• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 8: Overthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jobbs

Banned
What other kinds of neighborhoods are there besides residential?

I don't know. Maybe there are college areas where it's more common or something. In a little neighborhood like this you don't usually see teens/20 somethings trick or treating

Misha

Banned
I don't know. Maybe there are college areas where it's more common or something. In a little neighborhood like this you don't usually see teens/20 somethings trick or treating

It happens till people move out(basically age 18 for college) where I live.

Tho part of the reason is cause there isn't a ton of people going around in the first place so you don't have to buy a ton of candy and the streets aren't congested. Could totally see both of those things I mentioned being an issue in denser neighborhoods and a reason to limit it to certain ages.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
It's 5:50 in the morning and im awake cause ix can't sleep anymore :(

JB how was your Board Game thing

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Speaking of Alice, I still can't believe there is a person whose real birth name was American McGee
I've seen much stranger names. Not to downplay how weird this is, but some people give no fucks about naming their children.

I'd probably enjoy being a scare actor for Halloween horror nights or Knotts scary farm

This was huge for a couple of my friends in high school, but the hours are harsh. Spend a couple hours putting makeup on in hot clothes each day, then stay up into the wee of the night over and over again.

I'm grateful though. Knotts Scary Farm is probably my favorite theme park experience, and I try to go at least once every year.

I've seen much stranger names. Not to downplay how weird this is, but some people give no fucks about naming their children.

It's not a weird name so much as it sounds like a joke name, like if someone was actually named Boaty McBoatface.

zeemumu

Reminds me of the time when I introduced myself and this white girl asked if my parents were hippies or if I was just foreign.

I kinda want to believe that the twist was that you were named after the Batman punch sound effect but they didn't want to make it obvious so they changed it from Pow to Pau.

zeemumu

This was huge for a couple of my friends in high school, but the hours are harsh. Spend a couple hours putting makeup on in hot clothes each day, then stay up into the wee of the night over and over again.

I'm grateful though. Knotts Scary Farm is probably my favorite theme park experience, and I try to go at least once every year.

Same. I managed to get my best friend to come with me for the first time last year and it was a blast. I always enjoy going to Knotts Scary Farm. If you end up going this year you should let me know and we can go in a group or something.

Pau

I thought the Waynes were well known
:p

Pau adds a new member to the Wayne family every month or so it feels like.
Haven't added any since Damian back in 2006!

I kinda want to believe that the twist was that you were named after the Batman punch sound effect but they didn't want to make it obvious so they changed it from Pow to Pau.
Yup, lots of Batman fans in Colombia willing to name their daughters after the sound effect. It does help people remember though if I explain it that way! :p

Rare snapshot of Pau during gestation.

Vy4edxX.png

Haven't added any since Damian back in 2006!

I know, but I keep finding out about more and more of them, and mostly from you :p

Same. I managed to get my best friend to come with me for the first time last year and it was a blast. I always enjoy going to Knotts Scary Farm. If you end up going this year you should let me know and we can go in a group or something.

Ooh, I'll keep that in mind in case I'm not able to wrangle a lot of people on my own. Thanks! :)

Stranger Things goes up on Netflix tomorrow. Looks so cool. I love shit set in the 80's!

Anyone else planning to watch this?

I didn't live in the 80's at all, so the whole set design already feels alien, which means the premise of "weird things happen in normal town" feel more like "weirder things happen in weird town". I like weirder though, so I may give it a watch. Though it will be hard to wash off the "ugh, this feels like E.T. and the goonies."

Fuuuuck, I HATE pregnant belly buttons

maxresdefault.jpg

Stranger Things goes up on Netflix tomorrow. Looks so cool. I love shit set in the 80's!

I was there since the first trailer.

Everything else I've been hearing come out, that's it's Goonies meet King meets Speilberg, makes me even more excited.

It could be the best NetFlix show since Grace & Frankie.

Jobbs

Banned
I didn't live in the 80's at all, so the whole set design already feels alien, which means the premise of "weird things happen in normal town" feel more like "weirder things happen in weird town". I like weirder though, so I may give it a watch. Though it will be hard to wash off the "ugh, this feels like E.T. and the goonies."

You liked Freaks & Geeks, right?

I was a little kid in the 80s and barely remember it, but it was still kind of a cool time period and one that's fun to visit in movies/shows

zeemumu

There's a show on Freeform or some channel called Dead of Summer that takes place during the 80's. It's got a lot going on but from what I can tell it's about a bunch of counselors at a camp next to a lake where murder happened and the ghost of the Candyman is there.

I'm watching it right now.

Pau

That's slightly terrifying. I'm already uncomfortable with the idea of another human being growing inside of me. I wouldn't need to see it too. D:

You liked Freaks & Geeks, right?

I was a little kid in the 80s and barely remember it, but it was still kind of a cool time period and one that's fun to visit in movies/shows

There's a show on Freeform or some channel called Dead of Summer that takes place during the 80's. It's got a lot going on but from what I can tell it's about a bunch of counselors at a camp next to a lake where murder happened and the ghost of the Candyman is there.

Hmm, good point. I like both of those shows.

Maybe it's the young kids angle that's putting me off of Stranger Things.

Jobbs

Banned
That's slightly terrifying. I'm already uncomfortable with the idea of another human being growing inside of me. I wouldn't need to see it too. D:

To me the idea of going through pregnancy sounds horrifying. It's like legit body horror.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I wish humans reproduced like amoebas. Far less disgusting.

Jobbs

Banned

Oh snap, Zelda Williams? I like her. Is this on any streaming service?

I tell myself that so many people have gone through pregnancy that it can't really be that bad but eh. I think I'll pass.

I've been told that it's a matter of "your body wanting it" (I heard this from a woman). In many cases it does, but if it doesn't, that's fine too.

*pissbomb*

I threw away one of my bathbombs from the variety pack because it was something weird that I didn't like. I don't think it was piss, but I can't quite remember.

zeemumu

Oh snap, Zelda Williams? I like her. Is this on any streaming service?

I've been told that it's a matter of your "body wanting it" (I heard this from a woman). In many cases it does, but if it doesn't, that's fine too.

Not to my knowledge.

The characters are subverting my expectations of 80's camp counselors in a horror scenario.

Pau

I've been told that it's a matter of "your body wanting it" (I heard this from a woman). In many cases it does, but if it doesn't, that's fine too.
We'll see if that ever happens. Although I'm more concerned and against what comes after, tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom