• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 3.0: The Thirsty Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeemumu

Oh.

Well in some ways it is, and in some it isn't. The culture is just very...New England, in general. If anything I'd say it's a spoof on that and not one specific city or state.

The accents in the show are typical New England ones, but not everyone has them. For example, in my area, a lot of us don't talk like that (I certainly don't.). But if you go to Warwick or Providence...yeah. You're going to get the BAWSTON accent.

Quahog (the town) doesn't actually exist. If it had a real life counterpart, I'd have to say it's similar to Naragansett.

But it does actually feature specific RI locations. Lois, for example, is an alumni of my university. It was even featured in an unaired episode (because she ends up getting an abortion).

Ah, got it. Is the amount of black people there as low as I think it is? Are there roving gangs of racist fishermen? I have a friend who goes to college in Boston but all she does is live tweet hockey and complain about trains, food, and being single.

Ah, got it. Is the amount of black people there as low as I think it is? Are there roving gangs of racist fishermen? I have a friend who goes to college in Boston but all she does is live tweet hockey and complain about trains, food, and being single.

Again, depends on where you go. Providence and Warwick and all the urban areas have a high black and Hispanic population. But where I live, it is almost completely white. My high school had a grand total of, like...three black kids in it.

I don't know enough fishermen to determine if they're racist or not.

zeemumu

Again, depends on where you go. Providence and Warwick and all the urban areas have a high black and Hispanic population. But where I live, it is almost completely white. My high school had a grand total of, like...three black kids in it.

I don't know enough fishermen to determine if they're racist or not.

My area is primarily asian. There's maybe 5 ramen houses between here and the nearest Albertsons, which is about 5 minutes away. It's been a long time since I've lived anywhere else. The irony is that this is a suburban area so everyone tries to act street, but a lot end up being heavily racist and would probably end up getting shot if they had to spend more than a week in the ghetto.

Gets on my nerves sometimes. You know those people who try not to sound racist by using different terminology that actually ends up sounding more racist? And being my friend doesn't give you a free pass for black jokes.

Turin

Banned
There's a good amount of black people where I live. Me and a guy who lived nearby used to box a lot during high school. Then he moved back to West Virginia.

My area is primarily asian. There's maybe 5 ramen houses between here and the nearest Albertsons, which is about 5 minutes away. It's been a long time since I've lived anywhere else. The irony is that this is a suburban area so everyone tries to act street, but a lot end up being heavily racist and would probably end up getting shot if they had to spend more than a week in the ghetto.

Gets on my nerves sometimes. You know those people who try not to sound racist by using different terminology that actually ends up sounding more racist? And being my friend doesn't give you a free pass for black jokes.

But if you're their friend then they can lie and say, "My black friend doesn't mind when I say that!"

zeemumu

But if you're their friend then they can lie and say, "My black friend doesn't mind when I say that!"

I'm usually there to call them out on it if that's the case. One of my closer friends made a disappearing joke once, but I didn't really think much of it because she's my best friend. Then I had that friend who said that by being around me she became an honorary black person, whatever the hell that means. And then sometimes I get criticism from my parents because I rarely use slang and I'm pretty nerdy, so I guess I sound white when I talk. Screw being called an oreo. I can watch anime whenever the hell I want, damn it.

I'm usually there to call them out on it if that's the case. One of my closer friends made a disappearing joke once, but I didn't really think much of it because she's my best friend. Then I had that friend who said that by being around me she became an honorary black person, whatever the hell that means. And then sometimes I get criticism from my parents because I rarely use slang and I'm pretty nerdy, so I guess I sound white when I talk. Screw being called an oreo. I can watch anime whenever the hell I want, damn it.

image.php

I'm laffin' tho.

Turin

Banned

Is that actually a thing?

Show Edgeworth you ain't playin' around, son.

[edit]: Second case of ebola in the US. Time to build that bomb shelter. Who's laughing now? The doomsday preppers that's who.

zeemumu

That caught me off guard because it's 7 in the morning over here so it didn't make any sense. I'm gonna head off to the gym because I've been eating pretty much all junk for the past 2 weeks, and I need something to clear my head out.

zeemumu

According to The Hunger Games Panem map, I'd be somewhere in District 4 or 5. Probably 4 because I'm closer to the beach, but not too close. You know, roving gangs of racist fishermen and all that...

I hate how whenever anyone says that they don't like dancing, everyone leaps on them and claims they don't know how to have fun or are a buzzkill or that they'd enjoy it if they just did it.

No.

Dancing is shit.

Leave me the fuck alone.

It's infuriating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom