• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 8: Overthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come here, sweety pie :3

Are you nervous about the wedding, my little lobster?

ha

no. Not nervous because I don't expect anything to go wrong, and very little pressure is on me personally. I am anxious though. I wish it was happening already.

The only thing I'm kind of worried about is that I'm going to have to totally ignore my cousins for the duration of the ceremony and reception, which is going to bum them out because they don't know anybody else at the event, but my sister and I spent all day with them today and we'll have part of tomorrow with them as well, so it should be fine hopefully.

I'll smooch you!

Clearly I should set up a kissing booth.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Clearly I should set up a kissing booth.

image.php

Jobbs

Banned
I painted over my toe nails to hide the injury. this feels so wrong

like putting makeup on a corpse (which I guess they do..)

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
I painted over my toe nails to hide the injury. this feels so wrong

like putting makeup on a corpse (which I guess they do..)
They do.

Speaking of corpses. 2 people died today. 2! (Neither of them were my fault FYI. One was palliative and one was drowning in his own fluids)

Lucian Cat

I'm glad neither were your fault, but just out of curiosity has this ever happened and been your fault?
I had someone fall out of bed and break their neck once. Right in front of me. They were able to walk around and whatnot. Then 2 weeks later they died. No idea why.

This was many many years ago. I went home and got drunk I was so upset.

Jobbs

Banned
I had someone fall out of bed and break their neck once. Right in front of me. They were able to walk around and whatnot. Then 2 weeks later they died. No idea why.

I bet you were like

giphy.gif

(sorry for the gallows humor..)

I'm just curious why it is you opted to work at an old person's home? Was it just because it was a good opportunity, or were there other reasons?

I don't mean to be callous but I find them a bit depressing -- I know that's kind of bad to say, because those are people living there, but... I dunno. They're people just waiting to die, basically, and I find that upsetting.

Lucian Cat

I bet you were like

giphy.gif

(sorry for the gallows humor..)

I'm just curious why it is you opted to work at an old person's home? Was it just because it was a good opportunity, or were there other reasons?

I don't mean to be callous but I find them a bit depressing -- I know that's kind of bad to say, because those are people living there, but... I dunno. They're people just waiting to die, basically, and I find that upsetting.
I'd just quit a job at a supermarket and there were carer traineeships going at my mum's work. So I got one at 19 and just stayed in that industry. I like old people. Young people suck.

Jobbs

Banned
I'd just quit a job at a supermarket and there were carer traineeships going at my mum's work. So I got one at 19 and just stayed in that industry. I like old people. Young people suck.

You'd like me. I'm old, and when I'm not sitting around, I'm out injuring myself.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
oh god jobbs is totally a mid-late 20s "i'm old" fuck oh god why

speaking of oh god why, hey jobbs do you wanna to a beerterview with my website about ghost song and beer

i wont pay you but australians might read it

in fact we dont even need to talk about ghost song

Jobbs

Banned
oh god jobbs is totally a mid-late 20s "i'm old" fuck oh god why

speaking of oh god why, hey jobbs do you wanna to a beerterview with my website about ghost song and beer

i wont pay you but australians might read it

in fact we dont even need to talk about ghost song

I don't know anything about beer. :( what's the website?

You're as faceblind as the girls at Jumbo Video (RIP).

and I've got the face of several animals, none of them human

The Poet's Tale in Hyperion. WHEW.

The world building and subtle philosophizing in this book are phenomenal. Supremely awkward sex scene aside, everything else is on point.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I don't write much for RC tbh, mainly due to time / life. Was a regular writing for PALGN and co-founded RC, but as time went by my regular investments reduced. Would like to get back into video content though.

Good looking layout Children.

Thanks. Built between myself and another, though we're not happy with it and another more modern (and far less buggy) is in the pipes. We've used this layout for a couple of years now maybe.

Now that's how you name a website.

We just ran with it and here we are. Thanks!

EatChildren

hit me up in my privates if you are interested and I'll see what we can see (I must warn you I tend to procrastinate badly on this stuff)

I'm a serial procrastinator so we can set the content for a tentative release in 2027.

EatChildren

South Park Bigger, Longer and Uncut is a genius musical.

We've got skilled coders here. Anybody know Python ITT?

I've got a text file with the following characters

Code:

Each line has the same number of characters and so does each row. All have a new line except for the last one.

Code:
        #Traverse and read into 2D array
	level = numpy.zeros((fLength,fHeight))
	xPos = 0
	yPos = 0

#CURRENTLY BROKEN AND PRINTING UPSIDE DOWN?
	for line in f:

xPos = 0;

for x in range(fLength):
			character = f.read(1)
			level[xPos][yPos] = int(character)
			xPos+=1

yPos += 1

print (level)

The idea is to read the text file into an array, converting the characters into numbers. It does this, but the order is warped. This is the output of the 2D numpy array:

pythonarray6foj4.png

What have I fucked up spectacularly here?

We've got skilled coders here. Anybody know Python ITT?

I've got a text file with the following characters

Code:

Each line has the same number of characters and so does each row. All have a new line except for the last one.

Code:
        #Traverse and read into 2D array
	level = numpy.zeros((fLength,fHeight))
	xPos = 0
	yPos = 0

#CURRENTLY BROKEN AND PRINTING UPSIDE DOWN?
	for line in f:

xPos = 0;

for x in range(fLength):
			character = f.read(1)
			level[xPos][yPos] = int(character)
			xPos+=1

yPos += 1

print (level)

The idea is to read the text file into an array, converting the characters into numbers. It does this, but the order is warped. This is the output of the 2D numpy array:

pythonarray6foj4.png

What have I fucked up spectacularly here?

You reversed your x and y?
Oh wait, nvm that is weird.

You reversed your x and y?

I originally thought this, but if I flip them it just gets out of bounds. I've put in some tracing code and basically, I'm starting at 0,0, and going to 0,1, 0,2 and what's being put into the array doesn't correspond to those x,y coordinates, it doesn't make sense whether it's upside down or not. it's like, upside down, and mirror imaged, and then also there's a stray column of 0s on the right that should be on the far left, even if it was upside down. There's 2 consecutive 0 columns, and the 1's are directly at the edge of the array, whereas on the original file there is a column of 0's one on each side.

I'm investigating the behaviour of f.read(1) currently, I'm wondering if it's somehow behaving not as I expected it to.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Drakengard:

What the fuck: The game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom