• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 3.0: The Thirsty Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turin

Banned
What is this thread

welcome.png

Finished Bebop, was pretty fun. Still think Champloo had the better art but Bebop had far more interesting stories. To be honest I was a little underwhelmed by how it ended.

Well, Champloo came out later so naturally it looks a little prettier. You're the first person I've heard to complain about the ending. I loved it
even though Spike's debatable fate(even according the creator) is a little frustrating.
Also, I rather adore the final credits song.

Watch the movie now! :D

tumblr_mrnmwt9mT91r60ay5o1_500.gif

He was a great musician and performer. As were the rest of Queen.

But fuck their songs tbh. Terrible.

#drunktruthbombs

Holy shit, not only does someone else have the same opinion as me about Queen, but it's you? I thought we'd never agree on anything music ever

:O
Finished Bebop, was pretty fun. Still think Champloo had the better art but Bebop had far more interesting stories. To be honest I was a little underwhelmed by how it ended.

Bang.

zeemumu

It's garage sale day and I just made $25 selling an old workout bench that I got from a neighbor. Should I sell my Rock Band 2 set?

TCRS

Banned
conditions may apply

that looks so good. I wish had that much passion for cooking, unfortunately I only have passion for eating. cooking is such a chore, I just put some chicken nuggets in the oven and take them out 10 mins later. voila, dinner is ready.

AcridMeat

Banned
Well, Champloo came out later so naturally it looks a little prettier. You're the first person I've heard to complain about the ending. I loved it
even though Spike's debatable fate(even according the creator) is a little frustrating.
Also, I rather adore the final credits song.

Watch the movie now! :D
Hey man Akira came out in the 80's and that's still the best looking thing ever. Bebop oozed cool, but still prefer Champloo's music as well. Those nujabes hip hop beats were too good.

The reason I say that about the ending is that they barely spent any time on the build up to what ended up being the end of it all, so I didn't really care about it. Just didn't have an impact at all. For instance
why did he like Julia so much? Because they met at a syndicate and slept together? Oh boy.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
that looks so good. I wish had that much passion for cooking, unfortunately I only have passion for eating. cooking is such a chore, I just put some chicken nuggets in the oven and take them out 10 mins later. voila, dinner is ready.

Dude! Beer Butt Chicken is the easiest thing ever!

Just buy a small, gutted chicken, rinse it with cold water, salt it, rub whatever spices you prefer (or just use some premade seasoning), stick a can of beer up its ass and let it sit for 40 minutes at medium high. No other preparation needed. I added some random mushroom mix for variety and those fuckers came out delicious from all the grease/beer vapours/rub dripping from the chicken.

I'm on a high protein diet and one small chicken can easily provide me with four to five meals, either as cuts or smaller bits for salad, pasta or rice.

so there's something called #gamergate going on:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=889097

sounds to me like gamers taking gaming culture too seriously or something. anyone else who just can't be bothered with all these gaming journalism related discussions?
I didn't know about that. From what I gather it seems to me like the result of MRAs and childlike adults with a voice on the internet colliding into a one giant clusterfuck.

zeemumu

sounds to me like gamers taking gaming culture too seriously or something. anyone else who just can't be bothered with all these gaming journalism related discussions?

Ah, so THIS is what I've been hearing about.

So all of the controversy surrounding games like the way that reviews are done and gender roles in video games just melded into one large event, and everyone has yet to notice that they're arguing over the hobby of pushing buttons?

There is probably no peaceful ending to this. It's going to turn into MK Armageddon between the rational people wishing to have a discussion and the loud as hell stereotypical gamers who are all about 360 no scopes and Mountain Dew.

Acid08

Banned

I've been following it somewhat closely. Today it was proven that both the GamerGate and NotYourShield hashtags were created by 4chan users just so they could continue to harass Zoe Quinn, FemFreq etc. The whole "ethics in journalism" stuff was bullshit as everyone with even a tiny amount of sense could tell.

zeemumu

I've been following it somewhat closely. Today it was proven that both the GamerGate and NotYourShield hashtags were created by 4chan users just so they could continue to harass Zoe Quinn, FemFreq etc. The whole "ethics in journalism" stuff was bullshit as everyone with even a tiny amount of sense could tell.

It's a little late for that. Once you've lit the fuse on a controversial subject, it will explode, despite how obvious the attempt to create controversy is.

By the way, what was with the Zoe Quinn controversy again? From what I can read, it has absolutely nothing to do with gaming and more to do with her personal life.

EDIT: Okay, I'm all caught up, read everything on both subjects. My reaction is that they can have their MK Armageddon fight, I'm gonna go make some progress in my Steam backlog.

Kater

Banned
I'm too afraid to finish Depression Quest. It's getting too real.
Like real depression, you have to pull yourself through the game. It's not so much of a fun game and it certainly can be quite painful to play it. It's still a meaningful experience though, or at least that's how I and many other people feel about it. :)

zeemumu

I actually did manage to talk to my parents about seeing a therapist regularly. Trying to keep the subject light because I don't want too many questions because my parents don't know how these matters work. They're usually pretty blunt. You should've heard the crap that they put on Robin Williams when he died. But whatever. Wish me luck, guys.

Turin

Banned
Hey man Akira came out in the 80's and that's still the best looking thing ever. Bebop oozed cool, but still prefer Champloo's music as well. Those nujabes hip hop beats were too good.

The reason I say that about the ending is that they barely spent any time on the build up to what ended up being the end of it all, so I didn't really care about it. Just didn't have an impact at all. For instance
why did he like Julia so much? Because they met at a syndicate and slept together? Oh boy.

Eh. Akira's alright. I can see why some people love it but it just never grabbed me.

Champloo had the more pleasant music and I loved the hell out of it. Bebop's hit me a little harder though, in a good way.

I definitely agree with you about Julia. I never gave a shit about her and almost completely forgot about her till you brought her up. :p

I like to imagine/hope that Spike and Vicious's beef had a lot more to it because they deliberately don't elaborate much. With that said, the too characters were very fun with how they'd antagonize eachother.

Turin

Banned
I actually did manage to talk to my parents about seeing a therapist regularly. Trying to keep the subject light because I don't want too many questions because my parents don't know how these matters work. They're usually pretty blunt. You should've heard the crap that they put on Robin Williams when he died. But whatever. Wish me luck, guys.

Good luck, man. I can understand feeling you need to tell your parents but I think it's your call at the end of the day.

Acid08

Banned

You should try watching the Gundam F91 movie. That is some fucking gorgeous anime.

Turin

Banned
I feel like there's quite a few good Gundam series/movies that that I don't even know about.

Seed kind of turned me off from the whole thing. :-\

Wing will always be one of my most favorite series ever. No matter how bad the voice acting now seems. :p

Acid08

Banned
I feel like there's quite a few good Gundam series/movies that that I don't even know about.

Seed kind of turned me off from the whole thing. :-

Wing will always be one of my most favorite series ever. No matter how bad the voice acting now seems. :p
Well yeah, Seed is hot shit.

Gundam Build Fighters is what got me watching Gundam stuff again. Pretty sure it's all on gundam.info's YT channel for free in HD. You should check it out!

Otherwise I'd recommend G Gundam and F91. F91 has a manga sequel called Crossbone Gundam which is incredible as well. I also really liked ZZ Gundam but that's hard to jump into since it's a core Universal Century show. It's basically required to watch those in order and it's the third one.

Turin

Banned
Well yeah, Seed is hot shit.

Gundam Build Fighters is what got me watching Gundam stuff again. Pretty sure it's all on gundam.info's YT channel for free in HD. You should check it out!

Otherwise I'd recommend G Gundam and F91. F91 has a manga sequel called Crossbone Gundam which is incredible as well. I also really liked ZZ Gundam but that's hard to jump into since it's a core Universal Century show. It's basically required to watch those in order and it's the third one.

I'll look into those.

G Gundam I've seen. So shamelessly corny. :)

I know a majority of the Amuro centric story although I was never really engrossed in it so there's probably a lot of details that went over my head.

I did love 08th MS Team, 0080 and 0083.

Acid08

Banned
I'll look into those.

G Gundam I've seen. So shamelessly corny. :)

I know a majority of the Amuro centric story although I was never really engrossed in it so there's probably a lot of details that went over my head.

I did love 08th MS Team, 0080 and 0083.
Yeah so those are UC side stories.

Main would be:
Mobile Suit Gundam(sometimes pretty boring, shows its age, has fantastic stuff in it though)
Zeta Gundam(good characters, best Char, tons of melodrama, depressing)
ZZ Gundam(best cast, kind of a rough first 17 episodes, everything else is amazing, mostly uplifting with some devastating effective sad moments)
Char's Counterattack
Unicorn

So yeah, don't know if that's all worth watching for you. For the most part it's all enjoyable though. If you just want to jump into something totally cool and different try out Turn A Gundam. No other Gundam show like it, super duper unique.

But really Build Fighters is just a beautiful, super enjoyable experience. It's straight forward, funny, and has great fights.

PirateKing

Heard a lot about Berserk. Does anyone know what's it all about?

It's my #1 manga. I've been reading it for years but this little gem is fantastic. It has everything, blood, good art, amazing characters development, great story, some of the best atmosphere I've ever seen, etc.

The start is slow, but the build up will be worth it. Another issues is, the chapter releases take a loooooong time so the wait is the worst thing.

Anymore to that though? Some spiritual or religious themes? Or maybe some philosophical questions?

Yep, including those.

Turin

Banned
Yeah so those are UC side stories.

Main would be:
Mobile Suit Gundam(sometimes pretty boring, shows its age, has fantastic stuff in it though)
Zeta Gundam(good characters, best Char, tons of melodrama, depressing)
ZZ Gundam(best cast, kind of a rough first 17 episodes, everything else is amazing, mostly uplifting with some devastating effective sad moments)
Char's Counterattack
Unicorn

So yeah, don't know if that's all worth watching for you. For the most part it's all enjoyable though. If you just want to jump into something totally cool and different try out Turn A Gundam. No other Gundam show like it, super duper unique.

But really Build Fighters is just a beautiful, super enjoyable experience. It's straight forward, funny, and has great fights.

Mobile Suit Gundam definitely had some coolness to it. Char's Counterattack was.... okay?

Unicorn and Build Fighters might catch my fancy.

Did they ever revisit the After Colony timeline?

Acid08

Banned
Mobile Suit Gundam definitely had some coolness to it. Char's Counterattack was.... okay?

Unicorn and Build Fighters might catch my fancy.

Did they ever revisit the After Colony timeline?
There are some other works in AC but I think they're all books or manga. Most well known is called Frozen Teardrop which takes place something like 20 years after Wing.

Kater

Banned
It's my #1 manga. I've been reading it for years but this little gem is fantastic. It has everything, blood, good art, amazing characters development, great story, some of the best atmosphere I've ever seen, etc.

The start is slow, but the build up will be worth it. Another issues is, the chapter releases take a loooooong time so the wait is the worst thing.

Yep, including those.
The bolded sounds like One Piece. Ugh

But since I would be new to it, I would have a lot to read already before I'd hit the "Wall of waiting for the next chapter", right?

Good to hear that there's more to the story than just Blood 'n Guts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom