• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 3.0: The Thirsty Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeemumu

Just got off of work and I'm setting up my October plans. Tomorrow I'm going to Disneyland to pick up part of a gift for my friend for Christmas. It's a Haunted Mansion-styled music box. Expensive but really nice.

Huh, I just saw 2 green glowing lights outside of my house, and when I got closer they disappeared.

Another newcomer! Does that mean that I'm not the new kid on the block anymore? Welcome!

iwvLCPoXMlbrH.gif

amg red panda *____* so cuuuuuuuute i am slain *____*

and hi hi! thank you for welcome <3

You're only allowed to dress up for the disneyland one because it's just park wide trick or treating, and some rides are modified for Halloween (Haunted Mansion becomespecially Nightmare Before Christmas). The other parks are pure horror. Universal was full of dead children props in one of their unfinished scare zones that I passed by yesterday while they were setting up.

aaaaaah that's sounds so much fun :O im jealous now :O

Just got off of work and I'm setting up my October plans. Tomorrow I'm going to Disneyland to pick up part of a gift for my friend for Christmas. It's a Haunted Mansion-styled music box. Expensive but really nice.

Huh, I just saw 2 green glowing lights outside of my house, and when I got closer they disappeared.

youarealreadydead.jpg?

also, LUCKY friend! whoa!

YesNo posts here too

It's a small GAF world

;__; let me know if im overcrowding the cool ;___; *doesnt care* *just lip servicing* *will leech cool openly*

then why am i, a professor, allowed in here

cuz u bring the beeeeeeeeeeeeeeef :D

omnomnom

zeemumu

aaaaaah that's sounds so much fun :O im jealous now :O
It is! I'm a huge horror movie fan so I live for this time of year.

youarealreadydead.jpg?

also, LUCKY friend! whoa!

I'm not going out there to check to see what it was. My golden retriever can handle it.

My two initial ideas for the gift only differed in presentation. One idea was make the present a Halloween/Christmas style present (with spider heads and pretty bows) because she's a fan of Nightmare Before Christmas. The other idea is to fill a Winnie the Pooh honey pot with presents because she's a fan of him too. Since the music box is going to be a part of it I'm kinda leaning towards the first one.

Edit: Okay I got a picture of it.
Sorry that it's so bad. I was using the zoom and couldn't hold it steady. All of the lights were off so you can't really tell that it was taken through a window.

Normally I would think that it's the light from my security system's motion detector, but that only has one light, not two.

Finally got a tiny bit of sleep o_o. What's everyone doinggg.

Ughh so I guess since I didn't go out tonight I was automatically volunteered to be everyone's DD. Just got the we're all to drunk to drive call.

Buf and I are watching 28 days later via Skype. That's my evening

I've been trying to make my friends watch it two times now. They agreed, started, first time they stopped after 10 minutes and after that they stopped after 30 minutes.

None of them enjoy horror and they seemed squeamish as fuck.

...sigh.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Ha. This is why I usually watch things on my own. But Buf and I need stuff to watch outside tv shows so I suggested this for tonight. Had a bit of trouble syncing up though.

I've been trying to make my friends watch it two times now. They agreed, started, first time they stopped after 10 minutes and after that they stopped after 30 minutes.

None of them enjoy horror and they seemed squeamish as fuck.

...sigh.

28 days isn't even really squeamishy... Your friends need to level up in their horror movies! Tis soon October! Tis be the month for a good few scary movies!

28 days isn't even really squeamishy... Your friends need to level up in their horror movies! Tis soon October! Tis be the month for a good few scary movies!

I have tried multiple times to suggest a horror movie, but nope, no chance.

At least they are used a bit now to gore after Game of Thrones and Hannibal, but remotely scary stuff? Noooooooooope.

Which is a shame, since I love horror.

move into uni halls in an hour

guys I'm so fucking excited.

woooow wow :D grats :D and have fun! and go crazy! :D

At least they are used a bit now to gore after Game of Thrones and Hannibal, but remotely scary stuff? Noooooooooope.

:< awwwwww

what's your horror movies favs? :D

NinjaBoiX

Buf and I are watching 28 days later via Skype. That's my evening

They got the most out of it. The intro is incredible, then it just gets worse and worse until the end, where it falls off a cliff of terribad.

Amazing intro, awful movie.
move into uni halls in an hour

guys I'm so fucking excited.
Awesome dude, have a blast!

Try like really funny schlocky comedy-horror, then work them up. Like start on Evil Dead 2 or something.

Make sure Tucker and Dale vs Evil's in there somewhere.

They got the most out of it. The intro is incredible, then it just gets worse and worse until the end, where it falls off a cliff of terribad.

Ur crzy an rong

woooow wow :D grats :D and have fun! and go crazy! :D

:< awwwwww

what's your horror movies favs? :D

Depends on what type of horror movies, Evil Dead is fun, Cabin in the Woods fun. Rec might be my favorite in terms of scary movies, as it is also a bit recent. I enjoy the older ones, but they don't scare me enough. The Shining is also amazing, but also not scary.

And then Alien, Pan's Labyrinth and The Thing (Carpenter)

I enjoyed Dawn of the Dead (Snyder) a lot too, but I dunno if it still holds up for me.

And 28 Days Later. :D

EDIT: And The Fly (Carpenter) is great too as I love the effects.

EDIT 2 a day later: The Fly (Cronenberg), silly me.

Awesome dude, have a blast!

Has been a while since I watched it, but I thought it was holding up pretty well. Last part felt a bit less, but not really bad or anything.

Try like really funny schlocky comedy-horror, then work them up. Like start on Evil Dead 2 or something.

Make sure Tucker and Dale vs Evil's in there somewhere.

Ur crzy an rong

I had them watch Shaun of the Dead and even then one got some a bit squeamish. But it is a big group so I can't always butt my suggestions in. I have in fact recommended Tucker and Dale several times now.

I had them watch Shaun of the Dead and even then one got some a bit squeamish. But it is a big group so I can't always butt my suggestions in. I have in fact recommended Tucker and Dale several times now.

To be fair, that bit with Dylan Moran did fuck me up a bit when I first saw it, the screaming was...yeah.

Also Tucker and Dale is best I need to watch it again

Depends on what type of horror movies, Evil Dead is fun, Cabin in the Woods fun. Rec might be my favorite in terms of scary movies, as it is also a bit recent. I enjoy the older ones, but they don't scare me enough. The Shining is also amazing, but also not scary.

And then Alien, Pan's Labyrinth and The Thing (Carpenter)

I enjoyed Dawn of the Dead (Snyder) a lot too, but I dunno if it still holds up for me.

And 28 Days Later. :D

EDIT: And The Fly (Carpenter) is great too as I love the effects.

Aaaah. *nodsnods* those are fun. Cabin in the Woods was funny, ish, up until the merman part at the end, cuz then it just lost it for me, somehow. It was parody of the genre up until that moment, and then it became .... a bit stupid. But ya, a cute take on the horror genre.

Evil Dead is a classic, of course :D

Alien <3

Pan's Labyrinth is very pretty and very cute, too, and I like some of the zombie ones, but I dont really remember which one. I like the first one that was in a house and then the mall one, I think. Those two were fun.

zeemumu

And now we're watching walking dead. Gotta catch him up. We're on s2. Lawwdy this'll take a while

Season 2 wasn't great. Not because it's bad, but because it's boring. Who knew life on a farm during a zombie apocalypse could be boring. Things don't pick up until the last 3 episodes.

28 Days Later is still a pretty good movie, as is its sequel. I like the opening scene of 28 Weeks Later.

Did you know that they made a prequel to The Conjuring that's centered around the story with the doll? I don't know how that flew under my radar. I was leaving for work and passed by the TV and saw the commercial playing. I'll definitely be going to see that.

MutFox

Banned
Morning all...

Another date today... :D
Goin to a little fishing community with her today to get some fresh seafood.
It's a bit of trek but should be fun. :p

So I'm sitting and waiting for my bubble tea when I hear a familiar melody, it's the sort you'd hear at a nightclub or something. I try to place it then I realise it's Take On Me, but with Pitbull.

Liam-Neeson.gif

To be fair, that bit with Dylan Moran did fuck me up a bit when I first saw it, the screaming was...yeah.

Also Tucker and Dale is best I need to watch it again

I have a high tolerance for gore, so I can't really be bothered by any of it. Antichrist though, goddamn, scary too.

Aaaah. *nodsnods* those are fun. Cabin in the Woods was funny, ish, up until the merman part at the end, cuz then it just lost it for me, somehow. It was parody of the genre up until that moment, and then it became .... a bit stupid. But ya, a cute take on the horror genre.

Evil Dead is a classic, of course :D

Alien <3

Pan's Labyrinth is very pretty and very cute, too, and I like some of the zombie ones, but I dont really remember which one. I like the first one that was in a house and then the mall one, I think. Those two were fun.

I wish there were more good zombie movies. Rec or the remake Quarantine are sort of zombie movies and pretty good though. I enjoy the Romero zombie movies, but they are a bit dated. House is a bit too vague for me but mall probably is Dawn of the Dead.

28 Days Later was the movie I watched in middle school that got me into horror movies, since I didn't find it scary and enjoyed laughing at parts. Try Return of the Living Dead and Re-Animator, two of my all time favorites.

Also you weren't scared by The Shining? Shit freaked me out royally.

Shining didn't do anything for me like that no. I think only the supernatural stuff works for me. I'll check out those movies.

zeemumu

The Shining is one of my favorite movies but I don't think it scared me at all. Some parts were hilarious.

The lack of detail kept things unsettling but some parts probably should have had an explanation like they did in the book...

So my uncle has died and I've do to a bunch of wake related stuff.
My legs are dead tired!

Damn, I'm sorry about your uncle, Squiddy.

No worries, Zeemumu, I barely knew the guy.

AEUGHGH, I hate it when you sleep in with lenses, then try to take them out, and your fingers keep slipping off your eyeball, until you realize you already took out the lens and you've been fingering your ocular jelly for no good.

Turin

Banned
The lack of detail kept things unsettling but some parts probably should have had an explanation like they did in the book...

Someone told me what that was about a while ago. I don't think it needed elaborated on. I imagine Kubrick left it in there out of amusement.

It had me cracking up the first time. Same with that part when
Dick looks at Danny and telepathically says "How 'bout some ice cream doc?".
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom