• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 7: The Dark Thirst Rises

Status
Not open for further replies.
From a birthday

Youre cool. Ive been listening to Dinosaur Pile Up all day yesterday

You can prove that once Im in Hamburg >:D

Oh cool, have fun?

Dinosaur Pile Up are rad as heck, seeing them on the 19th of July with Basement for the...fourth time I think? It's gonna be great :D

And thx, you're cool too c:

Move to Brighton is better *cough*

Srsly though hope the job goes well

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
All I have is hope
Best of luck.

Whenever I drink the night before I always get intense feelings of deja vu, or feelings like I'm living a memory the next day. Super weird.

You have my hope too! I'd be so happy for you
Thx<333
Oh cool, have fun?

Dinosaur Pile Up are rad as heck, seeing them on the 19th of July with Basement for the...fourth time I think? It's gonna be great :D

And thx, you're cool too c:

Move to Brighton is better *cough*

Srsly though hope the job goes well
Hehe if you could get me a neat game related job I'd go there too!
Best of luck.

Whenever I drink the night before I always get intense feelings of deja vu, or feelings like I'm living a memory the next day. Super weird.
Stop drinking man. This sounds dangerous again :/

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I'm Chloe Moretz and You Know Nothing is Hillary.
11a57f56c4.png

Jobbs

Banned
How come the first Kickass movie was great, but the second one sucked shit?

Hitgirl in particular, in the first movie, left a big impression. Was so great

Jobbs

Banned
I feel comfortable saying that Hitgirl in the first Kickass movie was among one of the most memorable things in a movie in a while

FloatOn

I nearly spilled pomegranate juice all over myself :eek:

my spider sense tingled though and not a single drop was lost :D

I feel comfortable saying that Hitgirl in the first Kickass movie was among one of the most memorable things in a movie in a while

have you seen Kingsman?

that more than made up for kickass 2

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Tonight's dinner: carrots and peas

das struggle

SolVanderlyn

Corn is animal food. You disgust me.

Jobbs

Banned
I'm still seeing everyone talk about the disaster of BvS and how awful it is and how everyone involved is embarrassed or whatever

I LEGITIMATELY liked Batman V Superman (seen it twice, liked it more the second time).

People think it's "grimdark" and self serious.. It's not. The silliness is just understated. Or maybe I'm imagining it. In either case, I enjoyed its tone. And it has a tone. Civil Bore didn't even have a fucking tone. It was just all over the place. My brain disassociated itself from the movie after 1/3 or so

I'm still seeing everyone talk about the disaster of BvS and how awful it is and how everyone involved is embarrassed or whatever

I LEGITIMATELY liked Batman V Superman (seen it twice, liked it more the second time).

People think it's "grimdark" and self serious.. It's not. The silliness is just understated. Or maybe I'm imagining it. In either case, I enjoyed its tone. And it has a tone. Civil Bore didn't even have a fucking tone. It was just all over the place. My brain disassociated itself from the movie after 1/3 or so

That uh, wasn't really the main criticism of the movie considering people loved the Nolan Batman movies.

Jobbs

Banned
That uh, wasn't really the main criticism of the movie considering people loved the Nolan Batman movies.

I've been listening to a podcast where they're screaming about that very thing and how Zack Schneider sucked all the joy and hope out of superman, which I couldn't give less of a shit about

btw I hated the Nolan movies

Misha

Banned
Explain to me why my dad would think Disney animated movies wouldn't be "family friendly"?

You're right. It's not an objectively bad movie. It has some issues and is definitely not high class cinema but it's a competent film with enough things to enjoy

Watching Xmen apocalypse makes this very apparent..,

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I've been listening to a podcast where they're screaming about that very thing and how Zack Schneider sucked all the joy and hope out of superman, which I couldn't give less of a shit about

I'm glad others do and we'll hopefully get a JL movie that'll reflect the actual comics a bit more. I need my fun and joy and lightheartedness in comic adaptions.

(I didn't enjoy BvS at all, not becausse of "grimdark" but because it felt to me like it had no direction and was going nowhere and everywhere at the same time, the bvs battle was too short and stupid and the other battle was pointless, and the cameos were silly, and the dream stuff was stupid, and and and. I loved Batman.)

Jobbs

Banned
Explain to me why my dad would think Disney animated movies wouldn't be "family friendly"?

You're right. It's not an objectively bad movie. It has some issues and is definitely not high class cinema but it's a competent film with enough things to enjoy

Watching Xmen apocalypse makes this very apparent..,

I'd say "Someone needs to sit down whoever's making these Marvel movies and explain to them what 'tone' is" but apparently it doesn't matter because these awful movies keep getting 90s RTs and making gazillions of dollars

So what do I know

I'm glad others do and we'll hopefully get a JL movie that'll reflect the actual comics a bit more. I need my fun and joy and lightheartedness in comic adaptions.

(I didn't enjoy BvS at all, not becausse of "grimdark" but because it felt to me like it had no direction and was going nowhere and everywhere at the same time, the bvs battle was too short and stupid and the other battle was pointless, and the cameos were silly, and the dream stuff was stupid, and and and. I loved Batman.)

mr baf... the fight scene between batman and the room of thugs later in the movie was probably the best comic book movie fight scene ever.

Batfleck NAILED it

Misha

Banned
I'd say "Someone needs to sit down whoever's making these Marvel movies and explain to them what 'tone' is" but apparently it doesn't matter because these awful movies keep getting 90s RTs and making gazillions of dollars

So what do I know
It's action movie with banter. Avengers 1 being the most obvious
All that pro-gay propaganda they sneak into them or something.
I really can't remember anything that's remotely lgbt. Like I'd love if they did it but they seem to be an incredibly safe company

Jobbs

Banned
yo! me too rn! made it home

suddenly you seem cool

:: morphs into you ::

It's action movie with banter. Avengers 1 being the most obvious

This is generally a problem with the movies, IMO, with Winter Soldier coming the closest to having a consistent tone and Civil War being a particularly bad offender.

If tone is the mood of the movie, and what the movie is trying to make you feel, most the Marvel movies are simply clusterfucks. I don't know what to feel. One minute we're soberly contemplating the real life impact of civilian casualties the next minute ant man grows into a giant while spiderman does a snowspeeder gag. There isn't a pie in the face gag in the second scene of citizen kane.

It's all over the place. Because the movie is giving me such mixed signals (and it doesn't help that the character motivations are nonsensical) I don't know what to feel and I disassociate.

Misha

Banned
Someone define tone
google said:
the general character or attitude of a place, piece of writing, situation, etc.

It is definitely fairly abstract but marvel movies definitely have tones that are similar and kind of generic

I still quite like most of the movies tho.

I'd say captain America first avenger has the most interesting tone out of all of them

FloatOn

It is definitely fairly abstract but marvel movies definitely have tones that are similar and kind of generic

I still quite like most of the movies tho.

I'd say captain America first avenger has the most interesting tone out of all of them

I liked that guardians was basically a comedy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom