I enjoyed Twilight Princess a lot more than most people. I wonder how long it's going to take for them to make another Hyrule Historia. The current one only goes up to Skyward Sword

TP was pretty good, last boss fight was pretty epic.
Loved the desert boss fight.
Also, Dual Hookshots... XD

My main complaints were the collect-o-thons were tedious,
and the overworld was pretty dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom