• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 8: Overthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clydefrog

y4ZGW9E.jpg

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
"It's always fun to have your own theory, even if it's completely fucking wrong."

-Kristian Nairn

hodor.jpg

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
It's always fun to have a completely stupid fucking plot element that makes no rational sense
Leave it to you to kill the hype behind such a powerful scene smh

Your future quoting was also ironically appropriate

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me

When can we expect Em's review?

"When the light of the sealedbeam cut over the field he was lying prone upon a watermelon with his overalls about his knees. The beam swept past, stopped, returned to fix upon his alabaster nates looming moonlike out of the dark. He rose vertically, pale, weightless, like some grim tellurian wraith, up over the violated fruit with arms horrible and off across the fields hauling wildly at the folds of old rank denim that hobbled him."

Mccarthy, Cormac. Suttree (p. 32). Random House, Inc.. Kindle Edition.

Jobbs

Banned
what do you guys think of this piece? is it too busy? does it lack direction? I have been fooling with it for a while and I don't really know anymore.

3DF395f.png

Jobbs can you give me that haircut?

dude I wish, I haven't even unraveled its mysteries in the least

A little hoarse, but he did his absolute best. Didn't pull any punches.

https://youtu.be/TVVgASJjA50

wow. that's actually really surprisingly good live audio. whoever does their sound is really on point. they all sound great!

thanks I enjoyed that =]

wow. that's actually really surprisingly good live audio. whoever does their sound is really on point. they all sound great!

thanks I enjoyed that =]

You're welcome! It's the Dolby theater (formerly Kodak) so they better have their sound on point haha.

what do you guys think of this piece? is it too busy? does it lack direction? I have been fooling with it for a while and I don't really know anymore.

3DF395f.png

I think it looks very nice. Compositionally, it's kind of curious that there are essentially two focus points (the moon and the place that lil blue is staring at).

not bad

that's a legend you just saw. damn!

he lives on Maui :)

edit: actually sounds like someone missed the beat at 1:18

Yeah, it was a good time. He's in his seventies, so probably won't be touring for much longer.

Jobbs

Banned
I think it looks very nice. Compositionally, it's kind of curious that there are essentially two focus points (the moon and the place that lil blue is staring at).

Yeah.. The concept was a bit half baked. I started with the character as the central point, I wanted the character to be framed by the environment and the focus to be the great burden on her as she presses forward toward something. That's the reason for the posture and the alarmed look that the puffed up cloak gives.

I tried to construct terrain that framed her and filled out the poster, but at some point I think I lost the composition as you noticed. hmm.

Incidentally, if I flip it right it seems to make more sense to me, though that may be my bias

Personally, I liked it with the scanlines.

they're still there, they're just faded. the greater worry are the actual compositional elements

Yeah.. The concept was a bit half baked. I started with the character as the central point, I wanted the character to be framed by the environment and the focus to be the great burden on her as she presses forward toward something. That's the reason for the posture and the alarmed look that the puffed up cloak gives.

I tried to construct terrain that framed her and filled out the poster, but at some point I think I lost the composition as you noticed. hmm.

Incidentally, if I flip it right it seems to make more sense to me, though that may be my bias

Part of what you're noticing may be conditioning to see right-facing movement as progress. This happens mostly because we read things from left to right, so things moving that way seem to be moving forwards. I don't put too much interest in the theory myself but I know several visual directors would swear by it.

Trump turned 70 this year too.

He, also, is touring around the country.

Hmm, good point.

Jobbs

Banned
Part of what you're noticing may be conditioning to see right-facing movement as progress. This happens mostly because we read things from left to right, so things moving that way seem to be moving forwards. I don't put too much interest in the theory myself but I know several visual directors would swear by it.

It's not just progress being right though. I could swear I'm seeing a diagonal line going from upper left to lower right, causing a direction of the image to look like she's going DOWN, which is interesting.

Again, though, I think that may just be my bias because I've been looking at it mostly this way.

In any case I'm a bit stuck unless I want her gun arm to be wrong. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom