• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 7: The Dark Thirst Rises

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
13403193_946123215499867_4418278771355788474_o.jpg

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
thatsthejoke.jpg

SolVanderlyn

my joke detector is defective at the moment. It's been a long day.
Take a rest, go to sleep, read a book, relax

Or just browse FakeGAF. That works too

SolVanderlyn

I'm going to sleep to contemplate my life and the decisions I've made

Symphonia

Banned
Does anyone know of any text-based adventure games? You know, the one with 8-bit art up top, and 'YOU COME ACROSS A DRAGON. WHAT DO YOU DO?' at the bottom, and you can type shit like 'THROW BUCKET' and get banged.

And you're not dirty enough anymore. Get the hell out of here!

I've noticed this too. I think part of it is a drive to avoid easy jokes, and part of it is because it would get old for everyone in here if I talked about every time I have sex. But now that you've brought this to the fore I'll try to be a little dirtier again.

I know but thanks!

I just made the mistake of looking at the "would you pay for sex" thread. My curiosity to see if anyone said "we already all pay for it" overtook me

It's tragic. I'd hate to go out with someone who only does relationship stuff because he thinks there's sex at the end of the gauntlet.

Does anyone know of any text-based adventure games? You know, the one with 8-bit art up top, and 'YOU COME ACROSS A DRAGON. WHAT DO YOU DO?' at the bottom, and you can type shit like 'THROW BUCKET' and get banged.

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/art...e-to-the-galaxy-game-30th-anniversary-edition

Jobbs

Banned
It's tragic. I'd hate to go out with someone who only does relationship stuff because he thinks there's sex at the end of the gauntlet.

I think it seems like I actually don't like most people on Neogaf, and for whatever reason the people I like (or at least tolerate) somehow ended up in fakegaf

When I can predict the awful replies to a topic it shows there's some kind of problem

Misha

Banned

I'm assuming you've already played zork?

I think it seems like I actually don't like most people on Neogaf, and for whatever reason the people I like (or at least tolerate) somehow ended up in fakegaf

When I can predict the awful replies to a topic it shows there's some kind of problem

There are plenty of great people site-wide. A large part of the perceived problem is that you have to develop very strong opinions to stand out, otherwise why bother posting? If nobody knows who you are then nobody cares about your mundane fancies. This also means we're less likely to hone in on the reasonable/milquetoast posters, just the ad absurdum ones.

Jobbs

Banned
I like the people here, I added the "tolerate" part just to cover the occasional/potential outlier

There are plenty of great people site-wide. A large part of the perceived problem is that you have to develop very strong opinions to stand out, otherwise why bother posting? If nobody knows who you are then nobody cares about your mundane fancies. This also means we're less likely to hone in on the reasonable/milquetoast posters, just the ad absurdum ones.

Yeah, I know, but there are enough obnoxious people for me to only click certain threads because I'm curious to see what awful things are said. NIce "milquetoast", btw, I enjoyed that

Jobbs

Banned
Often I don't bother posting milquetoast replies for the reason stated, but I do occasionally do it because I feel like I'm adding a bit of mass to the correct argument without any need to directly provoke a response

I'll give it a go purely because it's Hitchhikers.

It's a classic example of the genre, and the version I linked is a very faithful upgrade from the original 1984 game by all accounts.

Yeah, I know, but there are enough obnoxious people for me to only click certain threads because I'm curious to see what awful things are said. NIce "milquetoast", btw, I enjoyed that

I used to do that too. I'd scour threads looking for people making dumb arguments, I'd search the web for people saying shit about me, but at a certain point I decided what good is it? It just puts me in a bad mood and nothing productive is ever accomplished. You can run into enough trouble just through common happenstance, so no use in seeking it out.

Now I just hide threads if I feel like reading them would aggravate me.

I'm not fucking milquetoast. I can't be milquetoast.

lol remember when I made that milk toast avatar for you? Good times.

Jobbs

Banned
Yup, I have a nice scar right there.

fuck.. I hope it's not that

I used to do that too. I'd scour threads looking for people making dumb arguments, I'd search the web for people saying shit about me, but at a certain point I decided what good is it? It just puts me in a bad mood and nothing productive is ever accomplished. You can run into enough trouble just through common happenstance, so no use in seeking it out.

Now I just hide threads if I feel like reading them would aggravate me.

you arting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom