• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 8: Overthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

dralla

I will not lie, if I met Lea, I'd probably be awkward as fuck around her.

I'm always awkward with people I've only known online (at least on the first meet up), and it's not even in my nature to be awkward around people. It's a completely different way of being with someone.

Would practice make it easier? More dates = more comfortable?

I remember the first online date I went on a few years back, I was so nervous I couldn't even talk. She asked me in the middle of the date if I wanted to leave. Now a days it's the complete opposite, I'm so loose and comfortable, more comfortable than I am around people I know sometimes, it's strange.

I don't like it. well I don't dislike it either but I don't really care for MK. plus I'd never play video games on a date. I already do that enough during my home alone-slob life. on dates I just want to get to know the person and talk.
I'm not talking first date, that would be a bad idea. I mean after you've gone out with a person and feel comfortable. Playing games with a person can be surprisingly intimate and lots of fun, of course.

I don't like it. well I don't dislike it either but I don't really care for MK. plus I'd never play video games on a date. I already do that enough during my home alone-slob life. on dates I just want to get to know the person and talk.
Double Dash is best Mario Kart. The rest aren't that great.

Diddy Kong Racing is better

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Guys tend to lose interest real fast when we talk about games

Guy: "Oh, you like games? Me too!"

Holly: "Cool, what have you been playing lately"

Guy: "Oh, everythng, like I played some Street Fighter earlier, the Gran Turismo is cool too. What about you?"

Holly: "Well, I've been really into Master of Monsters for Saturn but Gundam Breaker 3 has really sucked me in as well, And Pocket Jockey has toooootally consumed me. Also, I've been working through a replay Baten Kaitos"

Guy: ....

Guy: "Oh, everythng, like I played some Street Fighter earlier, the Gran Turismo is cool too. What about you?"

Holly: "Well, I've been really into Master of Monsters for Saturn but Gundam Breaker 3 has really sucked me in as well, And Pocket Jockey has toooootally consumed me. Also, I've been working through a replay Baten Kaitos"

Yeah, I need to hold back when someone asks about my work or games I play. But that doesn't happen too often.

this post. like for real.

that's the problem if you have really specific and intense preferences :/

Ceallach

I never had a Saturn growing up and got one last year nor played Saturn bomberman but 10 players sounds like insane fun :eek:

Those gold cards were bullshit, but I got to the last world and beat that shit

You can also be Bonk and a ton of other Hudson characters

maxresdefault.jpg

zeemumu

I'm always awkward with people I've only known online (at least on the first meet up), and it's not even in my nature to be awkward around people. It's a completely different way of being with someone.

I've only ever met backslash and Actstriker but that wasn't really awkward.

Even if I'm not into the thing being referenced I still like to learn about other people's interests. It's cool when someone's really passionate about something. That's usually the case when my friends reference anime/manga that I've never watched/read. I don't have already be into the subject to be interested in it.

Are you really put off by the guy getting the name of Dark Souls wrong?

Seems like it would really limit whomever you date maybe too much. :eek:

I mean..like a bit! he claimed he played it with his roommate so idk. it doesn't help that he's generally not a big talker about things he's interested in. it's more like I mention stuff (like Dark Souls for example) and he just says he likes it too but I don't know if that's really true

zeemumu

music is another big thing....like I can't say I'm into punk or emo because they will answer "oh yeah I like My Chemical Romance too!"

If they're only surface and willing to learn more about the genre then it might be worth a shot to introduce them to other bands that you like, as long as they're willing to learn, anyway.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I don't even listen to music aside from soundtracks so that is a definite conversation problem for me

Jobbs

Banned
I mean..like a bit! he claimed he played it with his roommate so idk. it doesn't help that he's generally not a big talker about things he's interested in. it's more like I mention stuff (like Dark Souls for example) and he just says he likes it too but I don't know if that's really true

oh my god it's so easy to mess things up with you haha

Ceallach

music is another big thing....like I can't say I'm into punk or emo because they will answer "oh yeah I like My Chemical Romance too!"

Oh yeah, like when I start listing my favorite bands, like Rumspringer, Mean Jeans, Converge, Marina City, etc or when I lead with Ghost is my favorite, it tends to get weird

Or when I say I like hip hop and rattle off shit like Atmosphere, Brother Ali, POS, Dessa, Lil Ugly mane, etc

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
As someone who considers music a super important part of my life

I genuinely can't comprehend this
99% of people can't.

I listen to music near constantly, but no bands. The only time I have ever been to concerts is when my friends dragged me along.

Ah, that's pretty reasonable. But too bad.

I don't even listen to music aside from soundtracks so that is a definite conversation problem for me

Me sort of too. Until like a bit more than a year ago I pretty much didn't listen to music at all. I could never concentrate on anything else if I had music on. But then I had to work fulltime and music kept it a bit more interesting.

I still don't listen to music at all though when I'm home. But I'm trying to expend my taste.

Would practice make it easier? More dates = more comfortable?

I'm not even talking about dating. I don't have any real experience with online dating.

The problem for me is finding something to talk about. It's easy to drop in and out of conversation online as topics you feel like talking about come and go, but offline you can't have dead air like that, so you have to know the person well or be really inquisitive or whatever.

Holly I think you're just unique in your interests. If somebody talked to me like that my eyes would glaze over too!

oh my god it's so easy to mess things up with you haha
it's not. I just want to know how this guy ticks you know. it doesn't feel really heartfelt if he waits for you to bring something up just to agree like "oh yeah I like that too" (especially of he gets the name wrong)
when I ask him what he likes he always gives general answers like "all kinds of stuff"

Oh yeah, like when I start listing my favorite bands, like Rumspringer, Mean Jeans, Converge, Marina City, etc or when I lead with Ghost is my favorite, it tends to get weird

Or when I say I like hip hop and rattle off shit like Atmosphere, Brother Ali, POS, Dessa, Lil Ugly mane, etc

I feel you sis!

Pau

it's not. I just want to know how this guy ticks you know. it doesn't feel really heartfelt if he waits for you to bring something up just to agree like "oh yeah I like that too"
I totally get you. I've met guys like that. They also tend to be embrassed to bring up what they do like.

One of the things I found attractive in Kark was that he didn't pretend to like the same things and would be like: "I don't get superheroes, but I'm willing to listen and try it out."

Jobbs

Banned
The problem for me is finding something to talk about. It's easy to drop in and out of conversation online as topics you feel like talking about come and go, but offline you can't have dead air like that, so you have to know the person well or be really inquisitive or whatever.

For some reason I'm good at running my mouth forever in most cases, might be a gift. I haven't done online dating either though. Maybe I'd have more trouble in that case.

Like sometimes when I get a new actor on skype they'll be a little awkward, especially if they aren't a seasoned pro (and most of my actors aren't seasoned pros) so I'll talk to them a while first and get them comfortable, and it's never really a problem

I had a girl who was very shy at first and basically just giggled and stuff at almost everything I said and I still managed to talk to her haha

it's not. I just want to know how this guy ticks you know. it doesn't feel really heartfelt if he waits for you to bring something up just to agree like "oh yeah I like that too" (especially of he gets the name wrong)

Fair enough. I'm trying to decide if I'd let it slide if someone sorta paid lip service to Dark Souls but didn't actually know much about it. Hmmm.

Neither of my last two girlfriends are big gamers. Erica plays some but she doesn't know shit about Dead Souls

"I don't get superheroes, but I'm willing to listen and try it out."

This is what I'd say, pretty much. I try to be open to new things and shared experiences make things better

I totally get you. I've met guys like that. They also tend to be embrassed to bring up what they do like.

One of the things I found attractive in Kark was that he didn't pretend to like the same things and would be like: "I don't get superheroes, but I'm willing to listen and try it out."

exactly. I mean he doesn't need to like/know ALL the stuff I'm into as long as he's open minded about it. he needs to have own interests instead though.

dralla

I'm not even talking about dating. I don't have any real experience with online dating.

I know it's kind of cliche but asking questions is the best way to keep conversation flowing with people you don't really know, in my experience anyways. Naturally (hopefully) the person would ask questions in return, usually in relation to the question you asked them. Also..food! People love to talk about food. It's always a good topic

Ceallach

Holly I think you're just unique in your interests. If somebody talked to me like that my eyes would glaze over too!
Yeah, I have really specific interests and low tolerance for stuff I don't like. Like I said before, I'm a bad partner. I can't just sit through something for someone without just shit talking the entire time.

I'm really hard to be around, lol

Xiao Hu

'Yeah I also like Dead Souls. It's an awesone band m/ '

I know it's kind of cliche but asking questions is the best way to keep conversation flowing with people you don't really know, in my experience anyways. Naturally (hopefully) the person would ask questions in return, usually in relation to the question you asked them. Also..food! People love to talk about food. It's always a good topic

Yup. Yup. Even so, I prefer to meet people while doing something. Meet them at work, meet them at a party where I still know a bunch of other people, meet them at the dance studio where we're both practicing, something like that. Meeting somebody just to meet somebody is what intimidates me.

For some reason I'm good at running my mouth forever in most cases, might be a gift. I haven't done online dating either though. Maybe I'd have more trouble in that case.

Like sometimes when I get a new actor on skype they'll be a little awkward, especially if they aren't a seasoned pro (and most of my actors aren't seasoned pros) so I'll talk to them a while first and get them comfortable, and it's never really a problem

I had a girl who was very shy at first and basically just giggled and stuff at almost everything I said and I still managed to talk to her haha

Fair enough. I'm trying to decide if I'd let it slide if someone sorta paid lip service to Dark Souls but didn't actually know much about it. Hmmm.

Neither of my last two girlfriends are big gamers. Erica plays some but she doesn't know shit about Dead Souls
Well when you meet your new actors getting to know them is just a courtesy, it's not the point of the exchange. The point of meeting them is to get lines out of them, so you can always fall back into that :p

I've resigned myself to the fact I probably won't be dating someone who cares a lot about games. I'll just be happy if he or she has seen all of Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings!

Jobbs

Banned
Well when you meet your new actors getting to know them is just a courtesy,

I know this is neither here nor there at this point, but in some cases it's pretty essential. Certain people just nail it right away and move on, but far from everyone is like that. Especially if the role is longer/more subtle. You need a rapport, you need to be able to laugh together and all that or else I just don't know how it'd work.

Doing VO is such a drain between casting/recording/editing/implementing I can't even explain it

I'm really hard to be around, lol

hehehe

Jobbs

Banned
yes, he simply played a novel from 1842 with his roommate...maybe like they turned it into a play :OO

Oh, so he claims to have played the game with his room mate, but calls it Dead Souls? Yeah that would bother me too, I guess, because it sounds like he was bullshitting to some degree

I don't want someone to pretend to like or know about something, I'd feel kind of disrespected

Oh, so he claims to have played the game with his room mate, but calls it Dead Souls? Yeah that would bother me too, I guess, because it sounds like he was bullshitting to some degree

I don't want someone to pretend to like or know about something, I'd feel kind of disrespected

see! I'm not that harsh on him. it's all just so nebulous

zeemumu

You could always crack a joke in between silences.

SolVanderlyn

I'm awkward as hell even around people I AM comfortable with.

There's a special charm to hanging out with people equally as awkward. There's a mutual understanding during dead zone silences, like, "yeah this is awkward but we're both used to it so it's cool" and it increases the bond between you

#justnerdythings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom