• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 7: The Dark Thirst Rises

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jobbs

Banned
BogusMessyFlee.gif

TBT

Jesus christmas I'm tired

Read tired as fired.

I hope I'm not presaging anything.

I just feel like I should probably do something like that more because I want to improve myself, rather than a silly celebrity crush on a gay woman from Montreal.

Legit though I really like learning French so it worked out.

I'm mainly doing it because I really like languages, French media, and French men.

Misha

Banned
I just feel like I should probably do something like that more because I want to improve myself, rather than a silly celebrity crush on a gay woman from Montreal.

Legit though I really like learning French so it worked out.

if you're into a Québécoise woman why are you learning french?

marrec

Banned
if you're into a Québécoise woman why are you learning french?

Mostly cause there's not a great resource to learn proper Quebecoise and it's close enough to get by in Montreal.

Been up there a couple times for work, and while most people didn't outwardly judge me for not speaking French, it was definitely an unspoken murmur. If my work keeps sending me to Canada it'll be useful.

Misha

Banned
Mostly cause there's not a great resource to learn proper Quebecoise and it's close enough to get by in Montreal.

Been up there a couple times for work, and while most people didn't outwardly judge me for not speaking French, it was definitely an unspoken murmur. If my work keeps sending me to Canada it'll be useful.

that was a joke

also brief french lesson: Québécoise is feminine, the dialect would be Québécois

marrec

Banned
that was a joke

also brief french lesson: Québécoise is feminine, the dialect would be Québécois

:lol thanks

There's enough of a difference that an ex of mine who helped my company translate a manual into French for a company in Montreal had to do multiple revisions for specific words that were different in Montreal, but ya in practice there is very little difference.

fuck hockeyguy. current emotional state: Orange is the new Black season finale.
holy shit.
I mean holy shit.
this season went from silly drama to being politically relevant.

Misha

Banned
:lol thanks

There's enough of a difference that an ex of mine who helped my company translate a manual into French for a company in Montreal had to do multiple revisions for specific words that were different in Montreal, but ya in practice there is very little difference.

same goes for british english to american english :p (to a lesser extent). imagine how confused americans would be if they got to a subway station where it was talking all about queues

marrec

Banned
I need to watch that show

The first season was really really good, but I just can't find the motivation to watch any more of it. I'm bad at TV.

same goes for british english to american english :p (to a lesser extent). imagine how confused americans would be if they got to a subway station where it was talking all about queues

True, same goes for Pittsburgh English and EVERYWHERE ELSE

marrec

Banned
if I sent you a pic of every weird guy I'd be talking to your inbox would explode.

*sends Xiao a picture of himself*

BURN!

I'm not sure it makes it into technical manuals :p

I don't know of any professional yinzer translators so you're probably right.

When you smell simething burning and its your arm hair while stirring your pasta. FML

Burned off quite a lot of my arm hair starting a fire Saturday night while camping. There's like, a fairly large bald spot that I think is going to take forever to grow back :(

Xiao Hu

if I sent you a pic of every weird guy I'd be talking to your inbox would explode.

Mr Manager doesn't count and your little quest for man booty is the solemn erotic entertainment that I get to enjoy these days.
Except for one flatmate who banged a chick one day before his girlfriend came back to Shanghai, he probably still doesn't know that she knows lol

*sends Xiao a picture of himself*

BURN!

And fuck you too, boi

Jobbs

Banned
When I put in my MN09 PSN code the checkbox comes up but then when I hit next it says no longer valid. Okay.

So now I get to pay them $20 and spend time complaining and asking for a new code which I'm sure will be fun and easy -- Just to play a game that jucks

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
When I put in my MN09 PSN code the checkbox comes up but then when I hit next it says no longer valid. Okay.

So now I get to pay them $20 and spend time complaining and asking for a new code which I'm sure will be fun and easy -- Just to play a game that jucks
It's okay, they sent me three codes for the same piece of DLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom