• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 7: The Dark Thirst Rises

Status
Not open for further replies.
fuck.. I hope it's not that

you arting?

If it gets/has gotten worse and/or you are getting a fever definitely go get it checked out. On a Saturday night it hurt slightly, became worse on Sunday, at the end of the afternoon had a fever and had surgery in the evening. If it does get worse you really should not wait with an appendix infection.

I'll save everybody from having to see a photo of the scar, but it is pretty on point.

I also had someone at work who had the same thing but it ended up being nothing, so can't be sure.

Xiao Hu

I've noticed this too. I think part of it is a drive to avoid easy jokes, and part of it is because it would get old for everyone in here if I talked about every time I have sex. But now that you've brought this to the fore I'll try to be a little dirtier again.

Thanks, I'm looking forward to your kinkyness

you arting?

Not at the moment, no. I'm not feeling super inspired.

Today wasn't actually all that productive. This is basically all I got done earlier (and a third of this was existing assets). I don't have a good feel for the area I'm arting yet. I spent what felt like hours just picking colors for the plaster.

C49bn9k.png

Jobbs

Banned
are shithead posters always male? do we have any confirmed female shitheads? I was just reflecting on how all the women I know of who post on Neogaf would never say any of the horrible things that are frequently said in OT, and every time something horrible is said it's either obviously a man or almost certainly a man.

is the logical conclusion to this line of thought "women are on average better people than men" or is there another explanation?

Not at the moment, no. I'm not feeling super inspired.

Today wasn't actually all that productive. This is basically all I got done earlier (and a third of this was existing assets). I don't have a good feel for the area I'm arting yet. I spent what felt like hours just picking colors for the plaster.

Ah, cool. I actually got a decent bit done today. Pretty much finished my monster. >:]

Color selection is the most impactful and important part of environment art design IMO. I usually hook it around two primary, often contrasting colors. E.g., The deep blue + yellow area, the green + purple area, etc.

I feel like I'd add some teal or blue elements to that pinkish area, but I can never say for sure until I see it

are shithead posters always male? do we have any confirmed female shitheads? I was just reflecting on how all the women I know of who post on Neogaf would never say any of the horrible things that are frequently said in OT, and every time something horrible is said it's either obviously a man or almost certainly a man.

is the logical conclusion to this line of thought "women are on average better people than men" or is there another explanation?

Imo yes, but obviously I am not going to name anybody. There are just waaaaaaay many more men on GAF than women, so the overwhelming amount of shitheads would be male.

Well, naturally most of the people on here would be men. And it just so happens that most of them are shitlords.

I hope Seth's alright, though at this hour he probably hasn't even heard it yet. Something's going on in Orlando right now, and it's not okay.

Sure. I've spewed my fair share of inconsiderate and immature stuff, and it's gotten me banned three or four times. So yeah. Not recently though.

Ah, cool. I actually got a decent bit done today. Pretty much finished my monster. >:]

Color selection is the most impactful and important part of environment art design IMO. I usually hook it around two primary, often contrasting colors. E.g., The deep blue + yellow area, the green + purple area, etc.

I feel like I'd add some teal or blue elements to that pinkish area, but I can never say for sure until I see it

There's a lot of bluer tones in the wood, and the bottom will be lined with green vegetation, but I agree the plaster color on its own isn't going to cut it. I'll probably drape a lot of ivy over it as well.

Jobbs

Banned
environment design, for me, is torturous. It's highly gratifying when it goes well and a nice end result is produced, and utter suffering every other time.

I usually start with just blobs of the colors I want, then I paint out a concept screenshot (or a partial concept screenshot) of what it'd look like, then from that I break it down into assets and try to figure out how those assets would fit together.

Typically there's then a bit of back and forth between art and level editor as I learn, through use, how these assets best end up in game. Often the end result varies considerably from the initial painting.

I've tried to establish a really cogent process for this but have failed to do so. The only thing that seems to produce results for me is endless iteration.

We've permed one notable female gaffer for basically being an insufferable shithead and she was constantly treated with kid gloves prior to the perm. Like over a dozen bans. Frankly there are not many women proportionally to the total gaf population to start with.

Jobbs

Banned
We've permed one notable female gaffer for basically being an insufferable shithead and she was constantly treated with kid gloves prior to the perm. Like over a dozen bans. Frankly there are not many women proportionally to the total gaf population to start with.

Was she treated with kid gloves because moderators want more women in the community or other reasons?

Misha

Banned

That pretty much describes my experience in life but I've also dealt with a lot more guys than girls so its probably something more like the amount of guys that are intolerable are enough that you can't avoid while the amount of girls is proportionally small.

Law of averages or something

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
CVT6vGtXAAApoAD.png

Honestly, I am so fucking tired of this shit. Fuck the NRA and fuck anyone who supports them. Full stop.

Speaking as a European, I can not fathom how an entire country is so blind to the obvious. Every time I think "this time your politicians and organizations and even the gun nuts have to learn", but they never do. I'm sorry man :/

And no, I don't want to start a discussion about gun rights, you guys do whatever you think is right. I don't have a word in this.

Was she treated with kid gloves because moderators want more women in the community or other reasons?

There is a desire to be a welcoming community but it is certainly not a policy to go easy with the moderation. In some cases it was because she'd be in an argument with someone who also got banned.

Speaking as a European, I can not fathom how an entire country is so blind to the obvious. Every time I think "this time your politicians and organizations and even the gun nuts have to learn", but they never do. I'm sorry man :/

And no, I don't want to start a discussion about gun rights, you guys do whatever you think is right. I don't have a word in this.

Basically my ideal would be to travel back in time and prevent the second amendment from ever being written. But as it stands, I just want stricter gun laws nationwide. It is deplorable that we put a person's right to have a gun over basic human welfare and safety.

Jobbs

Banned
That pretty much describes my experience in life but I've also dealt with a lot more guys than girls so its probably something more like the amount of guys that are intolerable are enough that you can't avoid while the amount of girls is proportionally small.

Law of averages or something

I've had similar experiences. When someone says something I find insufferable it's almost always a man whether it's on neogaf or in real life. I think I just like women more than I like men.

I like talking about things. Obviously there are men who you can be this way with, but it's less common.

I wince at male bravado. The quickest way to alienate me is to be a tough guy

There is a desire to be a welcoming community but it is certainly not a policy to go easy with the moderation. In some cases it was because she'd be in an argument with someone who also got banned.

It actually being policy wouldn't be a terrible idea.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I wince at male bravado. The quickest way to alienate me is to be a tough guy

No idea if this has anything to do with anything, but in all of my school time, I was the quiet, lone, nerdy glasses guy, you probably know what I'm talking about. In pretty much every class ever there also was 'that' super cool guy who just can't help making himself feel better through making fun of (or even attacking or ridiculing) others, mostly guys like me. I guess guys like that are to blame for making me absolutely despise "tough guy" male behaviour.

Probably also for destroying a whole bunch of my self confidence but that's another story

Alright I'm talking way too much today lol

Jobbs

Banned
I find it amazing that a high skill job like animator can get you basically the equivalent of sub-minimum wages in china.

No idea if this has anything to do with anything, but in all of my school time, I was the quiet, lone, nerdy glasses guy, you probably know what I'm talking about. In pretty much every class ever there also was 'that' super cool guy who just can't help making himself feel better through making fun of (or even attacking or ridiculing) others, mostly guys like me. I guess guys like that are to blame for making me absolutely despise "tough guy" male behaviour.

Probably also for destroying a whole bunch of my self confidence but that's another story

Alright I'm talking way too much today lol

I'd say "the bullies feel shit about themselves, that's why they do it" but I'm not sure if that's actually always true. I suspect a lot of assholes are just assholes because they are assholes.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
A neighbor wants to build a fence on our border. Sorry, it won't go so easily, mostly because they informed us on fucking Sunday about it.

Xiao Hu

I'd say "the bullies feel shit about themselves, that's why they do it" but I'm not sure if that's actually always true. I suspect a lot of assholes are just assholes because they are assholes.

In many cases that behaviour displays power fantasies which in return is mostly a reaction to aspects of life where bullies lack any any power over (career, school performance, love etc.).

I don't understand the American fetishism in guns. To be honest I look down on those kind of people. There is no necessity for you to bear arms if you're not part of the military and even then instruments of death shouldn't have place in your life out side your working place. Get your shit together, USA...

I don't understand the American fetishism in guns. To be honest I look down on those kind of people. There is no necessity for you to bear arms if you're not part of the military and even then instruments of death shouldn't have place in your life out side your working place. Get your shit together, USA...

Our Founders liked the idea of guns to keep the government in check. But they failed to realize how devastating gun technology would evolve to be and how much further ahead the government would become in terms of technology. I can understand the argument for having guns as a means to deter a pseudo-tyrannical government but like it's not practical in the modern age.

Jobbs

Banned
In many cases that behaviour displays power fantasies which in return is mostly a reaction to aspects of life where bullies lack any any power over (career, school performance, love etc.).

The problem with the second amendment is the wording is shit. The intent made sense for the time. We had just broken away from Great Britain and there were fears that a disarmed populace would lead to a new cycle of tyranny.

They wanted you to be allowed to have a musket and form a militia during much rougher times.

Somehow that original intent has been stretched to mean owning high tech assault weapons. I'm not sure where they draw the line or why no one seems to be upset that they can't own RPGs or other anti air missiles, which would make far more sense for the purpose of fighting the government than hand guns and other small arms

I've enjoyed my fair share of guns for sport, but I would give it all back to end this madness.

Yet another reason to vote Hillary over Trump, as if we needed more.

Jobbs

Banned
I own two guns

murica

(no ammo in the house and I never use them, I just inherited them from my grandfather)

if the government wants to come take them I wouldn't care, especially if, as lili said, it ends the madness

The problem with the second amendment is the wording is shit. The intent made sense for the time. We had just broken away from Great Britain and there were fears that a disarmed populace would lead to a new cycle of tyranny.

They wanted you to be allowed to have a musket and form a militia during much rougher times.

Somehow that original intent has been stretched to mean owning high tech assault weapons. I'm not sure where they draw the line or why no one seems to be upset that they can't own RPGs or other anti air missiles, which would make far more sense for the purpose of fighting the government than hand guns and other small arms

Yeah. And essentially after the War of 1812 we realized militias were shit and we needed a standing national army. Which you know kind of goes against the intent of the 2nd amendment in the first place which was to prevent such a thing from happening.

Jobbs

Banned
why do people always say "now is not the time to discuss gun laws" during news of a mass shooting?

we should wait until there is no gun violence (aka wait forever) to discuss gun laws which would then be unnecessary. ohhhh kay?

Misha

Banned
why do people always say "now is not the time to discuss gun laws" during news of a mass shooting?

we should wait until there is no gun violence (aka wait forever) to discuss gun laws which would then be unnecessary. ohhhh kay?

Now is not the time to discuss discussing gun laws, jobbs.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
'Cause it's a good excuse to avoid talking about it. 'Cause they're afraid of the answer and afraid of change.

So what are your plans for the first conferences tonight? Imma watch EA for sure, probably the Giantbomb "we talk over the conference" stream. After that I'll probably head off though, you guys never think of us poor Euros with those times.

Xiao Hu

So what are your plans for the first conferences tonight? Imma watch EA for sure, probably the Giantbomb "we talk over the conference" stream. After that I'll probably head off though, you guys never think of us poor Euros with those times.

Oh boy, EA is 4am here in Shanghai. Either I go to sleep at 9 (in two hours) or I watch it later along side Bethesda. Microsoft is at 0:30, Ubisoft 4:00, Sony 9:00. Plus I don't know if my VPN can handle the live streams properly :/

Because it's never the right time. STOP POLITICIZING IT!

"Politicizing" it continually is the only way shit will change. Yes, it's awful that people have died. But it would be a disgraceful to just sit on the sidelines and let the status quo continue.

Jobbs

Banned
Because it's never the right time. STOP POLITICIZING IT!

"Politicizing" it continually is the only way shit will change. Yes, it's awful that people have died. But it would be a disgraceful to just sit on the sidelines and let the status quo continue.

I don't think anything can happen on guns for another generation or two. we need old people to die first

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Binge-watching Voltron on Netflix and suddenly having the urge of watching Evangelion again :<

I don't own any or have ever fired a gun , unless you count fps games :p laptop gun the &#128016;

The gun laws are a mess though but it'll never change with so many guns out there now , the thought of someone taking guns from someone with a gun is a disaster waiting to happen

Just gotta hope you don't get shot, which is sad to say

I'm tired anyway zzzzzzzz 6 am on a Sunday L wake up

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
One of my least favorite shithead posters recently got banned and I couldn't help but get excited about it.

FloatOn

Thanks for your concern Lili.

I accidentally drove past the the venue Christina Grimmie was shot and killed at last night around 11 and now I'm waking up to this news.

I'm completely disgusted and just so sad over how senseless gun violence is

Jobbs

Banned
^ good on them but I wish someone would take those kittens in :(

when singers who sound great on the album can't sing for shit live

cJCmto5.jpg

Kind of don't feel like going out on the town ever again :/

If I lived in Orlando I'd stay in for a couple days, probably... In fact, I'm nowhere near Orlando and I'm going to do that!

Xiao Hu

Well they still have their mother... On the other hand the one in the picture has a bloated belly, trab suggested it has worms. Another one has an injury on its right pawn that discharges pus if you adjust pressure a little bit. I should check how much the vet here costs.

SystemBug

when singers who sound great on the album can't sing for shit live

cJCmto5.jpg

If I lived in Orlando I'd stay in for a couple days, probably... In fact, I'm nowhere near Orlando and I'm going to do that!
There are so many random cats in Asian countries that it just seems like an almost impossible task.

Most times cats will just enter houses and call it their home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom