• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 8: Overthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jobbs

Banned
What does that mean tho?

2g9Lnvt.gif

I imagine what she was describing was a deeply felt biological urge to carry a child, perhaps in some ways comparable to other reproductive urges many people have.

Misha

Banned
I imagine what she was describing was a deeply felt biological urge to carry a child, perhaps in some ways comparable to other reproductive urges many people have.
What would be a "biological urge" tho?

The thing is tho I think I can relate which has some obvious issues... would rather that not be the case

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

The thing is tho I think I can relate which has some obvious issues... would rather that not be the case
It's not really any weirder than wanting to have sex with someone.

Oh snap, Zelda Williams? I like her. Is this on any streaming service?

Hulu had it last time I checked but I can't right now. I seem to be IP banned. I wonder if that's because I helped Symphonia set up an extralegal account there. Gonna go restart the router and see if that helps. edit: yes! That did the trick, and Dead of Summer is available on Hulu++

zeemumu

Not sure what you mean. You mean its the same thing as? Cause I never said it was strange. I'm just curious what that's supposed to be like

Sex is part of the biological urge to reproduce. Every time you have sex without the goal of reproducing you're still tricking your body into thinking you did. The pleasure aspect is just your body goading you into making the effort to reproduce while you're still capable of doing so.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Not sure what you mean. You mean its the same thing as? Cause I never said it was strange. I'm just curious what that's supposed to be like
Well, I meant it probably feels similar. Kind of hard to explain. "Biological urges" are pure feeling, words don't really do them justice.

SolVanderlyn

I don't really know what that feels like
Have you ever been really hungry? It's similar. Just a complete primal urge.

Crossposting selfie from FaceGAF because I'm a narcissistic bastard.

Misha

Banned
If you've ever found someone attractive then you know what it feels like to some extent.
So similar to finding a bunny adorable?
Have you ever been really hungry? It's similar. Just a complete primal urge.
Maybe. I always forget what hungry feels like tho and get it mixed up.
I guess thinking about this with my upper response in mind, the most common thing that might fit it is reaction to cute things. If that's the case then I would say I'm probably thinking of the right thing (though I still dont understand the link between attraction and sex)

Probably should have just waited to bring this up to the doctor tho tbh

zeemumu

Er...I hope not...

It's like anything else you do. You know how you could not eat anything unhealthy for the rest of your life but you still feel compelled to eat unhealthy food every now and then because the unhealthy food tastes good and it's messing with the pleasure center of your brain? It's like that. Your brain starts screwing with parts of your brain to urge you to reproduce because that's all we're really supposed to do if you remove the societal aspect of human life.

Umm excuse me Bruce doesn't train them to be assassins. Other people do. :mad:

I mean Bruce is technically responsible for Jason Todd's combat proficiency so that one's on him. One's like Damien are completely out of his control, though. Remember in Injustice where alternate timeline Damien killed Dick and became the new Nightwing?

Maybe. I always forget what hungry feels like tho and get it mixed up.
I guess thinking about this with my upper response in mind, the most common thing that might fit it is reaction to cute things. If that's the case then I would say I'm probably thinking of the right thing (though I still dont understand the link between attraction and sex)

Probably should have just waited to bring this up to the doctor tho tbh

Sort of the same as finding a bunny adorable I guess? But then like many times worse and every time you see a baby you want one of your own. It is constantly desiring it, just because, for little rational reason.

I think my urges work for tacos instead of babies though. Food cravings are kind of similar I suppose.

SolVanderlyn

Sort of the same as finding a bunny adorable I guess? But then like many times worse and every time you see a baby you want one of your own. It is constantly desiring it, just because, for little rational reason.

I think my urges work for tacos instead of babies though. Food cravings are kind of similar I suppose.
Burritos > tacos

My urges are confined to pizza.
However, they are both but vassals to this lord

Misha

Banned
Er...I hope not...

It's like anything else you do. You know how you could not eat anything unhealthy for the rest of your life but you still feel compelled to eat unhealthy food every now and then because the unhealthy food tastes good and it's messing with the pleasure center of your brain? It's like that. Your brain starts screwing with parts of your brain to urge you to reproduce because that's all we're really supposed to do if you remove the societal aspect of human life.
Why is that bad tho? Good art would be something else id mention has a similar feeling

Healthy food feels better on the brain than unhealthy food but I know what you're saying there. It makes a lot more sense to me since its more simple. Want food -> get food

I definitely get wanting to have a baby. Seems pretty straight forward. Wanting to *have* a baby tho is a bit more abstract
Pretty sure Misha is joking at this point
No. I seriously dont understand attraction.

SolVanderlyn

Almost finished with DOOM. Shit, it gets hard near the end.
Bruh, it gets hard at the beginning. At least if you suck at it as much as I do.

zeemumu

Gay romance? They dead

They're two of the only characters that I'm okay with, though. Aside from them, main hero girl, and the deputy, everyone else is either creepy or unlikable.

Yeah, I'm curious to see how this plays out. It feels like it's in bad taste, but maybe it's actually super progressive? All I know is I'm not the right authority to speak into it being neither of those things.

If it was progressive it'd be ironic because the show takes place in the 80's

Jobbs

Banned
No. I seriously dont understand attraction.

I don't know how to explain it. It's a deep biological imperative. For me the urges are comprised of a cocktail of different types of thoughts and feelings, none of them can be compared exactly to finding a bunny cute, though. They're deeply felt; absolutely elemental to who and what I am.

Conversely, I can't really understand what it's like to NOT be governed by these instincts. I think about sex regularly throughout the day. It's just part of living. Windows.

SolVanderlyn

I don't know how to explain it. It's a deep biological imperative. For me the urges are comprised of a cocktail of different types of thoughts and feelings, none of them can be compared exactly to finding a bunny cute, though. They're deeply felt; absolutely elemental to who and what I am.

Conversely, I can't really understand what it's like to NOT be governed by these instincts. I think about sex regularly throughout the day. It's just part of living. Windows.
You don't remember being a kid and feeling no sexual attraction?

You give me the hummingbird heartbeat
Spread my wings and make me fly
The taste of your honey is so sweet
When you give me the hummingbird heartbeat, hummingbird heartbeat
Oh oh
Hummingbird heartbeat
Oh oh
Hummingbird heartbeat

lzRSbbh.gif

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
(though I still dont understand the link between attraction and sex)

It's really simple, the brain wants you to fuck hot people because hot cavemen were more likely to live long enough to care for their babies to turn into hot people, because they had strong hot bodies, and then they passed down their strong hot body genes to their babies, and the the hot people who also had a strong preference for other hot people doubled the amount of hot people genes in their babies.

Also women are shorter because shorter people are more likely to survive childbirth probably because of higher levels of adipose body fat or gravity or some shit

Also koinophilia or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom