• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 8: Overthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misha

Banned
I know but I took the chance to address it since its the first time I eat tofu and I think people were exaggerating with the reaction of it being gross. I guess if you don't season it the worst you get is something with a bland taste. I think the closest thing I could compare it to is nearly flavorless cheese if anything
Cheese is pretty gross on its own tho
Tempted to plan a trip to Newport before the end of summer because I haven't been to the beach in about a year...and I want a Dratini.
Took me awhile to realize you weren't talking about the Newport I've been to

Asking this here because there's no chance it ever gets back to him— I had a rather intense sex dream involving a girl friend of mine. I'm not putting any stock in it, but is this something I should be telling my boyfriend about? If you were in a relationship is that something you would want to know about, or would it worry you unnecessarily? I want to think he'd just laugh it off with me but I don't know for sure.

Hahaha, nah. This would be the Newport closer to where I live. Either there or Huntington. I need a beach trip.
I'm super biased but come to Newport.

Cheese is pretty gross on its own tho

Took me awhile to realize you weren't talking about the Newport I've been to

The one you're thinking of is the better one anyway ;)

In other news, God is real and Her name is Alycia

tumblr_oa7jw3pZAF1s3llnuo1_400.jpg

PUPPY SC FILTER REDEEMED

FloatOn

just spent the past hour off and on debating a friend of mine that is a diehard Bernie fan that is super salty about the endorsement.

like he HATES Hillary. and after the discussion here last week I'm all about her now.

pretty frustrating when people can't see that voting third party is basically tossing your vote in the trash.

Asking this here because there's no chance it ever gets back to him— I had a rather intense sex dream involving a girl friend of mine. I'm not putting any stock in it, but is this something I should be telling my boyfriend about? If you were in a relationship is that something you would want to know about, or would it worry you unnecessarily? I want to think he'd just laugh it off with me but I don't know for sure.

It really depends on how repressed he is.

If it were me you were telling about this I wouldn't care because you were dreaming about a female who could obviously satisfy you in ways that I would never be able to due to biology. Now if you were having sex dreams about another guy that would be totally different.

I'm super biased but come to Newport.
why would you tell him :eek: it's just a dream. I wouldn't bring it up unless I was aiming for a threesome or something. or maybe just as a funny story but it's nothing I would feel obligated to tell someone.
Tomorrow morning, I'm not prepared in the slightest yet ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
report back asap!

Jobbs

Banned

I wouldn't want to hear about it. I'd feel jealous. That said, guys (probably?) aren't a monolith

In other news, God is real and Her name is Alycia

PUPPY SC FILTER REDEEMED

puppy filter has always been amazing are you kidding? :D

though I confess myself surprised at this display of thirst after an apparently amazing night last night!

It really depends on how repressed he is.

If it were me you were telling about this I wouldn't care because you were dreaming about a female who could obviously satisfy you in ways that I would never be able to due to biology. Now if you were having sex dreams about another guy that would be totally different.

That's what I'm hoping for, but I just don't know.

why would you tell him :eek: it's just a dream. I wouldn't bring it up unless I was aiming for a threesome or something. or maybe just as a funny story but it's nothing I would feel obligated to tell someone.

I wouldn't want to hear about it. I'd feel jealous. That said, guys (probably?) aren't a monolith

Alright, sounds like I'll just keep this to myself for now unless there's a super light and funny way to bring it up.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
color's a bit flowy looking with the foil but hey

It's roughly 1.6 inches high on its tallest point, so I'm super happy with the detail work.

I'll let you know if I do.

Conflicted. On what grounds should I abandon someone? I don't mind helping anyone who's having a difficult time or just needs someone to talk to but it's detrimental to me at times.
That's hard to say. Usually it feels enriching to help people, so often times the kind of drag you're experiencing is due to the feeling that your efforts are going nowhere.

I would say take a good look at the situation. Are you actually helping, or are you just simulating efforts that are helpful in a general case but not here? Is there something else you could be doing that's more helpful?

Of course it's good to help people, but you need to take care of yourself too.

zeemumu

That's hard to say. Usually it feels enriching to help people, so often times the kind of drag you're experiencing is due to the feeling that your efforts are going nowhere.

I would say take a good look at the situation. Are you actually helping, or are you just simulating efforts that are helpful in a general case but not here? Is there something else you could be doing that's more helpful?

Of course it's good to help people, but you need to take care of yourself too.

I'd say I'm being actually helpful. I do my best to help whoever with their problems but I don't appreciate getting dumped on the moment the first chance they get. I usually tell myself that I should just leave them to handle their own shit the next time they need help but it's pretty hard for me to not offer some kind of help if they really need it. Reminds me a bit of fishing for compliments.

jb1234

I'd say I'm being actually helpful. I do my best to help whoever with their problems but I don't appreciate getting dumped on the moment the first chance they get. I usually tell myself that I should just leave them to handle their own shit the next time they need help but it's pretty hard for me to not offer some kind of help if they really need it. Reminds me a bit of fishing for compliments.

Is it a two-way street? Are they there for you if you need them? If not, I'd reconsider the friendship, especially if they're using you as a dumping ground that much. I try very hard to maintain balance in my friendships. Sometimes I need people to dump on (lord knows I have issues) but I also don't want to be a Negative Nancy all the time.

zeemumu

Is it a two-way street? Are they there for you if you need them? If not, I'd reconsider the friendship, especially if they're using you as a dumping ground that much. I try very hard to maintain balance in my friendships. Sometimes I need people to dump on (lord knows I have issues) but I also don't want to be a Negative Nancy all the time.

That's not a very good unit of measure for me because I rarely ever ask for anything, so I don't want to gauge the value of the friendship on how often they go out of their way for me.

I'M BACK.

I have a fuckton of stories, mainly about the guy on the plane that thought it would be hilarious to open the exit hatch mid-flight (he was white so he was not perma-banned from the plane instantly).

I honestly wouldn't if you don't think it's anything more than a run-of-the-mill sex dream. It would just make him nervous on some level. Obviously I wouldn't be able to say what level because I don't know Justin. If it's harmless then there is no reason to pursue that future conversation.

Jobbs

Banned
stop protecting your true feelings by acting aloof. we're on to you jobbs!

you sound so enthused

idkmybffj

I find her physically attractive but the dynamic outside of that seems a bit lacking, we have little flirting games we do (mostly over text tbh) but there's not a lot of substance and her friends/scene make me feel a little out of place

I'm getting a mix of sympathy, encouragement, and superciliousness. I call that one the speedball.

Anyone know where tf Marrec is?

Did Tinder woman take his kidney and leave him in an alley?
they're probably having sex
idkmybffj

I find her physically attractive but the dynamic outside of that seems a bit lacking, we have little flirting games we do (mostly over text tbh) but there's not a lot of substance and her friends/scene make me feel a little out of place

yeah riiiightt. that's why you invested so much time in her >:)
that's you:
giphy.gif

zeemumu

Jobbs are you doing that "there's a good thing happening but I'm gonna play it off as not being as good as it actually is" thing that people do when they say they're afraid of failing a class when it's the end of the semester/quarter and they're sitting at a 98%?

Jobbs are you doing that "there's a good thing happening but I'm gonna play it off as not being as good as it actually is" thing that people do when they say they're afraid of failing a class when it's the end of the semester/quarter and they're sitting at a 98%?

probably. but he'd never admit it. I mean there has to be some sort of spark going on for even seeing her that long now!

Jobbs

Banned

probably. but he'd never admit it. I mean there has to be some sort of spark going on for even seeing her that long now!

well the spark is because of duh

maybe you guys can't relate to being a complex grizzled old man + tortured artist

tumblr_inline_o5zwbdPpJa1u6lp1n_500.gif

zeemumu

maybe you guys can't relate to being a complex grizzled old man + tortured artist

No but I CAN relate to nitpicking the shit out of good things in your life out of irrational fear. Best not to do it now. If you consider your high points problematic then it makes everything underneath them a downhill slope.

I relate to being a complex grizzled old man awfully well.
this one dude on Tinder asked me out two times now and I'm just like
hey there hot boy who stopped responding
giphy.gif

dralla

This Ghost Trick game is pretty gud. Castlevania Order of Ecclasia was on sale too so I picked that up too. God damn DS games are more expensive than new games on PSN/Steam D:

Like, this dude would not fucking shut up to the stewardess about how hilarious it would be if he pulled the exit hatch lever mid-flight.

Did I already tell this story?

jb1234

That's not a very good unit of measure for me because I rarely ever ask for anything, so I don't want to gauge the value of the friendship on how often they go out of their way for me.

And I'll admit that I'm projecting a tad. I went through a series of friends when I was younger who bailed on me after I got sick and it made me very paranoid of fair-weather friendships in general.

Jobbs

Banned
I relate to being a complex grizzled old man awfully well.
this one dude on Tinder asked me out two times now and I'm just like
hey there hot boy who stopped responding
giphy.gif

it sounds like you understand perfectly. so let me be emo in peace pls

No but I CAN relate to nitpicking the shit out of good things in your life out of irrational fear. Best not to do it now. If you consider your high points problematic then it makes everything underneath them a downhill slope.

I appreciate the thought and these do sound like wise words

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom